Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Princess Charlotte of Cambridge - News and photos  (Read 578156 times)
Zazoo

Small Member

Cyprus Cyprus

Ignore
« Reply #2100 on: August 21, 2020, 03:16:10 AM »

Iím a lefty too my parents never pressured me to change but my fist year elementary teacher( married to an orthodox priest) Wanted me to used my right hand because the left was not pious according to her and mom went ballistic on her and told her off (my school was a private catholic one).
I was writing the same way as Charlotte at the same age and a little bit older i was forgetting few letters while writing big words, itís okay it has to do with the left hand covering the words already written and my a lit dyslexia on my part.
Itís true lefties do tent to be more artistic, Iím an architect myself and considering her mother and great grandfather artistic pursuits Lottie has good examples
Ps lilibet is also leftie do I remember right?

Me too!  I remember being encouraged to use my right hand to write and being told my life would be easier if I conformed. So my writing is awful and I try to avoid writing by hand. I also remember being ashamed to ask for the ďspecialĒ scissors in art class. But the nuns did worse to my mother when she was in primary school.   She was the child of Italian immigrants and they named her Silvia. The nuns told them they were wrong and she should be ďSylviaĒ.  So they changed the spelling of her name!  She always hated her name after that.

I donít know about HM, but William definitely is a lefty. I would imagine if Charlotte is left handed they would just go with it and not try to force her to use her right hand.

Hahahahaha the struggle was real you donít know how many times I god burned or cut during cooking or crafting maquette (for university) because most of the tools are made for right handed people, sometimes I feel that I live in a world that trys to kill me
Mine too but I own it  Grin sometimes it  was so bad that if I didnít went to copy my notes straight after class I couldnít read it, itís still is and my boyfriend doesnít even let me do the grocery list.
My mom was always sensible about it because her younger sister was slap by her teachers with a ruler for not writing with the right hand (she end up switching to right handed writing and doing everything else with the left).
Ps the queen is right handed (checked it) but Queen Vic was a lefty!
Ps2 goingís back reading my post make me realize how bad my spelling is I donít know if my dyslexia got worse(is it a thing) but I sorry that you have to endure that

"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." ? Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
luvcharles

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #2101 on: August 21, 2020, 03:18:10 AM »

Iím a lefty too my parents never pressured me to change but my fist year elementary teacher( married to an orthodox priest) Wanted me to used my right hand because the left was not pious according to her and mom went ballistic on her and told her off (my school was a private catholic one).
I was writing the same way as Charlotte at the same age and a little bit older i was forgetting few letters while writing big words, itís okay it has to do with the left hand covering the words already written and my a lit dyslexia on my part.
Itís true lefties do tent to be more artistic, Iím an architect myself and considering her mother and great grandfather artistic pursuits Lottie has good examples
Ps lilibet is also leftie do I remember right?

The Queen isn't a lefty but her father was, William is and I think Edward may be as well.

Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #2102 on: August 21, 2020, 04:41:49 AM »

I wonder if Charlotte is a lefty? There is something about her backwards 2's and the t's that would indicate she is either ambidextrous or is a lefty or a lefty forced to be a righty it all indicates spatial dexterity so this is not a criticism just an observation. She may become an artist or work in the design world somehow like a planner or landscape architect even.
Reversals are fairly common at her age/stage of schooling.  Smiley

Yes, I teach third grade and it's still not that out of the ordinary for them to still be mixing up b/d or writing their 2s and 5s backwards. They usually start to self-correct on their own by the time they finish the year.

And dear Charlotte's only 5 so we're several years away from being concerned about her writing regardless of which hand she uses.  Around here kids haven't done much beyond the vary basics by her age...more writing readiness than actual hardcore handwriting lessons.  Real lessons start more in kindergarten and go thru elementary school.  I shudder to think about the handwriting projects from my early elementary years that my mother has saved in my memory box.  Absolute horrors.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #2103 on: August 21, 2020, 12:06:24 PM »

There is also the lovely and rather comical habit of mirror writing. Most kids eventually grow out of it, but some retain the ability and make up a perfect little secret hand writing. (aka the Brontee sisters)

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
emtishell

Large Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #2104 on: August 21, 2020, 12:22:11 PM »

My daughter did this from a very young age..... she would use her left hand and write ďperfectĒ from the left side of the page, then sheíd switch to her right hand and write mirror image from the right hand side! She eventually went with right for writing, but plays sports and stuff left handed.

My husband was a lefty forced to be right at school, and he says now he canít write well with either  Grin this possibly also caused/contributed to his dyslexia. he also plays most sports lefty.
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: