Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Princess Charlotte of Cambridge - News and photos  (Read 440117 times)
Chandrasekhi

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #1815 on: July 11, 2018, 10:09:41 AM »

The press is having a field day with the utterances of a three year old.  Roll Eyes  I guess the Chequers showdown and fall-out is taking its toll. Labour should be smiling. I succumbed and watched the clip. IMHO, Charlotte was completely adorable and seems to have done what many kids at this age do because they have not mastered sentence construction viz. pose a question as a statement and they only way to differentiate between the two is to listen for an inflection at the end. Yes, spunky Charlotte, who seems at ease with the media and public, giving everyone cheerful waves, had that inflection. So, she was essentially asking them: "Aren't you coming?" in good sentence construction speak. Daddy, then seems to reply: ""No, they aren't,  as they walk away.

As Lazy as the Lamebridges have been, the Cambridges have rung in the year happier, engaged, committed and I am betting the kids are being exposed to the light side of the moon which probably includes an appreciation for the role of the press in their lives.
casie

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #1816 on: July 11, 2018, 11:33:23 AM »

I finally watched the video and I thought she said, “they’re not coming” after she looked behind her, perhaps referencing the family.

Yeah, that's what I heard, too.  It's the first time I've heard one of the kids speak.   
Duchess of Verona

Big Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1817 on: July 11, 2018, 02:43:08 PM »

Considering there is video of what Charlotte said, yeah, you can trust the Fail on that one.

Were it my kid I'd be really aghast. She learned it from Daddy for sure, which is the real issue here. William's problems and he's putting those same problems onto his kids. It is not surprising at all to me they'd say things like that or have the attitude William does. I don't think it's cute, but maybe I was stricter with my kid. I'd have been mortified. lol
William learned it from Charles. Remember "These bloody people. I cant bear that man. I mean he's so awful" caught on the mike during a photo session with the BBC before his wedding? It's hardly surprising if it's being taught to the next generation.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #1818 on: July 11, 2018, 03:21:19 PM »

I can somewhat understand their animosity towards the media. After all it is the press that stands between them and the "most perfect life". It is the press that calls them out for being lazy, for being ridiculous, for lying or hlidaying when they are supposed to be working, for spending or going over budget. It is the press, that makes the pictures and sells the stories, that keep the royals on the front pages.
Without the media, there would be noone who would be able to judge them like in those wonderful old times in which a queen could go missing for years without anybody makin a fuss.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Clara
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #1819 on: July 11, 2018, 04:58:45 PM »

Like in Morocco right now  Wink

I can understand how it could be seen as brattiness , something that won't be cute soon, but she could have also been told beforehand how the christening was going to unfold and how she was going to see the press but that they were not coming with them, and simply repeating innocently.

onar

Huge Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #1820 on: July 11, 2018, 11:46:50 PM »

Like in Morocco right now  Wink

I can understand how it could be seen as brattiness , something that won't be cute soon, but she could have also been told beforehand how the christening was going to unfold and how she was going to see the press but that they were not coming with them, and simply repeating innocently.
I was thinking the same.

wisdomheaven

Humongous Member

Probably don't know what timezone I am in.

Ignore
« Reply #1821 on: July 12, 2018, 12:55:23 AM »

Well Charlotte was certainly animated while watching yesterday's flypast lol! 

I wonder how long Nanny Maria will stay around? I am guessing until Louis is in school full time? I don't see the Cambridges (well Kate mostly, don't think William would mind tbh) sending their kids to boarding school.

Ellie

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #1822 on: July 12, 2018, 10:16:14 PM »

I figure they'll be sent to boarding school, maybe not as young as 8. Maria would be around and so would the other nannies til they're probably teens at least? Or older?
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #1823 on: July 12, 2018, 10:19:46 PM »

Didn't William and Harry have nannies for most of their childhood/teens?  I'm sure it will be the same as whatever the rest of them have done.
luvcharles

Warned
Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #1824 on: July 13, 2018, 12:50:52 AM »

William and Harry had nannies until well into their teens although Diana did keep changing them not wanting them to get too close to any nanny.

William was badly scared by the removal of Nanny Barnes as he was very close to her and I am pleased to see that he is keeping the same nanny around while the children are very young.

I don't think William and Kate will send the children to boarding school at 8 or maybe at all. There are excellent day schools around and they do seem to want to have a more 'normal' life for their children. We already have Mike on record saying that he and Zara don't intend on sending Mia to boarding school and I suspect the younger generation of royals to all do the same thing. Even Edward hasn't sent his kids to boarding school at all so it seems times are changing within the family.

There are plenty of excellent day schools in London for them to choose if they are so inclined.
Oh_Caroline

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #1825 on: July 13, 2018, 01:22:52 AM »

William and Harry had nannies until well into their teens although Diana did keep changing them not wanting them to get too close to any nanny.

William was badly scared by the removal of Nanny Barnes as he was very close to her and I am pleased to see that he is keeping the same nanny around while the children are very young.

I don't think William and Kate will send the children to boarding school at 8 or maybe at all. There are excellent day schools around and they do seem to want to have a more 'normal' life for their children. We already have Mike on record saying that he and Zara don't intend on sending Mia to boarding school and I suspect the younger generation of royals to all do the same thing. Even Edward hasn't sent his kids to boarding school at all so it seems times are changing within the family.

There are plenty of excellent day schools in London for them to choose if they are so inclined.

Thomas's Battersea goes to age 13 at which point I would not be surprised if the kids went on the boarding school (maybe Marlborough).   I think I read somewhere that Kate boarded part-weekly her last year or two at St. Andrews so say age 11.   So they could just be waiting until the kid are a bit older.   By the time George is 13 (2026), William could very well be the heir and have a truly demanding schedule, the consistence of boarding might actually be good for the kids if William and Kate are away a lot or just super busy.
periwinkle

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #1826 on: July 13, 2018, 01:42:51 AM »

I think Kate mostly takes well to motherhood but she is also from a very aspiring family and waited a long time to become royal. I think she will insist on boarding school to keep up with the royal Joneses so to speak but will wait. 8 years old is awfully young and George especially seems like a sensitive soul. Hopefully there will be no further incidents like sending Charles to Gordonstoun which did him no good. On the other hand it would be nice to see George and maybe the others go off for a semester or year in a Commonwealth country. I was sad that William didn't get a Geelong or similar experience like Charles did. I think that kind of thing is helpful for young people. I realize Charles was sent under the guise of becoming the future king of Australia and that sort of thing is no longer what should define decisions regarding George but it would still be nice to send him if not to Geelong's Timbertops then to Lakefield or a top tier US or European school for a little while.
luvcharles

Warned
Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #1827 on: July 13, 2018, 04:31:49 AM »

I doubt that the Brits would be happy if their future King went to a school outside either the UK or another Commonwealth realm. It would be seen as insulting to the British and the Commonwealth schools.

I was surprised that William wasn't sent to school for a term or two in a Commonwealth school as Charles, Andrew and Edward were (Edward went as a duty master rather than a student to a school in New Zealand). There may have been plans to do so prior to Diana's death of course, which were then put on the back burner to keep the boys together rather then separate them just as Harry was starting at Eton, as I doubt they would have wanted to interrupt William's final two years at school.
Lady Liebe

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #1828 on: July 13, 2018, 05:28:16 PM »

I doubt that the Brits would be happy if their future King went to a school outside either the UK or another Commonwealth realm. It would be seen as insulting to the British and the Commonwealth schools.

I was surprised that William wasn't sent to school for a term or two in a Commonwealth school as Charles, Andrew and Edward were (Edward went as a duty master rather than a student to a school in New Zealand). There may have been plans to do so prior to Diana's death of course, which were then put on the back burner to keep the boys together rather then separate them just as Harry was starting at Eton, as I doubt they would have wanted to interrupt William's final two years at school.

Bit of misogyny there, Anne was not sent abroad.

Yep, big insult if they went to a non Commonwealth country for school, and I too believe Diana's death put paid to any plans to send William and Haz for a term in the Commonwealth. I hope George, Charlotte and Louis get to go.

periwinkle

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #1829 on: July 13, 2018, 06:12:24 PM »

Yes you all are correct of course that William and Harry's kids can't go outside of the Commonwealth. I was thinking broadly about other European royals in the US which seems to be ok. Going overseas has such positive benefits so I hope they do it and I guess the timing with Diana's death did indeed put a hold on sending the boys overseas. Australia is a long haul but Canada makes a lot of sense. I read that Andrew still gets together with other Lakefield "boys" on annual canoe trips which is a nice dose of normal for a man who lives an un-normal life. Maybe Anne didn't want to leave Britain?
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: