Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 30   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sofia's jewellery  (Read 171377 times)
Antevorta

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: June 19, 2015, 03:23:43 PM »

The Royal Order of Splendor is dishing about Sofia's tiara:

http://orderofsplendor.blogspot.com/

All they got on the tiara is that's it's designed in the Art Deco style and it's a gift from CG & Silvia.  They're not sure if it's an estate piece or brand new; and that gives me pause.  Art Deco style can be replicated, from the cheapest costume jewelry line to a skilled jeweler.  Since Art Deco got its start in the 1920's it can give a piece of jewelry a sense of history.

Here's an art deco inspired tiara that's fake:

Yes it's looks beauty pageant.

Even if the tiara has real stones Sofia was short changed because her tiara doesn't break into multiple pieces.  Here's Sofia's tiara:

Here's Stephanie of Luxemburg's tiara, a wedding gift from her parents:

Here's an Art Deco tiara:

And I bet if Sofia knew she was getting an emerald and diamond tiara as a wedding gift, she would have opted for these:

Dollar bet Sofia has her wedding tiara appraised.

Just playing Devil's Advocate here:  Shouldn't the tiara be appraised for insurance purposes?  I mean, Princess Christina had her personal tiara stolen from the safe in her home and then it was thrown in the river.  Since this one is Sofia's personal tiara and not part of the foundation, I would assume she would keep it somewhere in their home maybe?  This would run the risk of it being stolen.
masha
Banned
Banned
Small Member

United States United States

https://images.search.yahoo.com/images/view;_ylt=A

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: June 19, 2015, 03:56:54 PM »

Is this now the only emerald tiara in the SRF vault?
Fairywings
Banned
Banned
Large Member

Canada Canada

Seeking higher advice on how to exercise snakes

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: June 19, 2015, 04:20:54 PM »

Yes  Thumb up The royal family's only other emeralds are the demi parure but there is no tiara in the set

AFAIK the last emerald tiara in the royal family was Queen Josephine's emerald tiara (one of many pieces that came from her like the Cameo and Leuchtenberg),

It passed from Queen Sofia to her DIL Princess Ingeborg of Denmark, wife of her third son Carl, and not to Victoria of Baden, the wife of her eldest son Gustav V. Ingeborg in turn gave it to her daughter Martha, who would later marry King Olav of Norway (he was CP at the time, she died before he took the throne).

The tiara is now worn, like the Leuchtenberg diamonds, by the queen only.   Thumb up Before Harald married, his sisters wore it as they were the senior ladies at court when their mother died, but not since.

masha
Banned
Banned
Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: June 19, 2015, 04:38:54 PM »

Thank you Fairywings, very interesting Star
Shreeky

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: June 19, 2015, 04:46:56 PM »

Yes  Thumb up The royal family's only other emeralds are the demi parure but there is no tiara in the set

Do you think might wear it  with her funny tiara?
 I read that Queen wears it quite often & Vic wore it at the  Nobel Prize Awards Ceremony in 2012
Tatini

Gigantic Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: June 19, 2015, 05:03:41 PM »

I don't think the snake is likely to wear the emerald set in the near future. It's been worn by the queen and by the crown princess and it should remain in their use only. It's way too lavish for a former soft core p**n model, imo.
Fairywings
Banned
Banned
Large Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: June 19, 2015, 05:17:58 PM »

Even if the queen offers it to her  Cry Sofia should run the other way. The emeralds are huge and such amazing quality, they would make her tiara look even more cheap/pathetic then it already does 
masha
Banned
Banned
Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: June 19, 2015, 05:20:37 PM »

Sorry if this has been posted before, interesting tidbit about how to wear a tiara by Andrew Prince

"And as for everyone wanting to wear a tiara, if only for a day, then Prince has three simple rules.

1. “Make sure it’s not uncomfortable. If it is a round band, very circular, it is going to pinch like crazy, it is going to dig in like crazy at the front and the sides. It should be oval. No one’s head is round.”

2. “See the way the tiara is angled. If you put it flat on a table, the tiara should be leaning forward, not at a right angle. When you put the tiara on, because you’re angling it to go around your face, the front has to lean forward to sit upright”

3. As for seating a tiara for maximum attractiveness, Prince has a law of proportions: “Put your thumb on your chin, and the index finger on the bridge of your nose, between your eyebrows. Take that measurement, and put your thumb where your index finger was. Where your finger now touches your head should be where the base of the tiara is, because it makes your eyes the centre of your face.”

And please, do not wear it flat to the head like an Alice band—that drives him crazy, since it gives the ceiling a lovely view of the piece, while denying that pleasure to everyone else at the event."
Suzerain
Banned
Warned
Humongous Member

Heard Island and McDonald Islands Heard Island and McDonald Islands

Did you know some snakes have retractable fangs?

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: June 19, 2015, 05:42:55 PM »

Sorry if this has been posted before, interesting tidbit about how to wear a tiara by Andrew Prince

"And as for everyone wanting to wear a tiara, if only for a day, then Prince has three simple rules.

1. “Make sure it’s not uncomfortable. If it is a round band, very circular, it is going to pinch like crazy, it is going to dig in like crazy at the front and the sides. It should be oval. No one’s head is round.”

2. “See the way the tiara is angled. If you put it flat on a table, the tiara should be leaning forward, not at a right angle. When you put the tiara on, because you’re angling it to go around your face, the front has to lean forward to sit upright”

3. As for seating a tiara for maximum attractiveness, Prince has a law of proportions: “Put your thumb on your chin, and the index finger on the bridge of your nose, between your eyebrows. Take that measurement, and put your thumb where your index finger was. Where your finger now touches your head should be where the base of the tiara is, because it makes your eyes the centre of your face.”

And please, do not wear it flat to the head like an Alice band—that drives him crazy, since it gives the ceiling a lovely view of the piece, while denying that pleasure to everyone else at the event."

The jewellery Andrew Prince creates is exquisite and he's such a gentleman with a vast knowledge on various topics. Smiley

I also love this quote from him: "Tiaras are the most useless and the most fantastic. You can wear one anywhere today. Even gardening."  

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: June 19, 2015, 06:38:14 PM »

Look at this photo:

It looks like the emeralds have a double setting. Why would that be unless the emeralds with their backing (and possibly a longer prong behind the "christmas tree" design) were removable leaving a similarly shaped setting on top of the "Christmas tree" to wait for another teardrop shaped stone to be snapped into the setting? Hard to explain but why would they do a double backed setting for those stones if they weren't removable? It's not like the double bottom can be seen very easily so it cannot be because of looks. Why would the stones need to be reinforced if the designs under them do not? Also, the emeralds are not in line with the rest of the tiara, they're actually further onward than the rest of the tiara like they were added later.

I don't think they are removable, despite double setting. Look how Yrma's tiara is constructed and the elements are held up by little rods and prongs. Skanky's looks different to me

Fairywings
Banned
Banned
Large Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: June 19, 2015, 06:58:21 PM »

The jewellery Andrew Prince creates is exquisite and he's such a gentleman with a vast knowledge on various topics. Smiley

I also love this quote from him: "Tiaras are the most useless and the most fantastic. You can wear one anywhere today. Even gardening."  

I had to look up his website, totally agree, his pieces are beautiful  Champagne

Gardening  Thinking Maybe why Sofia's is an attempt to look like evergreens, she wants another excuse to wear it  Roll Eyes

Sorry Maria for posting the costume jewelry  Blush
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 08:36:52 PM by Fairywings » Logged
masha
Banned
Banned
Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: June 19, 2015, 07:31:24 PM »

Gorgeous, is this costume jewelry?  Did you check out the prices?
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #72 on: June 19, 2015, 07:31:43 PM »

STOP posting pics of tacky jewels for Sofia. The topic here are the jewels she actually HAS.
Suzerain
Banned
Warned
Humongous Member

Heard Island and McDonald Islands Heard Island and McDonald Islands

Did you know some snakes have retractable fangs?

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: June 19, 2015, 11:21:14 PM »

STOP posting pics of tacky jewels for Sofia. The topic here are the jewels she actually HAS.

What tacky jewels?! Where? By who?  Shocked Huh?

I'm assuming by someone other than AP, actually I'm sure it has to be someone else because his jewellery IMO is not tacky! Or then Victoria's Napoleonic Cut Steel tiara is also tacky costume jewellery. If I recall right AP also occasionally makes copies of real crown jewels and heirloom jewellery for royals when requested when they don't want to wear the real things so the stuff you see on royals might just as well be tacky jewels.

Looks like I'm missing stuff posted here.  Thinking

But whatever, back to the original topic.

I kinda like the rose quartz earrings...  Secret

Bigger pic: http://blogg.tv2.no/konge...905541-e1378045226268.jpg
« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 12:29:36 AM by Suzerain » Logged

seeingstars85

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: June 19, 2015, 11:46:19 PM »

i actually like the dress too for once she looked decent! 

Selena 1971-1995
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 30   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: