Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 189   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wedding of Carl Phillip and Sofia Hellqvist, June 13th 2015  (Read 423787 times)
Siebenbürgen

Mini Member

Sweden Sweden

Ignore
« Reply #2535 on: June 20, 2015, 05:32:51 PM »

I'm sorry, I am truly not trying to spam the board with gifs but she is just SO REVOLTING.

"It's my wedding day and I'm marrying the love of my life! So let me dedicate a song to my true love, then rub my father-in-law's back!"

Thinking about Snakey's bad reputation in some circles and CG:s shady past with strippers and "kaffeflickor", makes it almost unbelievable that Snakey dares to behave like this on her wedding day...  Shocked

So many people who didn't celebrate their wedding day are just making fun of Snakeys and CG:s past together on nightclubs etc... I wouldn't even dare to touch him if I was her, but it seems like she doesn't  give a sh** about these rumours... At least she could have tried to show some respect when it comes to the image of the RF and the Swedish monarchy. But she doesn't even tries to behave with good manners even though she's becoming Princess of Sweden...  No
Can't believe this...  Crap
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #2536 on: June 20, 2015, 06:29:08 PM »

I have been a quiet reader on this forum for quite some time. I have to say I found the sofia bashing a bit over the top and I thought she seemed ok apart from her past, I really thought she had  changed for the better. But after watching this wedding I'm so convinced that you all were so right. I couldn't believe how cold towards carl philip she was. She really loves the camera and the attention. I have to say that I really do feel sorry for Carl Philip he really seems to be into her.

Welcome, Chiquita!  Star  People thought it was a bad omen that Carl Philip had a problem getting the ring on her finger, I think the bad omen was when he tried to hold her hand in the carriage and she pulled it away to do a princess wave. When Sofia was in NYC, she wasn't very discrete about her intentions to steal Carl Philip away from his long-time girlfriend and become a princess.  I hope for Carl Philip's sake, Sofia fell in love with more than just the title somewhere along the way.

Another prince had a bit of trouble getting the ring on his bride's finger too. You might have to wait(y) a few minutes while I think of who it was...  Thinking

Wax and Max Champagne
royalsareajoke

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #2537 on: June 20, 2015, 06:49:03 PM »

I'm sorry, I am truly not trying to spam the board with gifs but she is just SO REVOLTING.

"It's my wedding day and I'm marrying the love of my life! So let me dedicate a song to my true love, then rub my father-in-law's back!"

Oh please please please keep those gifs coming.....I have heard so many things about this fiasco/sham/disaster/ and hate trying to find these telling moments by scrolling thru the entire video...it's ridiculous from beginning to end of course but these gifs are highlighting more and more....still haven't found the one ***hint hint*** spoken of where during the carriage ride she pulls her hand away from him/his to do her 'royal wave'......anyway....if the mods don't object please keep them coming.... Drool   For the love of God who rubs someone else's back and a king no less while singing to their 'partner/mate forever and ever as long as the money holds out and said partner doesn't get shoved out of the running to be a king'....and the one where he kissed her and she gave a nod.....OMG....she appears to think that he was granted a high honor.... Dead Dead  Now that's a moment I would have missed.....she thinks that she's above him and he should be ever so grateful that she deigned to marry him.....to slither down the aisle at her convenience....on her terms...she's beyond arrogant....she's beyond entitled.....she's   Dead Clown Clown Clown  I hope that she gets what she deserves  Spiteful  To be a running joke and a source of humor....and that her past (had she renounced it...done something with her life with clothes on then it could be regarded as her past).....is splashed all over the papers in every language....and I absolutely hope that no children are born to this greaseball and sleaze.....the children would be innocent but they would maybe also serve as a ticket to snakey's inclusion in events involving other children and all kinds of opportunities to slither in....JMO  

ETA:  Who is Barbro.....I've googled and can't make the connection.....another question.....if the king so adores and pampers his only son why ....just WHY did he allow this to happen....waiting for the reality of marriage to slap CP in the chops....to have him realize that she may not love him....I said may not to protect myself.....that she has what she was after....the title.....someone else said that she had better not upset the dude because papa will not take kindly to his little boy being upset....for God's sake was the king oblivious to the fact that in approving this 'marriage' he was setting his son up for ridicule at the very least?? I did read and take note of.....CP would NOT sacrifice his status/title/wealth for 'this woman'...... Thinking  Not so sure that CP is as in love willing to give up everything for the woman he adores ....'sup with that....any ideas....Huh?
I tend to run on and on.... Blush Blush Blush   but when one hits a goldmine of information one tends to  Drool  This one does anyway..... Blush Blush Blush
« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 07:00:45 PM by royalsareajoke » Logged

Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.
Arturo94

Huge Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #2538 on: June 20, 2015, 06:52:00 PM »

Queen Barbara

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #2539 on: June 20, 2015, 07:28:57 PM »

Father-in-law is included  Wink
Queen Barbara

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #2540 on: June 20, 2015, 07:32:21 PM »

I have been a quiet reader on this forum for quite some time. I have to say I found the sofia bashing a bit over the top and I thought she seemed ok apart from her past, I really thought she had  changed for the better. But after watching this wedding I'm so convinced that you all were so right. I couldn't believe how cold towards carl philip she was. She really loves the camera and the attention. I have to say that I really do feel sorry for Carl Philip he really seems to be into her.
welcome on board chiquitita Champagne Beer
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #2541 on: June 20, 2015, 07:51:39 PM »

ETA:  Who is Barbro.....I've googled and can't make the connection.....

Barbo is the hoe's madam.....or more politely expressed, her mentor. She taught Skanky everything she needs to know to snag a prince. She mentors young women

Here is Barbro Ehnbom and Sofia Hellqvist in Bċstad 8th July 2008. That's when according to press reports Carl Philip met Sofia for the first time.

She has a sister who looks almost the same, and as Ambassador to Australia and now president of the "Association for Swedes Worldwide".
Do me that the sisters are children of diplomats and grew up in Asia. According to gossib, Barbo has children together with financier and multimillionaire Victor Forss. Her son with Victor Forss was allegedly conceived under a coffee table, in the during a cocktail party in New York by the two seriously drunk expectant parents.

She wants to make young women successful

Once received Barbro Ehnbom yourself the chance to go to the US on a scholarship for three months - which was more than 30 years. Today it is she who sends talented female business students across the Atlantic. The goal is more women to the industry top.

Barbro Ehnboms scholarship to get more women into the business world. For over 30 years ago, she went to the US on a three-month scholarship. Now it's her own fund opens for young girls to improve their knowledge of business knowledge through a one-year paid internship in the country in the west. - This scholarship is like nothing else, says Barbro Ehnbom.

Barbro Ehnboms scholarship to get more women into the business world. For over 30 years ago, she went to the US on a three-month scholarship. Now it's her own fund opens for young girls to improve their knowledge of business knowledge through a one-year paid internship in the country in the west.

- This scholarship is like nothing else, says Barbro Ehnbom.

After 20 years in the Swedish and American business top layer has Barbro Ehnbom succeeded in establishing a network of contacts out of the ordinary. Both Peter Wallenberg, Anders Wall and His Dahlborg Kerstin Dellert and Sven-Bertil Taube. At home in the bookcase in Manhattan, New York is the actor Sean Connery holding newborn son Marcus in her arms. The father is the Swedish financier and multimillionaire Victor Forss.

There are friends, or Barbro's Friends as they are called formal, which contributed a large part of the scholarship fund money. It amounts to about two million. The winner will get to do a year's paid internship at the pharmaceutical company Pfizer headquarters in New York.

When the economy around her scholarship, Female Economist of the Year, will be speaking winds herself like a worm on a fishhook. She reiterates that the fellow will be richly compensated and mean paid.

- Paid sounds so feeble. This scholarship is like nothing else, it gives so much more, in the form of networking and mentoring. You Swedes are so fixated on money and age, says Barbro Ehnbom.

Pfizer provides 100,000 dollars, except earnings also cover the rent for the New York apartment and a car. She hymlar not to Pfizer also makes good business sense in terms of good publicity. But her commitment to young women seem genuine. Her own experiences as a young woman in New York's male-dominated financial district has left its mark.

- Never ever I met one woman among the leaders of the major Swedish companies. And being a woman alone is special. I do not pretend that I was the victim of sexual harassment, but the situations still arose, I could never discuss with anyone.

She sets up personally as a mentor to the young fellows. She want their careers to become "a smoother ride." She describes itself as rather naive.

- If you think all the guys are even friends the first ten years, you discover after another ten years to become the mediocre boys' assistant. It has also begun to take care of their errant teenagers and
aging parents.

It struck her how much more purposeful and thoughtful today's young career women. The talented girls she had met since she started handing out the scholarship for four years ago has clear plans for their lives and require clear information about, for example, his employment relationship.
Barbro Ehnbom was the more life's caprice that ruled. If she had not been left in the United States she had wanted to be prossor in Law, with a focus on business ethics. On Wall Street, she has seen the industry more tasteless face.
Long working in a fast pace was nothing that Barbro Ehnbom reflected over the first 10-15 years of their careers. She started a family late and had her first child when she was 37 years old.

- Two days after giving birth, I was sitting in the office again, with running chest and cried. It was so successful businesswoman would do, working 14 hours a day, taking care of the husband and children while being beautiful and glamorous. All encouraged me to it; they had gone on my own promotional image of myself.

- You should have a great passion at the side of the job, preferably several, I love music. It's very easy to get too involved in the job.

she was there at the wedding bann's

and the wedding itself

« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 08:06:29 PM by PeDe » Logged

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #2542 on: June 20, 2015, 07:53:59 PM »

Skank at the wedding banns

royalsareajoke

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #2543 on: June 20, 2015, 07:58:26 PM »

^^^^  Thanks PeDe.....and OMG.... Nerves    

For you a  Star   I wanted to put distance between this and that ^

Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.
Lola Heart

Warned
Large Member

temi's biggest fan!

Ignore
« Reply #2544 on: June 20, 2015, 08:13:20 PM »

Dishers do any one  of you find it strange they didn't feed each other with the cake? It seems like cp wanted to attempt it but snakey went ahead and feed herself. Feeding the cake to each other it also a little love gesture that is performed at wedding between the groom and bride. I am not even talking about feeding each other with mouth that some folks does but using the fork which is done in a tasteful manner. Didn't Vic and Dan did that?  I find that strange and I am not going to say she is shy because we all know s he is not shy for the camera.

Feeding each other cake really isn't a Swedish tradition. I think it's an American thing and has been seen as a bit vulgar in Sweden. Just like kissing in church.
My cousin who got married a few years ago did both and my grandmother dryly commented: "We're not Americans."

We did neither when we got married. No kissing in church, no feeding cake, no clinking glasses or wrapping the arms around to drink champagne. That was just never included in marriages when I grew up, although I know that it is common now. Brides have been watching too many Hollywood movies and obviously don't give a hoot about Swedish traditions.

I'm sad to read that some American traditions are seen as "vulgar" in Sweden. The feeding cake thing is actually lovely symbolism to represent the bride and groom taking care of each other during the marriage. (Now, I am not talking about the smashing cake in each others' faces in "fun". That is seen as vulgar even in the U.S.  Dead)

I don't think the traditions listed are vulgar, just different. And I do feel some sadness that Swedish traditions are being replaced by American/Hollywood traditions that have no meaning in a Swedish wedding.

Not attacking or arguing with you, Desideria. I found your post interesting and it's good to know what is or is not a Swedish wedding tradition to put the actions of the Gruesome Twosome into some perspective.  Smiley

Pretty much all wedding traditions stem from old superstitions and many symbolize rituals that most brides today would find vulgar if they knew the true origins.  The wedding cake originates from the ancient Roman custom of breaking bread over the bride's head to symbolize the breaking of her hymen by the groom and the groom's dominance over the bride. The modern ritual of the groom and bride cutting the cake is a custom that was born from practicality.  It was the bride's job to cut and serve the cake or pie for the guests as a good little wife and hostess, it was tied to a superstition that doing so would ensure the bride's fertility.  However as weddings grew larger and cakes evolved into what is the now modern cake which made its debut at the 1882 wedding of Prince Leopold, the Duke of Albany, the groom had to be brought in to help cut the cake since brides found cutting through multi-tiered densely frosted cakes to be too challenging given that their internal organs were rearranged and breathing was inhibited by the fashionable corsets of the day.  Eventually in the US, the tradition emerged of the bride and groom feeding each other, the symbolism of providing for each other was most likely born from the struggles of the Great Depression.  The smashing of the cake I can only assume is the influence of the Three Stooges and should never ever be done at a wedding, slapstick is the lowest form of comedy.

Sweden's wedding traditions of today are some of the most evolved, they've ditched the Swedish tradition of carrying stinky bouquets to ward off trolls and they don't do the property exchange tradition of the bride's father walking her down the aisle, so for the Swedish Royal Family to incorporate it in recent years is baffling to me.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 08:35:19 PM by Lola Heart » Logged

More royal musings can be found at www.lovelolaheart.com
Desideria

Medium Member

Sweden Sweden

Ignore
« Reply #2545 on: June 20, 2015, 08:35:11 PM »

Dishers do any one  of you find it strange they didn't feed each other with the cake? It seems like cp wanted to attempt it but snakey went ahead and feed herself. Feeding the cake to each other it also a little love gesture that is performed at wedding between the groom and bride. I am not even talking about feeding each other with mouth that some folks does but using the fork which is done in a tasteful manner. Didn't Vic and Dan did that?  I find that strange and I am not going to say she is shy because we all know s he is not shy for the camera.

Feeding each other cake really isn't a Swedish tradition. I think it's an American thing and has been seen as a bit vulgar in Sweden. Just like kissing in church.
My cousin who got married a few years ago did both and my grandmother dryly commented: "We're not Americans."

We did neither when we got married. No kissing in church, no feeding cake, no clinking glasses or wrapping the arms around to drink champagne. That was just never included in marriages when I grew up, although I know that it is common now. Brides have been watching too many Hollywood movies and obviously don't give a hoot about Swedish traditions.

I'm sad to read that some American traditions are seen as "vulgar" in Sweden. The feeding cake thing is actually lovely symbolism to represent the bride and groom taking care of each other during the marriage. (Now, I am not talking about the smashing cake in each others' faces in "fun". That is seen as vulgar even in the U.S.  Dead)

I don't think the traditions listed are vulgar, just different. And I do feel some sadness that Swedish traditions are being replaced by American/Hollywood traditions that have no meaning in a Swedish wedding.

Not attacking or arguing with you, Desideria. I found your post interesting and it's good to know what is or is not a Swedish wedding tradition to put the actions of the Gruesome Twosome into some perspective.  Smiley

I want to clarify that I don't think that Swedes care what Americans do at American weddings. You have your traditions and we have ours and I am sure that both cultures have elements that are seen as really odd by foreigners.

Importing foreign traditions that has no root or connections whatsoever in our country just because somebody have seen it in a Hollywood movie is seen as vulgar. (Or was I should say, today when we're living in a global society where ethnicities interact a lot more, it's different and pretty much anthing goes.)
But since the RF stands for everything that is traditional (well, they used to), I was rather surprised that Vic and Dan chose to feed each other cake and not just take a bite from the same piece. That was a new thing.

I had no idea that it represent the bride and groom taking care of each other during the marriage, that's lovely. Smiley

stella

Baby Member

Montserrat Montserrat

Ignore
« Reply #2546 on: June 20, 2015, 08:38:20 PM »

Hi everyone and thanks for posting the after wedding party pics!  I left the board after 8 hours of wedding ans wondered what it would be like.  It didn't disappoint thanks to you guys  Icecream
Desideria

Medium Member

Sweden Sweden

Ignore
« Reply #2547 on: June 20, 2015, 08:42:26 PM »

Dishers do any one  of you find it strange they didn't feed each other with the cake? It seems like cp wanted to attempt it but snakey went ahead and feed herself. Feeding the cake to each other it also a little love gesture that is performed at wedding between the groom and bride. I am not even talking about feeding each other with mouth that some folks does but using the fork which is done in a tasteful manner. Didn't Vic and Dan did that?  I find that strange and I am not going to say she is shy because we all know s he is not shy for the camera.

I'm sad to read that some American traditions are seen as "vulgar" in Sweden. The feeding cake thing is actually lovely symbolism to represent the bride and groom taking care of each other during the marriage. (Now, I am not talking about the smashing cake in each others' faces in "fun". That is seen as vulgar even in the U.S.  Dead)

Not attacking or arguing with you, Desideria. I found your post interesting and it's good to know what is or is not a Swedish wedding tradition to put the actions of the Gruesome Twosome into some perspective.  Smiley

Pretty much all wedding traditions stem from old superstitions and many symbolize rituals that most brides today would find vulgar if they knew the true origins.  The wedding cake originates from the ancient Roman custom of breaking bread over the bride's head to symbolize the breaking of her hymen by the groom and the groom's dominance over the bride. The modern ritual of the groom and bride cutting the cake is a custom that was born from practicality.  It was the bride's job to cut and serve the cake or pie for the guests as a good little wife and hostess, it was tied to a superstition that doing so would ensure the bride's fertility.  However as weddings grew larger and cakes evolved into what is the now modern cake which made its debut at the 1882 wedding of Prince Leopold, the Duke of Albany, the groom had to be brought in to help cut the cake since brides found cutting through multi-tiered densely frosted cakes to be too challenging given that their internal organs were rearranged and breathing was inhibited by the fashionable corsets of the day.  Eventually in the US, the tradition emerged of the bride and groom feeding each other, the symbolism of providing for each other was most likely born from the struggles of the Great Depression.  The smashing of the cake I can only assume is the influence of the Three Stooges and should never ever be done at a wedding, slapstick is the lowest form of comedy.

Sweden's wedding traditions of today are some of the most evolved, they've ditched the Swedish tradition of carrying stinky bouquets to ward off trolls and they don't do the property exchange tradition of the bride's father walking her down the aisle, so for the Swedish Royal Family to incorporate it in recent years is baffling to me.

It is and it's not really a tradition that is "cute" to incorporate today, since it comes from "property exchange". So this generation of royals have incorporated the dad giving away the bride, feeding each other cake and lots of pop music in church. I would give Madeleine a pass since she married an American but the rest of them... just no.
I guess that the next generations of Bernadottes will do the "fun" entrance where the whole bridal party will cartwheel into the church and the groom will place a bet with his friends regarding how many seconds he will wait before answering "I do".
Suzerain
Banned
Warned
Humongous Member

Heard Island and McDonald Islands Heard Island and McDonald Islands

Did you know some snakes have retractable fangs?

Ignore
« Reply #2548 on: June 20, 2015, 08:54:22 PM »

Well, if you think about Scandinavian and Nordic wedding traditions, the wedding should not be held in a church at all. Even in the Middle Ages (when the Christian church had already managed to convert people) some people resented seeing priests meddling in weddings and stated that the clerics should keep their noses out of things that had nothing to do with them like marriage for instance. Marriage and a wedding was seen as purely a secular arrangement between two families. Not even virginity was a necessary thing. If the groom was happy and the families had agreed on the marriage, why would some priest have a say in anything. Better to stay out of it so the couple could be put to bed and the drinking and general merriment could go on undisturbed.

What defines a tradition anyway? How long must something be repeated in order for it to become a "tradition"?

Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #2549 on: June 20, 2015, 09:21:16 PM »

Well, if you think about Scandinavian and Nordic wedding traditions, the wedding should not be held in a church at all. Even in the Middle Ages (when the Christian church had already managed to convert people) some people resented seeing priests meddling in weddings and stated that the clerics should keep their noses out of things that had nothing to do with them like marriage for instance. Marriage and a wedding was seen as purely a secular arrangement between two families. Not even virginity was a necessary thing. If the groom was happy and the families had agreed on the marriage, why would some priest have a say in anything. Better to stay out of it so the couple could be put to bed and the drinking and general merriment could go on undisturbed.

What defines a tradition anyway? How long must something be repeated in order for it to become a "tradition"?

It's pretty clear we're discussing Christian wedding traditions. Scandinavia has been Christian for a good while so yeah. Those traditions are Scandinavian.
Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 189   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: