Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prince Gustaf Adolf, CG's dad  (Read 21212 times)
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2015, 11:40:37 AM »

Thanks Principessa, can't ever get pics to work so I tried a web address. Ugh...

Doesn't matter, I have experienced enough troubles with posting pictures that I got trained in what can go wrong Wink Smiley
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: July 13, 2015, 11:41:19 AM »

Oh well, can't get it to post......

It was Margareta Von Schweden

I guess you have to post it as url, it seems to be a web address instead of picture

http://www.flickriver.com...s/mrsfujita/tags/svenska/

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: July 13, 2015, 11:43:34 AM »

Oh well, can't get it to post......

It was Margareta Von Schweden

I guess you have to post it as url, it seems to be a web address instead of picture

http://www.flickriver.com...s/mrsfujita/tags/svenska/

Weird, very weird, I have posted the picture also above (between the img and /img, including the [;]) but the picture doesn't show! It is a gif file, which should be working with the img part.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 01:17:26 PM by Principessa » Logged
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: July 13, 2015, 01:14:34 PM »

Well, thanks for the  link!
I thought she reminded me a lot of Maddie!!

Star
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: July 13, 2015, 05:45:57 PM »

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: July 13, 2015, 05:50:06 PM »

A bigger format of a previous posted picture

Ginger

Small Member

Sweden Sweden

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: July 13, 2015, 05:52:57 PM »

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: July 13, 2015, 05:53:18 PM »

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: July 13, 2015, 05:55:12 PM »

Apparently from the same session:
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: July 13, 2015, 06:07:21 PM »

http://www.aftonbladet.se...yheter/article10776454.ab

According to a post about GA and Sibylla on http://forum.alexanderpalace.org
"..Edmund, as Gustaf Adolf was called within the family, was later been described by his cousin Lennart as something of a bully. He was dyslectic (something of a trade in the Bernadotte family) and obviously had an urge to be the leader and the best, despite the fact that he may not have had the needed abilities for that...."

Ginger

Small Member

Sweden Sweden

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: July 13, 2015, 06:21:11 PM »

Apparently from the same session:

Yes. You get the impression that there were genuine feelings involved.

Gustaf Adolf's mother, and Queen Victoria's grand daughter, Margaret of Connaught, who passed away when GA was a teenager. One of my favourite royalties. So forceful and lovely at the same time.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: July 13, 2015, 06:33:14 PM »

It seems GA had inherited his striking eyes from his mother.

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: July 13, 2015, 06:36:00 PM »

Arvprinsen som aldrig fick bli kung - Crown Prince that never got to be king

http://www.aftonbladet.se...dqvist/article12233839.ab

"..Gustav Adolf was the eldest son of Gustaf VI Adolf and Princess Margaret of Great Britain. The mother died unexpectedly when Gustav Adolf was 14 years. He took her death very hard and was away from school, Lundsberg, for a year in connection with his mother's death. He had a hard time in school because he, like so many in his family, was dyslexic, which was a serious handicap at the time. Gustav Adolf was dyslexic accused of laziness and would be disciplined with spanking and more homework or could be in the corner was singled out as dummy corporation. Difficulties in school, and the rough upbringing made him seemed tight and swanky..."

"..He had many enemies as a young man, among them his own brother Sigvard and cousin prince Lennart Bernadotte. Gustav Adolf compensated for the loss of intellectual success with becoming proficient athlete. He was the royal family's best athlete of all time. He belonged to the Swedish elite fencing and steeplechase. Multiple Swedish champion in saber, a member of the Swedish Olympic squad in 1936. He was a skilled marksman and skiers and many others in the family at this time, he was very active and interested in scouting...."

"...Sure, he met Hitler, but that was before the war had broken out and as the leader of a Swedish sports group. He was at the home of Herman Goering at Carin Hall, but Goering's secretary wrote that the men could not agree and that there was more invitations. During the war, Sweden was officially neutral, the neutrality included the leading Swedes regularly met with leaders of both Germany and the Allies. The contacts were with both sides all the time, it was a prerequisite for neutrality. There are no pro-Nazi statements of Gustav Adolf. He was not a member of any Nazi organization...."

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: July 13, 2015, 06:41:30 PM »

From left to right: Ingrid, Bertil, Gustav Adolf, Sigvard and their cousin Lennart.

Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #59 on: July 13, 2015, 07:01:21 PM »

"...Sure, he met Hitler, but that was before the war had broken out and as the leader of a Swedish sports group. He was at the home of Herman Goering at Carin Hall, but Goering's secretary wrote that the men could not agree and that there was more invitations. During the war, Sweden was officially neutral, the neutrality included the leading Swedes regularly met with leaders of both Germany and the Allies. The contacts were with both sides all the time, it was a prerequisite for neutrality. There are no pro-Nazi statements of Gustav Adolf. He was not a member of any Nazi organization...."

The king - his father - wrote to Hitler with personal support without permission from the government. This is of course not on GA's shoulders but I cannot with whitewashing of nazi support

I've always though that it would be interesting to know what kind of man CG would have been if his parents had not died. It seems that the Swedes have had a lot of bad luck with big losses in their personal lives for a few generations. It kind of makes you understand what CG and Silvia may have been too soft on their children.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: