Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Classics thread - memoriable moments with Mosh  (Read 231593 times)
anastasia beaverhausen

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #735 on: December 23, 2018, 08:19:21 PM »

Maybe she knew that Maxima of the NL had been loaned a family tiara months before her own wedding to WA (at the summer 2001 wedding of Haakon and MM). And so she was expecting the same treatment ?

Edit : and not only Maxima wore the base of the Antique pearl tiara but she also had pearl errings and brooch from her future in-laws

Imagine the screeches that would have engendered if they’d been concurrent! This is what happens when your future in-laws actually like you.

I’ll say this for Madame, she’s lightened up on the blush/bronzer over the years.
Countess of Cows

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #736 on: December 23, 2018, 08:35:49 PM »

Fair disclosure, I really liked Mary at the beginning because I liked freddles.  He was cute, always smiling, I'd seen him with his nephews and he always seemed sweet and kinda lost. 

Then Mary, they'd " pulled off" the courtship, she seemed sporty, normal, almost plump and she stayed totally out of the media (played that right), he was so clearly smitten and in love, mano mano I bought into the fairy tale.  Even up to Xian I  wanted to  believe the act and then suddenly she was IMO out there, brash, power hungry, cold.  Lost weight, started messing with her face (I called insecure from the beginning and believe that's why she is so odd with Bella).  I think things went off the rails after Xian, Bella was the prop up the marriage baby and the twins were her safety net.  JMO

I still have a soft spot for freddles, I don't believe he's weak, I know the man I admired before Mary.  I think he's as stunned, disappointed and off put by mares as the rest of us.  I know he loves his children, they adore him and he seems like an involved and caring father.  I just hope the kids get exposed to the Shacks  happy atmosphere and grow up with a  bond with their cousins.  The road ahead in the middle of an unhappy marriage will never get  better.  God save Queen Margaret. 

I remember the green dress occasion, she was jittery and like a deer in headlights, it was one of the very first events.  The black and white necklace in the next photo's were a wedding gift from Henry.  Black and White pearls, I think I remember a very snarky dishing thread on that...I mean you know pearls and without earrings  Lolipop

"I would sooner have you hate me for telling you the truth than adore me for telling you lies." Pietro Aretino

I would rather be hated for something I am, than loved for something I am not. -Bob Marley
Barrie

Most Exalted Member

Canada Canada

Rufus loves Royal Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #737 on: December 23, 2018, 09:48:58 PM »

OT but Max looks so pretty in that picture
onar

Gigantic Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #738 on: December 23, 2018, 11:47:58 PM »

She even began the first of her many 'Hello cameras! ' moment

This is one of her best photos, maybe the best of them all.

Curtains

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #739 on: December 24, 2018, 03:21:49 AM »

And the necklace was never seen again, IIRC.  I thought it simply gorgeous, then and now.

"Some of it's magic, and some of it's tragic: but I had a good life, all the way." - Jimmy Buffet, America's premiere poet
Princess BlueEyes

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #740 on: December 24, 2018, 05:15:36 AM »

And the necklace was never seen again, IIRC.  I thought it simply gorgeous, then and now.

Me too!    Hug

Harley
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Yemen Yemen

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #741 on: December 24, 2018, 07:26:12 AM »

I think we’ve seen it once or twice after this. But not much.

Barrie

Most Exalted Member

Canada Canada

Rufus loves Royal Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #742 on: December 24, 2018, 03:15:10 PM »

Wasn't nice enough for her probably
Countess of Cows

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #743 on: December 24, 2018, 03:30:21 PM »

I'm not certain but I think she wore it to the Dame's funeral.  It's a beautiful piece but I'm sure she doesn't appreciate the gesture or the necklace, too classic and understated, it's just not her. 

"I would sooner have you hate me for telling you the truth than adore me for telling you lies." Pietro Aretino

I would rather be hated for something I am, than loved for something I am not. -Bob Marley
Marieke

Warned
Mini Member

Belgium Belgium

Ignore
« Reply #744 on: December 24, 2018, 04:02:05 PM »

She wore it twice after it:

Funeral prince Henrik

Flag Day

pocahontas

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #745 on: December 25, 2018, 02:09:43 AM »

She doesn't look nervous or overwhelmed in these photos. She looks pissed and entitled.

I'm convinced all of her stylists hated her back then.
They convinced her to wear an unflattering strapless gown. She accepted because it was shiny with a big skirt - just what a princess would wear, she thought. Then the bowling ball updo's started - and haven't abated. This one at the Lux dinner wasn't too bad though. Then for the first several years of her marriage, she wore garish clown makeup. Perhaps the makeup artist convinced her she would be more visible in pics if she wore such vivid colors. Or, perhaps more likely, she insisted on looking like this because she has no taste.

If she was pouting about not getting jewels to wear, it is possible to look really elegant without fancy jewels. If she wore a high neck dress or a dress with a fancy bodice, she would not have needed a necklace. And a nice pair of earrings (which can be simple crystals) would've looked festive enough.

A memorable moment with Mosh - the State visit from Luxembourg in late 2003.
She was engaged to Fred and as such was probably expecting to be lend some royal jewels - the style of the dress litteraly screams for some to complete the look !
And she wasn't given any.
 So for her first attendance at a State visit here is the face she presented to the guests and cameras.

pocahontas

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #746 on: December 25, 2018, 02:15:30 AM »

It would've been a good look if it weren't for the giant ball of fake hair on her head.

Her best evening look IMHO, was when she accompanied Henrik to Carl Gustaf's birthday party.
Great hair, great makeup, and, ironically, not much bling which proves that simple is best.
https://media.gettyimages...s-with-picture-id57493974

She even began the first of her many 'Hello cameras! ' moment

This is one of her best photos, maybe the best of them all.
Diamond Lil

Gigantic Member

New Zealand New Zealand

Ignore
« Reply #747 on: December 25, 2018, 02:57:43 AM »

Fair disclosure, I really liked Mary at the beginning because I liked freddles.  He was cute, always smiling, I'd seen him with his nephews and he always seemed sweet and kinda lost. 

Then Mary, they'd " pulled off" the courtship, she seemed sporty, normal, almost plump and she stayed totally out of the media (played that right), he was so clearly smitten and in love, mano mano I bought into the fairy tale.  Even up to Xian I  wanted to  believe the act and then suddenly she was IMO out there, brash, power hungry, cold.  Lost weight, started messing with her face (I called insecure from the beginning and believe that's why she is so odd with Bella).  I think things went off the rails after Xian, Bella was the prop up the marriage baby and the twins were her safety net.  JMO

I still have a soft spot for freddles, I don't believe he's weak, I know the man I admired before Mary.  I think he's as stunned, disappointed and off put by mares as the rest of us.  I know he loves his children, they adore him and he seems like an involved and caring father.  I just hope the kids get exposed to the Shacks  happy atmosphere and grow up with a  bond with their cousins.  The road ahead in the middle of an unhappy marriage will never get  better.  God save Queen Margaret. 

I remember the green dress occasion, she was jittery and like a deer in headlights, it was one of the very first events.  The black and white necklace in the next photo's were a wedding gift from Henry.  Black and White pearls, I think I remember a very snarky dishing thread on that...I mean you know pearls and without earrings  Lolipop

I liked her in the beginning, too.  She seemed normal and down to earth then.  Maybe it all went to her head very quickly, because it didn't take long for her to come across as haughty and arrogant and full of herself.

getafix
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #748 on: December 25, 2018, 10:32:35 AM »

didn't MEdiana wear it to Dame's funeral as it was him who gave it to her?  Thinking

I vaguely remember she had in on underneath all that black

G Thinking

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
getafix
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #749 on: December 25, 2018, 10:34:46 AM »

It would've been a good look if it weren't for the giant ball of fake hair on her head.

Her best evening look IMHO, was when she accompanied Henrik to Carl Gustaf's birthday party.
Great hair, great makeup, and, ironically, not much bling which proves that simple is best.
https://media.gettyimages...s-with-picture-id57493974

Yes, Poco, that look was THE best for MEdiana!!

sorry CoC!! I wrote the same thing...before scrolling down  Blush  Hug

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: