Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prince Gustaf Adolf, CG's dad  (Read 16520 times)
Emma Rose

Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2015, 03:29:12 AM »

I love these old photos. GA seemed very warm and affectionate with his daughters. It must have been very sad for them when he died. I wonder how all the children dealt with his death, especially because Sybilla seemed unable to talk about it.

I wonder if CG received a lot of affection from his sisters as they appear to be warm and affectionate in the photos. Or was he not allowed since he was the heir?
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2015, 10:42:39 AM »

Christina and her baby brother Smiley

Suzerain
Banned
Warned
Humongous Member

Heard Island and McDonald Islands Heard Island and McDonald Islands

Did you know some snakes have retractable fangs?

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2015, 04:03:20 PM »

Everybody keeps writing Sybilla but it's actually Sibylla.  Just like Silvia is Silvia and not Sylvia.  I'm sorry to sound like a grammar nazi or something similar, it just annoys me in every day life that a lot of people keep writing other people's names wrong because they don't care. Ok, so some people are dyslexic so I don't want to sound too harsh. Sorry.

It's really sweet to see how all the men, father, grandfather and great grandfather were all completely smitten when they were looking at little Margaretha.  Icecream Maybe it was because she was the first born, maybe that she was named after her grandmother she never met, or maybe they just all were very fond of children in general. I wish CG would look more like his dad but I'm thinking that grumpy look comes from his mother's side. Sibylla wasn't known for her sunny disposition and often looked stern. And have you seen her father? Scary man!  Yikes

rosella
Banned
Banned
Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2015, 04:44:36 PM »

Everybody keeps writing Sybilla but it's actually Sibylla.  Just like Silvia is Silvia and not Sylvia.  I'm sorry to sound like a grammar nazi or something similar, it just annoys me in every day life that a lot of people keep writing other people's names wrong because they don't care. Ok, so some people are dyslexic so I don't want to sound too harsh. Sorry.

It's really sweet to see how all the men, father, grandfather and great grandfather were all completely smitten when they were looking at little Margaretha.  Icecream Maybe it was because she was the first born, maybe that she was named after her grandmother she never met, or maybe they just all were very fond of children in general. I wish CG would look more like his dad but I'm thinking that grumpy look comes from his mother's side. Sibylla wasn't known for her sunny disposition and often looked stern. And have you seen her father? Scary man!  Yikes

Yes, Sibylla did look very austere sometimes. Her father was Charles Edward, son of the dead Duke of Albany, Prince Leopold, Queen Victoria's haemophilic son. Charles Edward was taken out of Eton as a schoolboy and sent to Germany because his uncle Alfred had no heir to the Duchy of Saxe-Coburg. Another uncle, Prince Arthur of Connaught, and his son Arthur refused to go, in spite of being next in line, so Charlie was chosen.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2015, 04:47:53 PM »

As far as I know I am not dyslectic and I do care, but it just happens to be the two names I (almost) always use the wrong spelling Smiley

And funny enough when I am really focused on typing them correct I predominantly use the wrong spelling Wink
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2015, 04:50:58 PM »

And confusing enough the name of prince Guilleaume of Luxembourgs wife is  apparently spelled as Sibilla, so without an y
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2015, 05:00:16 PM »

@Rosella, I once read stories about that Charles Eduard was forced by his cousin to accept the Saxe Coburg Gotha throne.

https://en.wikipedia.org/..._of_Saxe-Coburg_and_Gotha

Through her father, Sibylla was related to the Dutch royal family.

CE's parents were prince Leopold of Great Britain and princess Helena of Waldeck Pyrmont.
Helena was the younger sister of princess Emma, who would become Queen Emma of the Netherlands (second wife of much elder King Willem III).

Through this link CE and his older sister princess Alice, countess of Athlone were first cousins of Queen Wilhelmina of the Netherlands. Subsequently Queen Juliana of the Netherlands and princess Sibylla were second cousins.

CE married Princess Victoria Adelaide of Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glücksburg, whose younger sisters married into the Danish royal family, the German Imperial family and the Solms-Baruth family.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2015, 05:08:41 PM »

Sibylla's great aunt at mothers side, was Empress Augusta Viktoria of Germany, the first wife of Emperor Wilhelm II.

Augusta Victoria was a sister of Sibylla's grandmother Duchess Karoline Mathilde of Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glücksburg (née Princess of Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Augustenburg)

Sibylla's mother:

Sibylla's father:

Sibylla's brother Hubertus, here with her on a 1917 picture,  joined  the German Army, and saw action in the Eastern Front during World War II. He was killed in action on 26 November 1943, aged 34, in Mosty, Ukraine.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2015, 05:15:51 PM »

http://www.flickriver.com...s/mrsfujita/tags/svenska/
mylady

Large Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2015, 05:28:48 PM »

QA video of the family in 1947,nice family, all the children  were very beautiful

https://www.youtube.com/w...C9QC-UffnRyf36Uy-03gJwpu8
esther angeline

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2015, 02:27:03 AM »

Christina and her baby brother Smiley

Christina looks like Leonore.  Especially the eyes
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2015, 03:13:54 AM »

[ur[/url]

So much like Madeline!!
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2015, 03:15:40 AM »

Oh well, can't get it to post......

It was Margareta Von Schweden
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2015, 11:07:36 AM »

Oh well, can't get it to post......

It was Margareta Von Schweden

I guess you have to post it as url, it seems to be a web address instead of picture
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: July 12, 2015, 10:07:39 PM »

Thanks Principessa, can't ever get pics to work so I tried a web address. Ugh...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: