Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sofia - Formal Gowns  (Read 137834 times)
SvenskaSarah

Big Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #435 on: December 12, 2019, 01:31:49 AM »

Sof is wearing a bespoke Ida Lanto gown.

Her dress is not my cup of tea but it is a very pretty dress. 

I'm also wondering if Sof prefers to wear her tiara over any of the others in the vault.  Wouldn't that be shocking?

I am starting to think that she prefers her own tiara, too. She has been given the chance of wearing others (especially the amethyst) in the past so I do not understand why they would prevent her now. Moreover, she wears brooches, bracelets and other jewels from the royal vault.
About the dress...I am the only one who think it may look better without the see-through sleeves?  Thinking

I was thinking the same thing about the sleeves. I like her dress but wish it didn't have the sleeves. I also wish she would do something different with her hair. She would look bettter with the hair off of her face.

Perhaps Sofia isn't used to the weight of tiaras? The amethyst and even the six Button tiara look heavy. Maybe she's trying to avoid public embarrassment by not being able to hold her head or wear a tiara for long periods?
Eve

Large Member

Estonia Estonia

Ignore
« Reply #436 on: December 12, 2019, 09:54:33 AM »

I'd like to see Madde in the cameo, just once to see what it looks like on her. We wasn't expecting to see her in the aquamarines but that seems one of her go-tos now. Fingers crossed!

Oh, me too. But I fear this won't ever happen as her wedding day would have been the place to wear it but she wore the modern fringe instead and not the Cameo. Even the Queen very rarely wears it and Victoria has only worn it one, on her wedding day. But fingers crossed that this day will come!

Sorry but Sofia's dress look like a cheaper copy of Madeleine's dress. She can copy her but she's just a cheap copy of Maddie!
M's dress had right length of sleeves, whereas S's sleeves look unnecessarily long. M's dress had flowy wider skirt part, that looked very lovely and princess'y. Not so on S's dress. Also not sure if I like the flower application on S's crotch! Overall not a bad look on Sofia but Madeleine definitely won the gold!
« Last Edit: December 12, 2019, 10:01:01 AM by Eve » Logged
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #437 on: December 16, 2019, 05:50:24 PM »

Emelie Janrell talked about designing Sofia's Nobel gown

https://www.expressen.se/...hon-sofias-nobelklanning/

She was contacted by Sofia's stylist about making a dress for her. Sofia had received turquoises for her tiara and wanted a modern and pretty gown in a matching colour. They met six times at the Royal Palace. She said Sofia was easy to work with, and it took her about a month to make the gown.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #438 on: January 27, 2020, 11:57:58 PM »

I just stumbled upon this 2018 outfit of Sofia again and can still look and yet again think WHY!?

Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #439 on: November 25, 2021, 07:57:38 PM »

Safiyaa White Heliconia Stretch-crÍpe Gown

karma chamelion

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #440 on: November 25, 2021, 08:04:37 PM »

Safiyaa White Heliconia Stretch-crÍpe Gown

Stretch crepe, that's classy. She looks like she's wrapped in white fondant.

anneboleyn

Warned
Big Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #441 on: November 25, 2021, 09:01:51 PM »

She looks gorgeous. For having a baby less than a year ago, I think she looks so good.

ďAnd she will keep coming back to life, over and over again, because beneath the skin of this gentle human lives a warrior unstoppable.Ē - Annabelle M. Ramos
SvenskaSarah

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #442 on: November 25, 2021, 10:06:50 PM »

What is the weird square panel over her stomach area?

I must admit I do like the dress, and I agree, for saying she had a baby earlier this year, she seems in great shape. Yoga must really work (I'm too embarrassed to attend a class!)
anneboleyn

Warned
Big Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #443 on: November 25, 2021, 10:19:59 PM »

I must admit I do like the dress, and I agree, for saying she had a baby earlier this year, she seems in great shape. Yoga must really work (I'm too embarrassed to attend a class!)

It's probably a tummy control panel inside the dress.

ďAnd she will keep coming back to life, over and over again, because beneath the skin of this gentle human lives a warrior unstoppable.Ē - Annabelle M. Ramos
thecrownjewelthief

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #444 on: November 26, 2021, 01:16:05 AM »

OT but there are tons of great yoga videos to get you started on YouTube if you want to try some before going to a class! Yoga with Adrienne is a very popular instructor and has tons of videos for all levels. Classes are fun too and I think most people are way more focused on themselves than you, plus instructors can be really helpful!
getafix

Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #445 on: November 26, 2021, 03:49:24 AM »

]

Stretch crepe, that's classy. She looks like she's wrapped in white fondant.

[/quote]

ITA! Smiley

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
SvenskaSarah

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #446 on: November 26, 2021, 05:45:37 PM »

OT but there are tons of great yoga videos to get you started on YouTube if you want to try some before going to a class! Yoga with Adrienne is a very popular instructor and has tons of videos for all levels. Classes are fun too and I think most people are way more focused on themselves than you, plus instructors can be really helpful!

Thank you! I shall look those suggestions up  Hug
Emac0914

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #447 on: November 27, 2021, 11:12:22 AM »

For once, I actually donítdislike her gown.  Itís simple, fits pretty nicely without being too tightly, works with her tiara and doesnít upstage therest of the ladies.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: