Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 124   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Princess Charlotte of Cambridge - News and photos  (Read 430139 times)
Oh_Caroline

Small Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1800 on: July 10, 2018, 07:52:09 PM »

We assume that her parents will correct the behavior now and as she grows older.   But just look at William.   That's my concern is that this behavior/dislike of the press will be encouraged.   At three all she needs is a gentle "Charlotte, that's not how we talk to people.   It's not nice.   They may not be coming to tea but isn't it nice that they came to Louis's christening to say congratulations?"  following by monitoring for repeat occurrences.
Antevorta

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #1801 on: July 10, 2018, 10:44:18 PM »

Well, she's barely 3, so I don't see what the big deal is.  If she does this at age 5, then clearly there is an issue.

Also, isn't the Mail not to be trusted?  That's what I've been told when they report on Sparkles. It's so hard to keep it all straight.

Star
Ellie

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #1802 on: July 10, 2018, 11:06:45 PM »

Considering there is video of what Charlotte said, yeah, you can trust the Fail on that one.

Were it my kid I'd be really aghast. She learned it from Daddy for sure, which is the real issue here. William's problems and he's putting those same problems onto his kids. It is not surprising at all to me they'd say things like that or have the attitude William does. I don't think it's cute, but maybe I was stricter with my kid. I'd have been mortified. lol
Tomato

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #1803 on: July 10, 2018, 11:35:04 PM »

Considering there is video of what Charlotte said, yeah, you can trust the Fail on that one.

Were it my kid I'd be really aghast. She learned it from Daddy for sure, which is the real issue here. William's problems and he's putting those same problems onto his kids. It is not surprising at all to me they'd say things like that or have the attitude William does. I don't think it's cute, but maybe I was stricter with my kid. I'd have been mortified. lol

Star

She might just be 3, but these very young years are some of the most crucial for personal development. If she has this attitude now and it's not corrected, it will continue to get worse.

To-may-to, to-mah-to.
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #1804 on: July 10, 2018, 11:36:43 PM »

Star

She might just be 3, but these very young years are some of the most crucial for personal development. If she has this attitude now and it's not corrected, it will continue to get worse.

This is on her parents though - not (yet) on her. So language matters here - as it always does when we discuss kids. Is Charlotte rude or is she just repeating what her parents said. Language matters.
lothwen

Warned
Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #1805 on: July 10, 2018, 11:39:13 PM »

I'm having a hard time hearing the video, so I don't know what her voice and functions are. But, at 3 years old she's going to be rude. She's going to say things that are inappropriate. All kids do, even if they are usually extremely well-behaved. It's just the way that they are, and it's our job as parents to correct them and to teach them how to behave. Just because a child is rude once in a while doesn't mean they're going to grow up to be a rude adult.
Ellie

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #1806 on: July 10, 2018, 11:43:00 PM »

I think it is more concern upon a reflection of William's issues onto his kids. Maybe we're reading too much into it, I don't know, but her being William's child and George's shy almost frightened behavior makes me think that yes, William's already been telling them about the mean big bad media.
Annlynnmarie

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #1807 on: July 10, 2018, 11:47:14 PM »

I completely agree with the sentiment that Charlotte has learned this from her father. William doesn’t seem to get it, with all his great privileges and wealth comes the press. 
wisdomheaven

Humongous Member

Probably don't know what timezone I am in.

Ignore
« Reply #1808 on: July 11, 2018, 12:40:07 AM »

Maybe its just me, but I don't think this is a big deal or a poor showing on Kate or William? Kids same the darndest things sometimes and many kids hate being photographed so it may stem more from that than anything William (or Kate, but probably more William) has said.

One thing is for sure, Charlotte has spirit!
periwinkle

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #1809 on: July 11, 2018, 01:04:45 AM »

Charlotte has pluck and sass and I'm glad for it she will give William headaches so we all have fun things to look forward to in ten to fifteen years lol. But if she is three years old and saying you can't come is yes parroting her parents or lets face it her dad. It is also what three year olds say because they are drawing boundary lines and this is not political or horrible. She knows she can go here and you don't she is learning about all the radial rings of family and friendship and creating those spatial constructs in her brain. This part is normal as is her articulating it. She is learning decorum but still too young.
lizzie78

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #1810 on: July 11, 2018, 01:41:39 AM »

The fact that William smiled when she said it makes me think he's proud of her for saying it. I would have been so embarrassed if my child had said something like that to someone...but if my child had repeatedly heard me talk about how bad those people were, I'm sure they would be bratty toward them too.
lothwen

Warned
Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #1811 on: July 11, 2018, 03:07:26 AM »

The fact that William smiled when she said it makes me think he's proud of her for saying it. I would have been so embarrassed if my child had said something like that to someone...but if my child had repeatedly heard me talk about how bad those people were, I'm sure they would be bratty toward them too.

I've seen people smile while being utterly embarrassed by what their toddler is doing or saying. Just because a parent smiles doesn't mean they approve
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #1812 on: July 11, 2018, 03:23:21 AM »

Well, she's barely 3, so I don't see what the big deal is.  If she does this at age 5, then clearly there is an issue.

Also, isn't the Mail not to be trusted?  That's what I've been told when they report on Sparkles. It's so hard to keep it all straight.

Star

Star

When Mr Pixiecat was 3, he apparently asked a cashier at the grocery store why she was so fat. He hadn’t heard his parents saying that, so not sure where that came from, but my mother in law was mortified. Kids say things that are brutally honest when they’re young. If she’s still doing this at 5, then we’ll know that she’s got issues. Otherwise, no big deal, even if she is William’s kid.  
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 04:24:32 AM by pixiecat » Logged
Antevorta

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #1813 on: July 11, 2018, 03:37:53 AM »

I finally watched the video and I thought she said, “they’re not coming” after she looked behind her, perhaps referencing the family.
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #1814 on: July 11, 2018, 04:28:07 AM »

I finally watched the video and I thought she said, “they’re not coming” after she looked behind her, perhaps referencing the family.

That’s what it sounded like to me too. The way it was posted, I expected it to be a direct rebuttal to something a paparazzi said to her. I don’t think this is anything rude or alarming.

Weren’t Harry and Meghan behind them at one point? I wonder if she was looking for them.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 04:46:27 AM by pixiecat » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 124   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: