Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 22   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sofia's jewellery  (Read 70566 times)
Lady Willoughby

Big Member

United States United States

Circa Regna Tonat

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: December 09, 2016, 12:36:58 AM »

Wow! All hail Silvia, Queen of Shade! That is awesome about the origins of the "doublemint tiara"

cordtx

Warned
Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: December 09, 2016, 01:19:44 AM »

Wow! All hail Silvia, Queen of Shade! That is awesome about the origins of the "doublemint tiara"

Was thinking the same thing, wonder if she was giving some classic shade??
 Star
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: December 09, 2016, 03:37:01 AM »

It was a good decision for everyone  IMO.

Silvia got rid of a necklace she didn't like and maybe didn't even wear. And yet it remains a gift from a Queen to her new commoner daughter-in-law  Icecream

Not much money was spent on it being dismantled and it still cost much less than if they have bought a new tiara for the snake.

And Sofia got a present from the royal family.  Lolipop

Excellent points, Elissa  Star

I also can't help but note the irony that it came from Thailand-the same place where the Snake took inappropriate photos as an underaged teen (with the blessing of her disgusting parents). 

Well played, Silvia.   Thumb up
]

Laugh bounce Laughing Star Pixie!

Beer Star
bumbershoot

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: December 09, 2016, 06:45:04 PM »

Aha, it makes sense that the origin of the tiara is Thailand. Every time I've seen it pictured, there was something about it that was not European. I couldn't put my finger on it exactly -- maybe the cut of the emeralds? -- but I knew it didn't come from a continental atelier.

To me, it doesn't seem disrespectful to the original giver that the tiara was made from a necklace originally given to the queen. Certainly that's the kind of thing the British royals have done over the years, reshaping and reconfiguring and regifting jewelry.  And in any case, perhaps the necklace wasn't intended as much as a personal gift to the queen as it was a gift to Sweden's royal family, if that makes any sense.
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: December 09, 2016, 06:58:29 PM »

Aha, it makes sense that the origin of the tiara is Thailand. Every time I've seen it pictured, there was something about it that was not European. I couldn't put my finger on it exactly -- maybe the cut of the emeralds? -- but I knew it didn't come from a continental atelier.

To me, it doesn't seem disrespectful to the original giver that the tiara was made from a necklace originally given to the queen. Certainly that's the kind of thing the British royals have done over the years, reshaping and reconfiguring and regifting jewelry.  And in any case, perhaps the necklace wasn't intended as much as a personal gift to the queen as it was a gift to Sweden's royal family, if that makes any sense.

Well, the British royals are also inappropriate if they're re gifting things.  Clearly they know nothing of etiquette and respect. If this was a gift to the royal family as a whole, then it needed to stay in its given form. 

However, it's ugly as can be, so it seems perfect for her. 
editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: December 09, 2016, 07:00:36 PM »

Thumb up Supercontent

(Of course, the snake's adolescent sugars are probably all squeeing that this shows how much Silvia looooooooves her dear DIL) Snare
Sondra Finchley

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: December 10, 2016, 10:43:43 AM »

I just came on here to share in the joy of the Gift of Shade provided by this news. Man, what a play - WHAT a PLAY. Mamma knows best I guess - those jewels leave the family in a divorce its no big loss because they were not being used anyway AND I am guessing it would be part of the payment to her as a divorce settlement. I believe the prenup said something about her keeping all jewels and property acquired before the marriage? Is that right? They really learned from the DRF on this one.

AND it keeps her paws off the family vault because "well, you have your own". And yet the cover story can be that it was welcoming her to the family that QS so graciously reworked some of her own jewels blah blah blah. Amazing - the SRF women are really holding this together to wait out the mistakes of the father and son.
Ostermalmstanten

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: December 10, 2016, 10:54:15 AM »

I hope it was a personal gift to Silvia and not to the Royal family. If it was to the royal family/Sweden I don't think it's appropriate to give it as a personal gift to their DIL, as the next owner (Alexander, a sister or a granddaughter of Sofia) will be the last owner who even belongs to the royal family.

I wonder if they gave Daniel and Chris anything as expensive as a diamond tiara at their wedding days. Or perhaps they knew that Daniel and Chris were more interested in the women they married than titles, jewelry and money...
ralf103

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: December 10, 2016, 11:06:59 AM »

I love this news. The tiara is IMO a perfect representation of Sofia. Something unattractive with links to Thailand is sent to be remade and refined to look more royal and significant and yet still falls short of achieving anything remotely royal or respectable.

Like most others, I'm just glad no money was spent on her tiara (Again like Sofia - cheap) and no significant family jewels were compromised to make/gift it.
Lady Adelaide

Gigantic Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: December 22, 2016, 02:20:09 PM »

New earrings from Ebba Brahe, and quite pricey too! 26.000 SEK (about $2,800!)

Cecilia

Big Member

Sweden Sweden

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: December 22, 2016, 02:36:06 PM »

Oh, how gross those warts are!!  Yikes

I am suprised that Silvia with her knowlege of tiaras made such a horrible choice for Sofia! It is so ugly!
Tatini

Huge Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: December 22, 2016, 03:20:30 PM »

Those earrings are money down the drain, imo they are really ugly
Antevorta

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: December 22, 2016, 03:28:47 PM »

New earrings from Ebba Brahe, and quite pricey too! 26.000 SEK (about $2,800!)

$2,800 for those earrings?!  Are you kidding?  Those are the ugliest earrings I have seen in awhile.  'Ol Sof needs fashion help ASAP - maybe Vic's stylist will take her on while she's helping CP.  If I'm going to be forced to look at her while she's "representing Sweden", I'd like it to not be appalling for a change.
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #283 on: December 22, 2016, 03:55:13 PM »

Oh, how gross those warts are!!  Yikes

I am suprised that Silvia with her knowlege of tiaras made such a horrible choice for Sofia! It is so ugly!

The warts are in stiff competition with her chin concerning ugliness

Silvia giving this to Sofia shows she can be quite mean. Not that I don't understand her but I wouldn't want to be on unfriendly terms with her..
Cecilia

Big Member

Sweden Sweden

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: December 22, 2016, 06:33:58 PM »

If it is true Sofia was giving this horror of tiaras on her weddingday, it is really cruel. Imagine being suprised with a tin foil barbie tiara that you are forced to wear on your wedding day...how do you say no..But on the other hand, Sofia is probably used to get expensive gifts from sugardads that she cant change.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 22   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: