Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 20   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Royal children - Belgium  (Read 129808 times)
Duchess of Verona

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: July 28, 2017, 02:39:43 PM »

She is a few months older than my daughter. My DD would love that dress.
pocahontas

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: July 29, 2017, 04:05:21 AM »

For a 15 year old royal, it's more " daring " than I would expect. Not for most just a conservative Belgium royal one.
Onar!!!

Yup, the dress is very contemporary considering it's the BRF and mom Mathilde always dresses like she's 20 years older than she is.
Mathilde wears Natan which is worn by MT (who I believe is in her 60's) and Dutch Princess Margriet who is even older. Both MT and Margriet look good in Natan. Max wears Natan too, but it suits her because she has a womanly figure and she usually wears more daring accessories with her outfits.

Elisabeth looks great in the dress. It suits her age. It's pretty and modern but modest. This maxi dress would look best with summery, sporty shoes like espadrille wedges or strappy flat sandals. The pumps are unsuitable because they are formal dress shoes while the dress is "fun" and casual. I am glad though that she is wearing shoes with modest heels. It suits her age.

I don't think Mathilde dresses like she's 20 years older to better match the age of Phillippe. I think it is just her conservative, very modest style to dress the way she does. Her hair is also equally conservative and modest.
Lizardcandy

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: July 29, 2017, 04:41:31 AM »

I don't care to pick apart children but I will say that high heels and a shoulderless dress aren't what I'd consider appropriate for a child to wear in public.

Her feet are still developing and high heels are undeniably, by any standard, bad for feet and force them into unnatural positions.
emtishell

Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: July 29, 2017, 06:50:00 AM »

I don't care to pick apart children but I will say that high heels and a shoulderless dress aren't what I'd consider appropriate for a child to wear in public.

Her feet are still developing and high heels are undeniably, by any standard, bad for feet and force them into unnatural positions.

She's 15...... my feet stopped growing at 12, so I don't think her feet are still developing. I also don't imagine she wears heels (and these are not all that high) all the time, just for special events. I had several pairs of lower heeled shoes at her age.
Nuno

Humongous Member

Portugal Portugal

Felipe, Leti: where are you?

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: July 30, 2017, 12:10:58 AM »

Mathilde is picking the ugliest shoes lately...first the ugly red peep toes, now the black ones...and the top is another disaster from Natan I'm sure.

"You can call me Happiness...yes Queen Happiness. It sounds great!" - Queen Letizia, Red Cross 150th Anniversary Wink

"Hey Cristina, I'm the Queen now :D"
periwinkle

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: July 31, 2017, 01:29:08 AM »

As the mother of two girls on either side of Elizabeth in age she is dressed appropriately. Her feet have stopped growing by now. She has become a very pretty young girl. I think her parents are doing a very good job with her we see her just enough not too much.
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: July 31, 2017, 02:31:57 AM »

Yes, I don't think she's dressed inappropriately. I'm just surprised Mathilde lets her dress her age. 
Felicia

Warned
Small Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: July 31, 2017, 03:53:11 PM »

She is dressing very appropriately I think
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: July 31, 2017, 03:58:46 PM »

If she starts wearing heels every time we see her, then I'll worry.  Otherwise, I think she looks fine.  I recall wearing heels to formal dances when I was in high school. 

With that said, these particular shoes are too formal for this particular dress.  Some strappy, summary sandals or espadrilles would have been nicer.
Lady Willoughby

Warned
Humongous Member

Circa Regna Tonat

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: July 31, 2017, 04:11:05 PM »

I have to say I would be fine with my daughter picking out either of these outfits at this age. E is at that moment where it's completely appropriate to not want to look "baby-ish" but she's either chosen or been steered towards options that allow her a measure of adulthood without being absolutely inappropriate. She looks extremely elegant & appropriate compared to most girls her age and no kid I know wants to dress like Lady Louise by the time they hit even the age of 12.

Lizardcandy

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: July 31, 2017, 05:36:13 PM »

I'm 100% okay with being wrong here. I'm not in tune with young ladies fashions. If it's an appropriate modern style to bare your shoulders, than it is.

I'd still think flats are more appropriate and her body is still developing-even if her feet are their adult length. I'm not a fan of high heels in general, and they'll probably always bother me.  Smiley

melusina

Mini Member

Luxembourg Luxembourg

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: August 14, 2017, 06:02:57 PM »

The belgian family went to see opera at Salzburg festival.

Now I usually have a serious soft spot for Dirndl&Co, but those poor kids look miserable, especially the boys. .. glad that Elisa won't have any of this nonsense and is her own girl.
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: August 14, 2017, 07:28:41 PM »

The belgian family went to see opera at Salzburg festival.

Now I usually have a serious soft spot for Dirndl&Co, but those poor kids look miserable, especially the boys. .. glad that Elisa won't have any of this nonsense and is her own girl.

Shocked

The boy on the left (not sure if he is Gabriel or Emanuel) and Eleonore look miserable.  Usually these kids look so happy when they're photographed at family events.
Rita

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: August 14, 2017, 09:37:07 PM »

more pix

Rita

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: August 14, 2017, 09:41:05 PM »

I'm shocked Mathilde and Philippe let Elizabeth dress her age. I thought they might keep her in  frumpy, conservative clothes. She looks great!
You're right, they both seem soooo conservative but maybe they're not.

I don't think conservative means frumpy, the most iconic, elegant and fashionable women in the history were rather conservative, showing just the necessary, same is happening with Elizabeth, she is dressed her age but with great taste and decorum just like Mathilde who sometimes looks older but never unkempt, her makeup and hair is professionally done , her clothes are tailored and the accessories seemed to be chosen carefully.
i totally agree with you Thumb up

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 20   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: