Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 29   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Romanian Royal Family News & Photos  (Read 155831 times)
genegal43

Huge Member

All I got was a Nancy Pearl Action Figure...

Ignore
« Reply #375 on: October 02, 2018, 04:03:54 AM »

More pics. Second dress. They look kinda sad/unconfortable. Maybe because his family(except his sister) didn't attend?
As for the tiara, he's no longer part of the succession line and I assume he can't afford to buy one.

Tgat would be my guess.  His sister was a bridesmaid in the wedding according to Royal Musings.

Genealogy: shrinking the world one person at a time!
esther angeline

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #376 on: October 02, 2018, 04:12:40 AM »

Why didn't his family attend?
getafix

Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #377 on: October 02, 2018, 06:09:49 AM »

She forgot to zip the dress, tsts, that obviously explains why her girls are sagging in the front..
Quite a shame, she looks lovely in that one shot.

maybe the bride wore her wedding frock back to front?

seriously, I have a question: why did all the current royal families attend this funeral (sorry for my ignorance  Blush  ) is that because the person who died was related to all these royal families or is it just out of respect, please?

tak.

G Smiley
« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 06:28:44 AM by getafix » Logged

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
Ghost

Small Member

Romania Romania

Ignore
« Reply #378 on: October 02, 2018, 07:30:18 AM »

She forgot to zip the dress, tsts, that obviously explains why her girls are sagging in the front..

seriously, I have a question: why did all the current royal families attend this funeral (sorry for my ignorance  Blush  ) is that because the person who died was related to all these royal families or is it just out of respect, please?

tak.

G Smiley

Yes. King Mihai, the last reigning king of Romania was related to everybody. His mother was a princess of Greece ( I think she was the aunt of Prince Philip), so she was also an aunt of Queen Sofia of Spain. His grandmother, Queen Marie of Romania, was a granddaughter of Queen Victoria. I have to find out how he was related to the Danes, because I know he was. Also, by King Carol, the first king of Romania, he was part of the Hohenzollern-Singmarinen family. His wife, never crowned Queen Anne, was a Bourbon-Parma. Such a presence at his funeral was also because he was the last European monarch to have reigned during WWII. And he was very loved and respected, I had the chance to meet him once, in 92. He was charismatic in a spartan way, I will never forget the man beyond the king. I also met Queen Anne once, she was lovely, also spartan, but in a softer way.
Ghost

Small Member

Romania Romania

Ignore
« Reply #379 on: October 02, 2018, 07:33:50 AM »

He was disinherited by his grandfather two years ago. After a brief story with a lady, a little girl was born. As the Romanian dinasty was tormented by an illegitimate child in the thirties, he was not to provoke another scandal. His aunt, Margaret, does not budge on this, and his mother is following the money. (It is the mother who sued Nicholas for his inheritance from his father.) The same goes for the rest of the aunts.
Ghost

Small Member

Romania Romania

Ignore
« Reply #380 on: October 02, 2018, 07:36:53 AM »

double post
rosella
Banned
Banned
Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #381 on: October 02, 2018, 08:25:42 AM »

King Michael's mother in law was Princess Margaret of Denmark. His mother Elena was a Princess of Greece and Denmark. Cousins Prince Philip and Michael often played together as children. Philip is jalso Princess Margeretta's godfather.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 08:32:45 AM by rosella » Logged
Margaret

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #382 on: October 02, 2018, 09:06:42 AM »

More pics. Second dress. They look kinda sad/unconfortable. Maybe because his family(except his sister) didn't attend?
As for the tiara, he's no longer part of the succession line and I assume he can't afford to buy one.

I agree, the looks on the bridal couple's faces (his especially) aren't full of passion or happiness even imo.

At first I thought the tiara was part of the veil, but she wore it without the veil for the second dress so I guess it is a tiara. Just a very tiny tiara from the looks of it, something he might have been able to afford.

Well, they've actually been married for nearly a year, so I'm not surprised they aren't looking madly excited. 
Jonathan

Gigantic Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Life's hard being fabulous

Ignore
« Reply #383 on: October 02, 2018, 11:32:49 AM »

He was disinherited by his grandfather two years ago. After a brief story with a lady, a little girl was born. As the Romanian dinasty was tormented by an illegitimate child in the thirties, he was not to provoke another scandal. His aunt, Margaret, does not budge on this, and his mother is following the money. (It is the mother who sued Nicholas for his inheritance from his father.) The same goes for the rest of the aunts.

Was his mother successful?

Advice to my Brother on his wedding day

Never say

I know you do
I've had better
Did you say something
Ghost

Small Member

Romania Romania

Ignore
« Reply #384 on: October 02, 2018, 01:09:52 PM »

Was his mother successful?

I have no idea and I did not find anything. They (journalists) say that she sued Nicholas when he was a minor. His father died when he was sixteen, so, if it happened, it was really right after the death of Dr. Robin Medforth-Mills. She was the administrator, anyway, until the boy would have become major.

This article in Romanian is all I found:
https://evz.ro/acuzatii-p...cipesa-elena-nicolae.html
getafix

Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #385 on: October 02, 2018, 01:32:23 PM »

tak.

G Smiley

Yes. King Mihai, the last reigning king of Romania was related to everybody. His mother was a princess of Greece ( I think she was the aunt of Prince Philip), so she was also an aunt of Queen Sofia of Spain. His grandmother, Queen Marie of Romania, was a granddaughter of Queen Victoria. I have to find out how he was related to the Danes, because I know he was. Also, by King Carol, the first king of Romania, he was part of the Hohenzollern-Singmarinen family. His wife, never crowned Queen Anne, was a Bourbon-Parma. Such a presence at his funeral was also because he was the last European monarch to have reigned during WWII. And he was very loved and respected, I had the chance to meet him once, in 92. He was charismatic in a spartan way, I will never forget the man beyond the king. I also met Queen Anne once, she was lovely, also spartan, but in a softer way.

Ghost, many thx for all this info. much appreciate it  Yes Thumb up  Star

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
esther angeline

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #386 on: October 02, 2018, 02:09:21 PM »

Ghost  Star
genegal43

Huge Member

All I got was a Nancy Pearl Action Figure...

Ignore
« Reply #387 on: October 02, 2018, 04:15:05 PM »

Star  Thank you very much Ghost!  Your information is fantastic!

Genealogy: shrinking the world one person at a time!
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #388 on: October 02, 2018, 07:47:35 PM »

How completely ridiculous.  This is 2018.  The monarchy is no longer on the throne. There are far worse sins than having a child.  I could understand if he ran a cock-fighting ring like his aunt, or committed a crime, or was a child-abuser, but to disinherit someone over bringing a child into the world is completely stupid.
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #389 on: October 03, 2018, 12:26:23 AM »

How completely ridiculous.  This is 2018.  The monarchy is no longer on the throne. There are far worse sins than having a child.  I could understand if he ran a cock-fighting ring like his aunt, or committed a crime, or was a child-abuser, but to disinherit someone over bringing a child into the world is completely stupid.

Yes, that sounded really strange to me too. Maybe there’s another reason and that is a cover story? 
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 29   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: