Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: India & Bhutan Tour  (Read 389285 times)
MidnightDiamond

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #2655 on: April 21, 2016, 03:22:38 AM »

Quote from: Kaiserin
"Dear People of India, we have decided to save you time, money and fuss hosting our useless couple and send the equivalent total trip cost plus cost we saved at home by not having to engage Duchess Dolittles similar useless mother as assistant nanny attached as a cheque. Please feel free to donate the money to charities of your choice."

P.S. Here is the Koh-i-Noor back. We were wrong to take it and are sorry. Perhaps this small token will make amends for the miserable experience of having Wills and Kate in your country.

P.P.S. We fired them.

India government said the Koh-i-Noor was a gift to Victoria, so she was not wrong to take it, it was given to her.
Margaret

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #2656 on: April 21, 2016, 06:38:34 AM »

Quote from: Kaiserin
"Dear People of India, we have decided to save you time, money and fuss hosting our useless couple and send the equivalent total trip cost plus cost we saved at home by not having to engage Duchess Dolittles similar useless mother as assistant nanny attached as a cheque. Please feel free to donate the money to charities of your choice."

P.S. Here is the Koh-i-Noor back. We were wrong to take it and are sorry. Perhaps this small token will make amends for the miserable experience of having Wills and Kate in your country.

P.P.S. We fired them.

India government said the Koh-i-Noor was a gift to Victoria, so she was not wrong to take it, it was given to her.

It was "given" to her because the Sikhs lost a war to the British forces, and the Maharajah had to sign a treaty in which he gave up any claim to sovereignty of the Punjab or any sovereign power at all, all of the State's property and assets were confiscated to the East India Company, and the Koh-i-Noor was expressly surrendered to Victoria.  Hardly a gift.  I wish the Indian solicitor general had not expressed it the way he did. This attitude smacks of not wanting to offend the former colonial rulers.  If the treaty was a legitimate one, he should have admitted it.  In my opinion.  I think too many people will read that newspaper article and think that the diamond was a gift in the usual sense. 
getafix
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #2657 on: April 22, 2016, 04:29:40 PM »

It was "given" to her because the Sikhs lost a war to the British forces, and the Maharajah had to sign a treaty in which he gave up any claim to sovereignty of the Punjab or any sovereign power at all, all of the State's property and assets were confiscated to the East India Company, and the Koh-i-Noor was expressly surrendered to Victoria.  Hardly a gift.  I wish the Indian solicitor general had not expressed it the way he did. This attitude smacks of not wanting to offend the former colonial rulers.  If the treaty was a legitimate one, he should have admitted it.  In my opinion.  I think too many people will read that newspaper article and think that the diamond was a gift in the usual sense. 
[/quote]

is that a bit like getting African Tribe Kings to sign over their land to Rhodes or Native American Indians' Chiefs 'giving' their land in return for a blanket? yeah. it sounds so like that. Tokenistic and colonialsitc. So out of date now Dead

G

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #2658 on: April 22, 2016, 04:42:26 PM »

Yup, like how all the treasures from around the world ended up in the British Museum. All "gifts".
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #2659 on: April 22, 2016, 04:45:24 PM »

Seems like they managed to squeeze in some spa treatments during their hectic tour  Roll Eyes

http://www.usmagazine.com...-date-during-tour-w203569
Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: