Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Royal children - Belgium  (Read 95304 times)
Lady of the Lake

Baby Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: August 20, 2020, 11:03:58 PM »

(Hope I'm not to late to say this but oh well)

Happy birthday, Prince Gabriel! 
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: August 20, 2020, 11:30:42 PM »

(Hope I'm not to late to say this but oh well)

Happy birthday, Prince Gabriel! 

I'm still trying to sort out a 5 euro record token, so no worries

Sipping Nescafe from a stained mug in the kitchen every morning became a ritual. Then they took turns making breakfast from Pop Tarts purchased from the all night garage, or nibbled on left over pizza from the Dominos trattoria.
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: August 21, 2020, 12:34:17 AM »

Happy Birthday Gabriel! 

Is that a pierced earlobe on the left? 
desertrose

Micro Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: August 21, 2020, 12:50:48 AM »

Happy Birthday Gabriel! 

It does look like! But it's just a freckle: http://www.noblesseetroya...4061982576876766814_o.jpg
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: August 21, 2020, 01:26:03 AM »

Happy Birthday Gabriel! 

It does look like! But it's just a freckle: http://www.noblesseetroya...4061982576876766814_o.jpg

Thatís too bad. A little rebellion at 17 is not a bad thing.
Rita

Ginormous Member

Stay safe

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: August 21, 2020, 01:32:06 AM »

Happy 17th birthday, Gabriel!
Handsome boy 
Wishing him very happy Birthday

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: August 26, 2020, 09:19:51 PM »

https://www.telegraaf.nl/...middelbare-school-brussel

Apparently Eleonore has been refused by the secondary education school in Brussels where several Belgian royals enjoyed their education.
Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: August 26, 2020, 10:14:24 PM »

Havenít they always lived at Laeken?  Seems odd that the school says she canít continue because she lives too far away.  Have the rules just changed?
LongMaySheReign

Mini Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: August 26, 2020, 10:58:54 PM »

Havenít they always lived at Laeken?  Seems odd that the school says she canít continue because she lives too far away.  Have the rules just changed?

There are two rules, living nearby and/or havng siblings who already go to the school. Now that Gabriel is going to another school, she can't attend as she doesn't meet either criteria. The same thing happened to Princess Astrid's youngest, who couldn't attend as her siblings had alreadyleft school by the time her parents wanted her there.

Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: August 26, 2020, 11:08:01 PM »

There are two rules, living nearby and/or havng siblings who already go to the school. Now that Gabriel is going to another school, she can't attend as she doesn't meet either criteria. The same thing happened to Princess Astrid's youngest, who couldn't attend as her siblings had alreadyleft school by the time her parents wanted her there.

The first rule I can understand in some way, the second one makes no sense to me. Children should be free to choose the school they want, regardless of any siblings being there or not.

Hope that Eleonore finds another good one for her.
Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: August 26, 2020, 11:55:28 PM »

The first rule I can understand in some way, the second one makes no sense to me. Children should be free to choose the school they want, regardless of any siblings being there or not.

Yeah.  I just don't understand why a younger sibling would be forced to leave because an elder sibling has.  Seems like they should have grandfathered the younger siblings in (especially ones already enrolled at the primary school) when the rules changed, whenever that was, and then been stricter about living close enough with new families.  After all proximity wasn't a problem when Elisabeth first enrolled and was the only one of the sibling attending.  I'd love to know when the rules changed. 

I guess this is one of those cultural differences we see as a global dishing community because this American can't wrap her head around the whole thing.
LongMaySheReign

Mini Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: August 27, 2020, 12:55:58 AM »

Havenít they always lived at Laeken?  Seems odd that the school says she canít continue because she lives too far away.  Have the rules just changed?

Yeah.  I just don't understand why a younger sibling would be forced to leave because an elder sibling has.  Seems like they should have grandfathered the younger siblings in (especially ones already enrolled at the primary school) when the rules changed, whenever that was, and then been stricter about living close enough with new families.  After all proximity wasn't a problem when Elisabeth first enrolled and was the only one of the sibling attending.  I'd love to know when the rules changed.  

I guess this is one of those cultural differences we see as a global dishing community because this American can't wrap her head around the whole thing.

I'm not sure how Elisabeth was able to attend in the first place, unless they changed the rules while she was there.

In general those kind of rules are meant to keep the schools diverse. This particular school has a great reputation and is in a low income area. So if rich white parents want a quality public education for their children, they must accept that poor kids and/or non-white kids will be their classmate. So I don't think it's bad idea on paper, it's meant to reflect a more equalitarian society, in which kids aren't segregated. But obviously nothing is perfect and there are flaws in the system.

Eleonore's next school is less diverse as it's in a high income area. So her future classmates are probably all posh/aristo kids.
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: September 01, 2020, 10:38:41 AM »

Back to school for Princess Eleonore! Til looks nice, Phil has his ask on upside down

Sipping Nescafe from a stained mug in the kitchen every morning became a ritual. Then they took turns making breakfast from Pop Tarts purchased from the all night garage, or nibbled on left over pizza from the Dominos trattoria.
Ghost

Small Member

Romania Romania

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: September 01, 2020, 01:39:07 PM »

Yeah.  I just don't understand why a younger sibling would be forced to leave because an elder sibling has.  Seems like they should have grandfathered the younger siblings in (especially ones already enrolled at the primary school) when the rules changed, whenever that was, and then been stricter about living close enough with new families.  After all proximity wasn't a problem when Elisabeth first enrolled and was the only one of the sibling attending.  I'd love to know when the rules changed. 

Where were they living when Elizabeth enrolled?
The sibling thing is meant to ease the school run for parents, I think, among other things.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: September 01, 2020, 01:53:42 PM »

Where were they living when Elizabeth enrolled?
The sibling thing is meant to ease the school run for parents, I think, among other things.

I know that for some schools in NL with limited capacity, the siblings of current student have preference. Perhaps because of making the school run more easy, but perhaps also because they couldn't make the distinction between sibling.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: