Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sofia's Image - Manipulated, Polished, Manipulated & Polished  (Read 73633 times)
SvenskaSarah

Large Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: November 12, 2018, 09:38:37 PM »

Swedish author Camilla Läckberg has written a children's book with Sofia in it

https://www.instagram.com...=sv&taken-by=lackberg
https://stoppapressarna.s...bete-med-camilla-lackberg

Camilla Läckberg, 44, is not only famous for her crime novels about Patrik Hedström and Erica Falck in Fjällbacka. She has also written seven children's books about "Super-Charlie" and has now finished another book about the young hero. In her new book "Super-Charlie", which came out a couple of days ago, Princess Sofia, 33, is featured.

Camilla Läckberg tells herself on Instagram about the collaboration:
- In every Super-Charlie book, I portray a "real" person somewhere. And in the new book released this day, I have very special reason for the person I chose. Namely our amazing princess Sofia.

Camilla Läckberg does not know Sofia personally but it is reasonable to assume that Läckberg's agent Christina Saliba, 43, has something to do with it. Saliba has on several occasions helped Prince Carl Philip, 39, with media advice and she has a "very good relationship with the royal court".

For Camilla Läckberg, it was not difficult to choose Princess Sofia as a figure in the children's book.
- I have met her a couple of times in recent years and as a person she has impressed me a lot. She is warm, humble, nice and determined[/i].

The new book on "Super-Charlie" will also generate revenue for the Princess's charity initiative Project Playground. Camilla Läckberg is impressed by the princess in general and perhaps in particular by her commitment to children in need:
- And her involvement in @projplayground is even more impressive. Therefore she will be featured in the book and, above all, "Super-Charlie and Spökfällans" sales will generate money for Project Playground. Super-Charlie is a superhero who would like to help whenever he can.

She got one thing right-Hoefia is indeed determined.  Determined to have fame at any cost.  Determined to change her image and throw her sister in law repeatedly under the bus.  This must have cost CP and CG quite a few kroner.  Roll Eyes

If this woman really wanted to help children, she wouldn't put a rape apologist who sexualized little girls and literally stole this charity away from its actual founder into her book.  Thinking

I like how this article states that Läckberg doesn't know Hoefia personally but is willing to paint her as a positive role model in one of her books, and her agent's "good relationship" with the Royal Court suggests that this nothing but a pathetic PR attempt, but also could explain those pesky leaks from the Royal Court...  Whistle
Celia

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: November 16, 2018, 04:33:42 PM »

Whenever I see Sofia at an event, whether it's a dinner, board meeting or ribbon cutting (or equivalent), I am reminded of how Sofia Loren got started in show biz:  as a cartoon model.  She would stand there with one frozen expression on her face after another, as the artist sketched away.  Shock.  Horror.  Happiness.  Curiosity.  Interest.  Etc.  Shift shift shit. I get the impression this Sofia puts on an expression that she thinks means "interest, comprehension and intelligence," but it doesn't quite work...
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: November 16, 2018, 06:49:53 PM »

Whenever I see Sofia at an event, whether it's a dinner, board meeting or ribbon cutting (or equivalent), I am reminded of how Sofia Loren got started in show biz:  as a cartoon model.  She would stand there with one frozen expression on her face after another, as the artist sketched away.  Shock.  Horror.  Happiness.  Curiosity.  Interest.  Etc.  Shift shift shit. I get the impression this Sofia puts on an expression that she thinks means "interest, comprehension and intelligence," but it doesn't quite work...

Or even empathy. That doesn’t work either.
Celia

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: November 16, 2018, 06:56:19 PM »

Obviously I didn't mean to use an expletive.  Shift.  As in shift from this expression to the next.  Sorry!
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: November 16, 2018, 07:11:34 PM »

Obviously I didn't mean to use an expletive.  Shift.  As in shift from this expression to the next.  Sorry!

Laughing I had to read your post twice before I saw it.
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: January 14, 2019, 09:06:45 AM »

Karin Lennmor at Expressen praises Sofia for "modernizing" the royal family's social media presence

https://www.expressen.se/...ngafamiljen-att-tanka-om/

I, who likes all things royal and also works with writing about everything that happens at the court, I feel a clear change in the royal family. Something has happened!
And I suspect that a certain person is behind this change... and has made the royal family rethink things.

All of a sudden we are bombarded with pictures, information, movies and Instagram from the royal house! Gone are the times when we just had to settle for stiff and formal pictures from various royal events and celebrations. In recent months, we have seen cute Lucia pictures of the kids at Victoria's home, Prince Carl Philip hugging little Alexander, a filmed Christmas greeting from the greenhouse at Haga and Instagram photos of little Adrienne in her pram. Most recently, we received a lovely film greeting from the snowy ski slopes in Trysil, Norway, where the Crown Princess celebrated the last part of her long Christmas holiday with Daniel, Estelle and Oscar. Add to that royal meetings in television programs in both SVT and TV4, where last year was summarized, added with casual interviews and a peek into the most private thing of them all - the royal family's private workrooms.

Us royalists are of course enjoying it! But what is this sudden openness due to?

Time is of course a factor, and the fact that the three royal children and their families are young, modern people who feel it is completely natural to participate in and be active on social media. Sharing is caring. But I also think that a certain person has put pressure on them, and that person is Princess Sofia! When she entered the royal family, she was already so much more comfortable with social media than the rest of the family.

Although Sofia has only been a member of the family for a few years, she has already become a natural part of the family. If Sofia has an opinion, people listen to it. Not at least the king.

Another example is the royal diet.
Sofia is a vegetarian and she has influenced the rest of the family to also eat vegetarian.  Not every day maybe, but it is a step forward. For example, thanks to Sofia, there were several vegetarian dishes at this year's Christmas table. This would have been unthinkable just a decade ago when people were feasting on piglets and plum pudding with kidney (yuk!).
Queen Silvia also said in an interview that she and the king eat vegetarian some time a week. Good job, Sofia! How very modern of you!

And it's the same thing with social media and the new openness of the royal family. Princess Sofia has definitely had something to do with it. I, who have worked with and written about the royal family for over 30 years, can tell you what they feel about us journalists… a necessary evil…It's so much better nowadays when they themselves can, to some extent, control which images are published, which assignments get an extra attention and how much the children should be exposed to the public.

Sofia, and time, have contributed to this. Who knows, in the future, maybe members of the royal family may also have their own private Twitter accounts, where important but non-political and non-controversial issues such as environmental work, bullying and wellness are discussed. The royal house already has a twitter account for information, but Sofia may be able to influence the whole family to have their own accounts and make their own posts. Exciting times.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: January 14, 2019, 10:46:12 AM »

The author of this piece gives Sofia way to much credit IMO:

"..But I also think that a certain person has put pressure on them, and that person is Princess Sofia! When she entered the royal family, she was already so much more comfortable with social media than the rest of the family.

Although Sofia has only been a member of the family for a few years, she has already become a natural part of the family. If Sofia has an opinion, people listen to it. Not at least the king….."
onar

Humongous Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: January 14, 2019, 12:13:39 PM »

Super trashy article and too obvious PR.
Maddie is the one who actually shares moments with her kids, yet S takes the credits. Vic shares the Christmas videos with hubby and kids, yet S takes the credits. Sylvia doesn't eat meat every day and, again, S takes the credits.
Too bad for Swedes, they're stuck with the trashy trash.

SvenskaSarah

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: January 14, 2019, 03:27:47 PM »

All Sofia has done for the SRF is to cheapen it to a reality show level of trash. Even when other members look regal for events, she always manages to bring down the tone.
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: January 14, 2019, 04:32:44 PM »

All Sofia has done for the SRF is to cheapen it to a reality show level of trash. Even when other members look regal for events, she always manages to bring down the tone.

While I agree with your conclusion that she has irrevocably cheapened the SRF, I think the ultimate blame lies with CG.  None of this could have happened without his consent/inaction.
SvenskaSarah

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: January 14, 2019, 08:37:46 PM »

While I agree with your conclusion that she has irrevocably cheapened the SRF, I think the ultimate blame lies with CG.  None of this could have happened without his consent/inaction.

Oh I completely agree with you there. I'm all for love overcoming all and equality to marry whomever you like, but when you're representing a country, you have to be more selective. CG should have disallowed the marriage, or made CP give his title up. Sofia hasn't made any contribution at all in nearly four years, except for producing two children to live off taxpayers money, and creating a charity you never hear of. I think if Madde had given up her title at her wedding it would have been easier to make CP do it.
genegal43

Huge Member

All I got was a Nancy Pearl Action Figure...

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: January 15, 2019, 02:56:11 AM »

How much did Sofia shell out for this article?

Genealogy: shrinking the world one person at a time!
Eve

Large Member

Estonia Estonia

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: January 15, 2019, 07:46:37 AM »

Karin Lennmor has never hidden her devoted admiration towards Sofia Hellqvist - she did everything possible so the Swedish people wouldn't know the whole truth about Sofia and her shady past. When Lenmor was in SvenskDam, then suddenly it was necessary to censor off all the negative comments about Sofia H, so people wouldn't know about snake's shady past and her past behaviour.
So I am not at all surprised to see another admiriring crap story from this woman about Sofia and her bringing "openness" into the royal family.
However, hard to believe that Lenmor did not know about those Haga greetings and Madeleine's snap shots that all came pre-Sofia era! Next we know Karen Lenmor will give Sofia the credit for inventing Instagram and Facebook     Crazy
Kemenate

Mini Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: January 15, 2019, 11:22:08 AM »

She must come across as very likeable and charismatic, when journalists try to hide those things.
genegal43

Huge Member

All I got was a Nancy Pearl Action Figure...

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: January 15, 2019, 03:50:29 PM »

Karin Lennmor has never hidden her devoted admiration towards Sofia Hellqvist - she did everything possible so the Swedish people wouldn't know the whole truth about Sofia and her shady past. When Lenmor was in SvenskDam, then suddenly it was necessary to censor off all the negative comments about Sofia H, so people wouldn't know about snake's shady past and her past behaviour.
So I am not at all surprised to see another admiriring crap story from this woman about Sofia and her bringing "openness" into the royal family.
However, hard to believe that Lenmor did not know about those Haga greetings and Madeleine's snap shots that all came pre-Sofia era! Next we know Karen Lenmor will give Sofia the credit for inventing Instagram and Facebook     Crazy

Zuckerberg might have something to say about that!  He might have to shut down SvenskaDam....   Whistle

Genealogy: shrinking the world one person at a time!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: