Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Royal children - Belgium  (Read 53669 times)
Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: November 30, 2018, 07:46:31 PM »

I don’t know if it has already been posted but king Filip made a painting of princess Elisabeth. He showed it to Macron during a privat lunch.

[/quote
and it's beautiful painting

Pomme

Huge Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Mary who?

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: November 30, 2018, 07:52:53 PM »

That's one proud dad!  And a fine portrait of their first future female monarch  Champagne

Talk to the hair, you slitherin' Skank
http://i.imgur.com/2mUIe.jpg
Seagull

Baby Member

Hong Kong Hong Kong

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: January 11, 2019, 10:48:03 AM »

Princess Elisabeth of Belgium left Laeken Castle to join Atlantic College in Wales for two years to earn an International Baccalaureate. His siblings Gabriel, Emmanuel and Eleonore and the family dog were at his side before leaving for the airport. Classes start next week but Atlantic College is already hosting students for a week of adaptation.

I find it interesting how 'unfair' our genes can be on different generations. Paola, a stunning beauty in her youth has got a very plain looking daughter Astrid. Mathilde, a very plain looking woman has got a stunning beauty daughter Elisabeth.
I'm talking here about looks, not personalities. I'm not a fan of Paola and I like Mathilde btw.

“In the sky, there is no distinction of east and west; people create distinctions out of their own minds and then believe them to be true.”
Buddha
Konradin

Baby Member

Argentina Argentina

“Après moi le déluge”

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Yesterday at 03:24:10 PM »

Really? You think Mathilde is plain?  Blink I wouldn't call her so, she was OK when she married, and eventually developed into this very image of queenship, well, queenship à la Belgique, they are not wealthy compared to other monarchies but I would have never called her that. Now, if we were talking about princesses who seem plain, I'd look into Luxemburg's direction.
gameofdrones

Baby Member

India India

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Yesterday at 04:47:51 PM »

I don’t know if it has already been posted but king Filip made a painting of princess Elisabeth. He showed it to Macron during a privat lunch.

I had no idea he painted!. It's a beautiful painting and the subject is quite beautiful herself!
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Yesterday at 05:03:50 PM »

Elisabeth is lovely, she is a healthy, seemingly happy young woman and thus IMO she is pretty. But beautiful she is not. (or rather since beauty really comes from inside as well, she might just be, but I don't think her physical appearance is totally out of the ordinary like eg her Grandmother Paola)
Anyway, regarding the languages:
it is not 4 languages, but two as I recall: flemish is pretty much dutch and wallonian is french. However while most flemish speaking Belgians seem to have at least a grip of French, the wallonian with dutch?..not so much.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Konradin

Baby Member

Argentina Argentina

“Après moi le déluge”

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Yesterday at 07:10:38 PM »

Elisabeth is lovely, she is a healthy, seemingly happy young woman and thus IMO she is pretty. But beautiful she is not. (or rather since beauty really comes from inside as well, she might just be, but I don't think her physical appearance is totally out of the ordinary like eg her Grandmother Paola)
it is not 4 languages, but two as I recall: flemish is pretty much dutch and wallonian is french. However while most flemish speaking Belgians seem to have at least a grip of French, the wallonian with dutch?..not so much.
Elisabeth is OK, Letizia's daughters are both beautiful, that's what I think whenever they talk about charming princesses. As far as I recall, Belgium has 2 official languages, French, of course, and Flemish. I know both German and Dutch are also spoken but just by minor groups.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Today at 01:19:30 AM »

Elisabeth is OK, Letizia's daughters are both beautiful, that's what I think whenever they talk about charming princesses. As far as I recall, Belgium has 2 official languages, French, of course, and Flemish. I know both German and Dutch are also spoken but just by minor groups.

Belgium has 3 official languages: French, Dutch and German. As to my knowledge the languages spoken by the majority are French and Dutch, with a minority having German as their 1st language. There have been fierce battles with regard to language, mainly a result of Flemish against Walloons.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Today at 01:32:38 AM »

In the past my studentjob was in a fastfoodrestaurant in a Dutch bordertown. It was near to both Flemish as Walloon parts of Belgium. Our grip and understanding of French wasn't that good in general. And by the way Walloon French differs from regular French (I even heard negative comments of French people upon Walloon French). We noticed how we could distinguish between French and Walloon visitors. If they seem to understand (part of) the Dutch we spoke among colleagues,  they were often Walloons. Otherwise they were French. But I was surprised in how arrogant we were treated, they would only speak (Walloon) French (often not bother to try another language) and we were expected to understand. Many times I was treated like I was a dumb air head....

At my Dutch University there where also many (Flemish)Belgian students. Of which some complained they were expected to learn and use French,  but that most Walloon didn't even bother to use Dutch. Even when being in the Flemish (Dutch language) part of Belgium or in the Netherlands.

The Belgian royal kids will probably use French at home, but go and went (the latter in case of Elisabeth) to a Dutch language school. And young Elisabeth already, during a remembrance of WWI, spoke in French, Dutch and German.
periwinkle

Big Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Today at 01:43:34 AM »

Elisabeth is no classic beauty but because pretty is as pretty does she's quite lovely I agree with Fairy. Isn't she in school in England? The Spanish girls are extraordinary in their beauty and it seems it comes from the inside for them too. Isabella is lucky that she is more like her father than her mother I mean Fred is pathetic but he seems much more human than his wife and is a natural empath unlike her. Ingrid Alexandra's recent 15th birthday pictures are just beautiful she has the best of both her parents features I used to wonder about their nuclear family life but they seem to have worked through a lot of things and the king and queen seem devoted to them and really fun delightful people. It's funny Martha Louise is such a good looking woman but her daughters have not yet proven to be swans.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: