Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monegasque Royal Jewelry  (Read 15638 times)
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« on: August 03, 2015, 03:12:11 AM »

I thought we had one, but couldn't find a thread...soooo

Princess Charlotte wearing the Cariter Diamond Fringe Tiara that was given to her by her father, Louis II.
It's in Caroline's possession now.

Princess Charlotte Pearl Drop tiara

The Halo Tiara - Pearls, Diamonds and Platinum Halo Tiara by Cartier.
Part of the personal jewelry of Princess Grace of Monaco from the time of her 1956 wedding to Prince Rainier III

Cartier diamond necklace of Princess Grace of Monaco née Grace Kelly.

Prince Rainier of Monaco purchased a Van Cleef & Arpels wedding set in platinum, pearls, and diamonds
for Actress Grace Kelly in 1956 at the Fifth Avenue VC&A boutique in New York. They married April 18, 1956.

Serre-Chignon Tiara of Princess Grace

Swan Chignon diamond tiara of Princess Grace of Monaco

Princess Grace in the small Diamond Tiara...the pearl and diamond earrings were also a wedding gift to Grace from Rainier

Bain du Mer Tiara. The Cabochon rubies can be removed and used as earrings and broaches.

Diamond earrings belonging to HSH Princess Grace.

Princess Grace Ruby parure

The Princesse de Monaco rose brooch. Courtesy Mikimoto

Pearl Cameo Brooch

Earrings/Ring belonging to the Ruby parure

Princess Charlotte "en tremblant" head ornament worn by Charlene at the Monaco's Royal wedding. Pieces are detachable

Princess Grace Turquoise parure

Princess Grace's Small Diamond Tiara.
Now belonging Princess Caroline of Hanover. She was ordered by Grace to share the Royal Jewels with Princess Stephanie.
It has been seen on Charlotte Casiraghi

The Princess Charlotte cabochon sapphire and diamond demi-parure.
The set was made by Cartier, which Princess Charlotte wore at Rainier and Grace wedding in 1956.
The parure includes a necklace, earrings, and a pair of brooches.

Sapphire Parure from the Grimaldi jewelry vault

amethyst, emerald, diamond earrings from the Grimaldi family jewel vault

Blue Topaz set from the Grimaldi family jewel vault

Diamond Rose Brooch of Princess Grace of Monaco Family. Rose brooch set with old cut diamonds,
mounted in platinum (24,22grs) Previously owned by the Princess Antoinette de Monaco

editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2015, 07:32:02 PM »

Good thread, Peeds Thumb up  Some pieces I haven't seen before, including this Drool

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2015, 07:43:54 PM »

thanks, edit  Hug Star

I haven't either. During my searching yesterday, I read someplace that all the major pieces belonging to the late Princess Charlotte of Monaco, Duchess of Valentinois were given to Caroline, because she couldn't stand Grace.

As the illegitimate daughter of the future Prince Louis II of Monaco and Marie Louvet. Louis’ father, Prince Albert I, had a law passed recognizing Charlotte as Louis’ heir and part of the sovereign family. However, this law was later ruled invalid under earlier statutes. So, in October 1918, another law was passed allowing for the adoption of an heir with succession rights.

She should have known better, but was as horrid, as other nasty mother in law's.

We don't know how many pieces Caroline got from her, and if in fact Charlotte had so many to begin with. Very little on her to find.

mylady

Large Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2015, 08:35:43 PM »

Prince Rainier did not want that all the jewelry belonging to her mother was given to princess Caroline, Princess grace was still alive when Princess charlotte died in 1977, Princess Caroline received some big pièces but the other jewelry stayed in the Grimaldi family.
mylady

Large Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2015, 08:37:31 PM »

I like this tread,  a very  good subject
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2015, 09:55:28 PM »

Prince Rainier did not want that all the jewelry belonging to her mother was given to princess Caroline, Princess grace was still alive when Princess charlotte died in 1977, Princess Caroline received some big pièces but the other jewelry stayed in the Grimaldi family.

right. Hence my comment that Caroline got all the major pieces. I haven't seen anybody but her wearing e.g. the Diamond Fringe Tiara, the Pearl Drop tiara, Sapphire set. I think Caroline has her claws in deeply in those pieces.

The tiaras, if anything else, should be in the Grimaldi family vault of all places, accessible to all.

Duchess of Verona

Big Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2015, 11:45:27 PM »

ITA PeDe. It seems ridiculous that the consort of the reigning Prince should not have access to the better jewels in the family.
MidnightDiamond

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2015, 11:46:08 PM »

What will Caroline do with the jewels leave them to Albert or Gabriella? That is what she should do.
esther angeline

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2015, 02:53:40 AM »

What will Caroline do with the jewels leave them to Albert or Gabriella? That is what she should do.

I bet they go to Charlotte or her other daughter Princess Alexandra.   Might be a chance of some of them going to DILs Tatiana or Beatrice.   Cant see them going to  Gabriella or going back into the Grimaldi vault. Dont think she will give to Charlene or Gabs.  Caroline will pull a revenge from the grave stunt like her grandmother did to Grace.
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2015, 03:02:28 AM »

the issue with this though would be, that none of Caro's children are royal. Charlotte could have already worn a tiara e.g.

but she hasn't. Either she's not allowed by court rule (Albert), or she doesn't care for it. Catwiezel's wife though wore one on her wedding day, soooo

esther angeline

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2015, 05:51:17 AM »

the issue with this though would be, that none of Caro's children are royal.

Her daughter, Princess Alexandra of Hanover is an HRH royal

ALbert may require that a goodly portion returns to the vaults but I still wouldnt put it past Caro to get the last word!  Wink
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2015, 10:18:27 AM »

I always thought the Grimaldi jewel collection (incl. the "private" ones) weren't that big. Especially not in comparison to other royal families. But in the previous post I see some nice pieces Wink Smiley
Cocorose

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2015, 06:25:15 AM »

I read somewhere after Stefano died Caroline sold some of Graces jewelry to cover his debts. 
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2015, 06:35:15 AM »

WOW..I didn't know that....that's nasty. Those pieces should have been divided between Caroline and Stephanie. I wonder what else she kept back and sold it.

lynda

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2015, 04:26:01 PM »

did Stephanie get anything
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: