Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sofia's Image - Manipulated, Polished, Manipulated & Polished  (Read 74345 times)
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2015, 12:11:31 AM »

How could she get a work visa to teach yoga?

She couldn't.  If she was really teaching yoga, then it was "under the table" as we say in the US.  If she was a student on a student visa, then the only type of employment she could hold would be as a student worker at the university she attended.  However, in this case, she didn't attend a university (and I doubt that "school" she attended had jobs for their students).  Any employment she held while in NY was illegal in the eyes of the government (and possibly in general, lol).  

Flanagan

Large Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2015, 01:27:35 AM »

"...2005 began Sofia Hellqvist study accounting with a focus on business development at the New York Institute of English and Business...."

Apparently she started it, but never finished it.

Not to mention the fact that this isn't a "real" university.  She would never have been able to get a legitimate degree from this school.  All she could have gotten would be a certificate.  The certificate would never have qualified her to be anything other than a secretary. 

Pretty sad when you can't even finish a low-level certificate.   Roll Eyes 

ITA!  This quote from the founder (1979) sounds a whole lot like "experienced experience" ....."I firmly believe that life is a two-way mirror. A retrospective view teaches us who and what we are - our genes, our physical makeup. The rest is intangible and can be developed to any degree that we desire and are able to comprehend."   Crazy

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2015, 01:38:23 AM »

"...2005 began Sofia Hellqvist study accounting with a focus on business development at the New York Institute of English and Business...."

Not to mention the fact that this isn't a "real" university.  She would never have been able to get a legitimate degree from this school.  All she could have gotten would be a certificate.  The certificate would never have qualified her to be anything other than a secretary. 

ITA!  This quote from the founder (1979) sounds a whole lot like "experienced experience" ....."I firmly believe that life is a two-way mirror. A retrospective view teaches us who and what we are - our genes, our physical makeup. The rest is intangible and can be developed to any degree that we desire and are able to comprehend."   Crazy

Good find!  Star  Sounds like a pile of rubbish to me.  What a joke that this is the only school she attended post high school.  I have a hard time believing that she actually attended any classes in Stockholm.  I doubt she was smart enough to sit through a real university course. 
Flanagan

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2015, 01:50:07 AM »

Good find!  Star  Sounds like a pile of rubbish to me.  What a joke that this is the only school she attended post high school.  I have a hard time believing that she actually attended any classes in Stockholm.  I doubt she was smart enough to sit through a real university course. 

I would put money on it.  It is a pile of rubbish.  And what real school would accept a notarized statement that the student completed high school?  None that I know of, that's for sure.  Do we know for sure she actually made it in to, or out of high school?   Secret
Emma Rose

Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2015, 03:08:26 AM »

She graduated from the School of Hard Knocks. Or in Sofia's case The School of Hard C*cks.
Ooops. Sorry Maria, I just had to write it.   Blush
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2015, 03:34:45 AM »

Was the NYC class where her teacher had "funny foot" or something? And WTH does that mean?
Emma Rose

Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2015, 03:47:16 AM »

Was the NYC class where her teacher had "funny foot" or something? And WTH does that mean?
Is it athlete's foot? A nasty fungus that grows in dark moist places, causing much pain and itching?
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2015, 04:00:42 AM »

Gross! LOL....

She said it twitched or something,...
Lola Heart

Warned
Large Member

temi's biggest fan!

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2015, 07:50:15 AM »

Here's the class quote: “We took classes in Business. Bellyaches after every lesson from all our laughing fits. Our teacher had something as funny as “crazy foot” that is, cramps in his legs. We are talking violent spasms, we laughed so hard we almost got six-pack abs. Pleasure finds us even at the schoolbench”.

Given that she says "classes" suggests that as an on-going problem it was some kind of disability that would result in violent leg cramping (as opposed to a charley horse he got once in class).

More royal musings can be found at www.lovelolaheart.com
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2015, 08:20:52 AM »

What a mean ugly-baby blowup doll  Angry
Lola Heart

Warned
Large Member

temi's biggest fan!

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2015, 09:01:00 AM »

How could she get a work visa to teach yoga?

She couldn't.  If she was really teaching yoga, then it was "under the table" as we say in the US.  If she was a student on a student visa, then the only type of employment she could hold would be as a student worker at the university she attended.  However, in this case, she didn't attend a university (and I doubt that "school" she attended had jobs for their students).  Any employment she held while in NY was illegal in the eyes of the government (and possibly in general, lol).  

Yes, if Sofia got caught getting paid under the table, she could have been deported and prohibited from reentering the United States for up to 10 years.  There are certain exceptions, such as very limited on-campus work, but as you mentioned, she would have to meet very strict criteria.  Sofia's most current CV has been modified to be even more vague, mention of part-time work has been removed, I guess someone finally figured out it was admission of a future official representative of Sweden breaking US law.  Now it says, "During her time in New York, Sofia also studied at YTTP, Yoga To The People, to become a certified yoga instructor. She was also involved in setting up a yoga centre."

I've never been able to dig up anything on this center she allegedly set up.  Sofia did practice yoga at Yoga to the People and was said to have taught some classes there, the center remains a mystery.

Sofia would have gotten paid in cash for working at private events and clubs, basically certain twenty-somethings (usually aspiring models or actresses) are hired as human decoration, they're supposed to mingle, get people to dance, flirt with the men, sometimes certain VIPs will be pointed out to the girls and they will be instructed to focus their attention on them.  The girls get paid in cash at the end of the night, most clubs or event planners don't care what happens after that.  As you can imagine, some shadiness does transpire, but not always. Some girls go home at the end of the night, some girls find their sugar daddies this way, some girls get paid additional money to make sure the night is extra memorable for the men.  Sofia is said to have gone the sugar daddy route. 

On this page http://toshi-party.blogsp...m/2006_02_01_archive.html, you can see Sofia was listed as attending one of Toshi's parties as a "guest from the hit Swedish TV show Paradise Hotel" and he lists how much he pays "cute" people for attending his parties (the prices he lists are very high for this sort of work).  Sofia probably got paid more for this appearance than usual because Toshi has a Swedish niche who would have heard of "Paradise Hotel", but the average New Yorker would have no idea what that was or who Sofia was.

Sofia wasn't terribly careful in terms of leaving a trail.  One of Sofia's own travel blogs, the entry entitled, "We Call Ourselves Survivors" there was reference to a photo shoot she was going to and being lost in Brooklyn when a "savior" came to her rescue: "

Sofia was on her way to a photo shoot, he was one of their team." So not only does this suggest more work she wasn't supposed to be doing according to the terms of her visa, it also raises the question of what kind of shoot she was doing and if there could be more scandalous photos of her. Sofia at 5'4" (and I think that's slightly fudged) is far too short to be considered for any kind of mainstream modeling in NYC, even lingerie and swimsuit models have to be tall. I have a friend who had trouble getting work because she's 5'8 3/4".  According to a 2002 study, only 4% of NYC models are below 5'8" and those who are had someone within the industry help them.  Women below 5'9" can do parts modeling, but I don't think Sofia could have.  I have done some (nothing impressive, I just happen to know people who decided to use me) and there is a surprising amount of paperwork... forms you would normally fill out for tax purposes, for a tooth whitening product I had to sign a contract that was around 8 pages long that stated I had used the product for the specified duration, I didn't use any other whitening products, I hadn't had my teeth professionally whitened in the last six months, etc.  Given how legally cautious these companies are, I seriously doubt they'd hire someone who wasn't supposed to be legally working.  The only modeling work in NYC I can see Sofia getting paid for under the table is nude modeling or fetish modeling. I suspect there are more scandalous photos out there that we haven't seen yet.

More royal musings can be found at www.lovelolaheart.com
Lovis

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2015, 09:29:37 AM »

I have to say I'm again and again surprised how far she got with her look. She is not really what you can call a beauty, especially in Sweden and the US. IMO she has no special charm or anything. What does she have (or what does she do Nerves ) to stick out that way?
Desideria

Medium Member

Sweden Sweden

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2015, 09:32:23 AM »

As far as I understand she took a five week summer course at the university. The summer courses are usually rather relaxed and the exam at the end isn't always a big test that takes a whole day to complete, but some kind of group assignment where you hand in a shorter essay that has been collectively written. You can sit through it without much effort and still pass. I suspect that's what happened with Sofia.
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2015, 07:20:24 PM »

I have to say I'm again and again surprised how far she got with her look. She is not really what you can call a beauty, especially in Sweden and the US. IMO she has no special charm or anything. What does she have (or what does she do Nerves ) to stick out that way?

My guess is that it's all NSFW (obviously!)
Bellatrix

Micro Member

role model

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2015, 07:46:35 PM »

I notice something interesting. We should give SRF gold medal in whitewashing Sofia past, especially when it comes to her education. Honesty, I want to shake a person’s hand who come up with this idea. How the SRF bring all academic courses and schools she attend, but never write anything about her getting a diploma or you know, when you finish training you got a paper to confirm it. Nothing, so it is obvious to me that she could attend classes, but she could never complete (she could simply sign up). Like in my case, I studied psychology and art history – sound great, right? But I got degree only in art history, and complete one year in psychology, not that impressive when you know all the facts.

And now back to Sofia, I read interesting exchange of opinions of Sofia’s and one girl wanted to shut it down and write: “how we dare to criticize Sofia, this woman completed seven majors”. I couldn’t believe my eyes. That’s what happened when you only write half the truth. People who don’t know how to get an university degree will thought that she is an educated woman, when in fact she is not. And this apply to whole Sofia’s CV. Half-truths.

And girls on tumblr love to remind that she is succeed business woman – opened her own yoga studio in NY. Do people really believe in that? Yoga studio in NY, that’s sounds like a lot of affords and money investments, and then she just go back to Sweden? Haha right… In my opinion she was just a normal employee that was there when this whole Yoga studio start activity, because you just simply not start something that big in foreign country, to abandon it short after.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: