Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Summer photo shoot in Meijendel  (Read 15689 times)
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2015, 05:16:54 PM »

Also from baby on CA had that typical round, big face. Which made her baby pictures very recognizable (when we have to distinguish who of the three A's it is Wink Smiley )

For comparison, this are
Alexia:

Ariane:

Kristallinchen

Gigantic Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2015, 06:10:21 PM »

Thanks for the comparison photos, Principessa.
Luckily for Amalia the Dutch are not the typical photoshoot, magazine, clotheswhore family, where looks and beauty are everything - like Waity with the BRF or Leti in Spain, who often seems to be reduced to what she wears rather than what she does (though not through her own fault).
I think Amalia will be fine despite her probably never becoming a common beauty (whatever that means). I certainly don't see her as having any kind of eating-disorders.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2015, 06:32:03 PM »

Thanks for the comparison photos, Principessa.
Luckily for Amalia the Dutch are not the typical photoshoot, magazine, clotheswhore family, where looks and beauty are everything - like Waity with the BRF or Leti in Spain, who often seems to be reduced to what she wears rather than what she does (though not through her own fault).
I think Amalia will be fine despite her probably never becoming a common beauty (whatever that means). I certainly don't see her as having any kind of eating-disorders.

Amalia as baby and toddler, but also no as a teenager, came across as an enthusiastic happy girl, who feels good about herself. And I guess that's a compliment for WA and Maxima, with regard to raising their daughters.

I always found this a weird picture of Amalia

I always liked this one of Amalia (Lech 2006).

The reporters keep op shouting "Amalia?". After a while she responds with "Jaaahhaaaaaaa!"
Sadly I couldn't find the clip, so hereby a picture of the moment:

From the same event, Willem-Alexander speaking German. And at the end Willem-Alexander and Maxima said "Grüss Got in Vorarlberg":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZtA7sr-CDw
Coya

Huge Member

Peru Peru

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2015, 06:32:39 PM »

I find Amalia very pretty, sweet and cute like "the girl next door" type. She inherited the round, chubby but very friendly and approachable face of her great grandma Juliana, grandma Bea and father. She'll be very tall but not skinny just like mom and dad. I just hope she'll be confident enough and happy with her body especially in this world that thinks the skinny women are the epitome of perfect beauty. I think she won't be fat, she'll have a very feminine, curvaceous body. Let's see.

« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 06:47:24 PM by Coya » Logged

editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2015, 12:57:26 AM »

Does anyone know when this holiday ends?
Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2015, 01:02:30 AM »

The next event on their official agenda is only on August 15, Willem-Alexander will attend a ceremony in The Hague related with the end of WWII after Japan surrendered. Then there is a gap until August 26, Maxima will attend an opening.

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2015, 01:06:31 AM »

Thanks, Thistle. So, it'll end up being 1 month+. Sounds like a looooong holiday to me. Nice for the AAA-Team, of course.
Lady Alice

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2015, 03:10:59 AM »

CA is going to be pretty, though. She was an amazingly chubby-faced baby, but that went away and she's looked fine ever since.

The family manages to look natural and ACT naturally, even with the sea of photographers - pretty good accomplishment.

The next few years will show great changes for those girls. It will be interesting to watch.

EstellesBows

Medium Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2015, 08:25:49 AM »

I think CA will make a very pretty adult as well. Most of us have an awkward phase sometime between 10-14ish and it goes away.

I'm not in any way saying CA is ugly, but just saying, I have a cousin that is easily the prettiest out of us all. She has beautiful skin, a very pretty face, gorgeous hair, a nice figure and is 32 but could easily pass for 21. And she had the most HORRIBLE awakward phase out of anyone I've ever seen. We joke she should write an instructional called 'Puberty 101'. She was a very unfortunate looking 13 year old but ended up a stunning adult.

All i'm saying is awkward phases are normal, thankfully most of us don't have to go through them in the public spotlight.

i did not come to play with you hoes, i came to slay bitch.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2015, 10:28:50 AM »

Does anyone know when this holiday ends?

With regard to the regular holidays. among others the summer holiday, and (elementary) schools the Netherlands is divided in regions (North, Center, South)

Between the regions the start and ending of the summer holiday differs. Also there is an annually shift. In other words one time North starts holiday first followed by Center and South. The next year the other way around.

http://www.schoolvakantie...schoolvakanties-2015.html

Wassenaar and Den Haag (The Hague), were the three A's attend (or going to attend) school belong to the region Center, and this year the summer holiday is from July 11, 2015 till August 23, 2015
Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: August 03, 2015, 11:42:50 AM »

I truly hope the press are going to ignore Amalia's puppy fat. She's on the brink of puberty, and probably extremely conscious of her body. No doubt the Wassenaar Tiger Mommy's are bitching about her size behind Max's back (I'd call A big boned, she's not flubby at all) because their daughters all look like leggy stick insects. I also hope she won't get teased by it when she goes to secondary school. But who'd dare to talk crap to the future queen? With that mother backing her up 

ITA with your sentiment. Smiley

However, why is it ok to mock the slimmer girls and call them stick insects?

If it's wrong to comment on C-A's weight, and there are plenty of people defending here here, then it's equally wrong to mock others for being "stick insects".

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
jigmesjigga

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: August 06, 2015, 05:14:25 PM »

Skinny people are not half as abused as overweight or obese people so I think there is a difference (I was definitely a "stick insect" until my mid-30s).  Of course, it's not really cool to body shame anybody, especially an adolescent.  It's interesting how different each of the 3 girls is from each other.  Those Nassau genes are strong though. 
lellobeetle

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: August 06, 2015, 07:44:24 PM »

Kids' clothes look like Mayoral. (Pretty much their go-to brand if it's not a fancy occasion - that's Pilli Carrera land  Wink  )

I truly hope the press are going to ignore Amalia's puppy fat. She's on the brink of puberty, and probably extremely conscious of her body. No doubt the Wassenaar Tiger Mommy's are bitching about her size behind Max's back (I'd call A big boned, she's not flubby at all) because their daughters all look like leggy stick insects. I also hope she won't get teased by it when she goes to secondary school. But who'd dare to talk crap to the future queen? With that mother backing her up 

Aaaanyway. Nice pics.

Her grandmother, Bea, was sorta mildly puffy as a young person, and has never had what I'd call a slender figure. Just normal or average size.

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2015, 05:57:13 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: