Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kids and Maxima seems to be a good combo  (Read 16771 times)
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« on: August 18, 2015, 06:32:01 PM »

In comparison to Danish colleague Mosh, Max seems to deal very well and warm with kids

Missynat

Mini Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2015, 08:00:18 PM »

Max seems to be able to relate to people and is genuine.  Mosh on the other hand does everything with calculation.  How many pictures have we seen of Mosh where instead of looking at people she has that stupid grin on her face and looks directly into the camera?
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2015, 01:42:26 PM »

Recently I had a short conversation with my dad about the Dutch royals. He isn't a fan of Maxima, because as he put it he doesn't favor people who cry at one moment (at a sad and emotional moment) and can stop crying and even laugh shortly after. Because as this would be real emotions you can't switch them off that easily, it would stuck to you in his opinion.
Kaiserin

Big Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2015, 07:52:55 PM »

Interesting opinion your dad has there - which I cannot share.
Take their wedding. She cried when the Tango played.  It was VERY emotional. And I can absolutely understand that, she was in that church to marry the crown prince of a foreign country, a country which would not welcome her dad to her wedding (lets not discuss why, just the fact that her father had to stay home), and then the Argentinian Tango plays ... who would not have cried in a situation so overwhelming? So these tears were real, imho. But then again, also her overflowing with joy only minutes after must have been real, as surely, her wedding made her happy.
So I'd not say that someone falling from one emotion to the other within minutes does "switch them off easily".
I'd just say that this person HAS maybe more emotions or allows himself to show these emontions more openly than someone elso who is/appears to be more "stoic" or "steady".

I'd prefer people showing their emotions over people taking control of their emotions. And what I absolutely detest is fake smiles which do not reach the eyes.

I am similiar to how Maxima seems to be: I can cry one moment, from the bottom of my heart, just reading a book with a sad scene or watching a movie with an emotional scene (which is sometimes a bit awkward, as I cannot even control it, so imagine me, in a plane, crying just because the movie is so sad, and the purser asking me if I am allright ...), I'd cry until there are no further tears left ... and minutes after, if you tell me a joke, I'd burst with laughter. Absolutely normal for me. All "real".
The downsize is that I have also problems to hide anger or impatience (even when it would be appropriate to at least try to), as it shows on my face no matter what.
I don't calculate, I just hope that people accept my emotions, whatever they are.
NoviceDisher

Small Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2015, 10:02:40 PM »

I had no idea who Queen Max was prior to joining this site. My initial impression of her was not very favorable. She came across as a stereotypical blonde ditz /diva who was very much into clothes and heavily into bling, the bigger the better. She seemed shallow.  Snare. She even seemed to always overshadow her husband. I did not know she was Argentinian then. Then I started watching videos of the coronation and events on YT and really loved how she rocked the Sapphire tiara and how she seemed supportive of her husband. He seemed to be more reserved and she seemed exuberant which could also be the attributed stereotypical South American joie de vivre.

When I watched the wedding video years later, I could not help shedding a tear too when she cried.  Blush. I like how she still has kept her connection to her family and roots despite everything and at the same time tries to be a really good representative of the Netherlands. Queen Max seems to be the rare person who has a big diva personality and loves her bling, but also seems deep and to care about the job and people. Her accomplishments plus how she is the lice mother and so on made me really like her.

To make a long story short, the more I have learned of Queen Max the more I changed my opinion. Correction, Queen Max changed it just by the person she comes across to me, which is as genuine as one can judge a person one reads about and does not know in RL.
TLLK

Most Exalted Member

Pitcairn Pitcairn

"The gauntlet is definitely thrown down. Stay safe

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2015, 10:17:19 PM »

I had no idea who Queen Max was prior to joining this site. My initial impression of her was not very favorable. She came across as a stereotypical blonde ditz /diva who was very much into clothes and heavily into bling, the bigger the better. She seemed shallow.  Snare. She even seemed to always overshadow her husband. I did not know she was Argentinian then. Then I started watching videos of the coronation and events on YT and really loved how she rocked the Sapphire tiara and how she seemed supportive of her husband. He seemed to be more reserved and she seemed exuberant which could also be the attributed stereotypical South American joie de vivre.

When I watched the wedding video years later, I could not help shedding a tear too when she cried.  Blush. I like how she still has kept her connection to her family and roots despite everything and at the same time tries to be a really good representative of the Netherlands. Queen Max seems to be the rare person who has a big diva personality and loves her bling, but also seems deep and to care about the job and people. Her accomplishments plus how she is the lice mother and so on made me really like her.

To make a long story short, the more I have learned of Queen Max the more I changed my opinion. Correction, Queen Max changed it just by the person she comes across to me, which is as genuine as one can judge a person one reads about and does not know in RL.
Star You are earning a star from me today because you were willing to do a little research about someone and consider your original opinion. Even if you'd still kept to your first thoughts about Max, at least you were ready to learn more about her. Thumb up

The first time I saw a photo of Maxima and W-A (post wedding) was in the Vanity Fair issue from 2003. My immediate reaction was  Snare but once I did a little reading about her education, patronages, reception in the NL I viewed her in a more favorable light. Deep down I believe that Maxima is a very exuberant, intelligent woman but with an inner core of steel. I think that she likely is the dominant person in their marriage and he's more than happy to let her take that role.

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2015, 10:33:15 PM »

Max comes across as loud, messy, and "look at me" from time to time, but I still think she's likable.  I think she'd be a fun person to have a drink with after work. 

The only time I've found her to be obnoxious was when she went to her brother's (or was it her sister's?) wedding and wore a cape.  She upstaged the bride big time, and I thought that she should have known better than to wear such a loud outfit. 

Otherwise, she's always seemed like a nice and fun person to me. 
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2015, 10:46:16 PM »

Take their wedding. She cried when the Tango played.  It was VERY emotional. And I can absolutely understand that, she was in that church to marry the crown prince of a foreign country, a country which would not welcome her dad to her wedding (lets not discuss why, just the fact that her father had to stay home), and then the Argentinian Tango plays ... who would not have cried in a situation so overwhelming? So these tears were real, imho. But then again, also her overflowing with joy only minutes after must have been real, as surely, her wedding made her happy.
So I'd not say that someone falling from one emotion to the other within minutes does "switch them off easily".
I'd just say that this person HAS maybe more emotions or allows himself to show these emontions more openly than someone elso who is/appears to be more "stoic" or "steady".

I'd prefer people showing their emotions over people taking control of their emotions. And what I absolutely detest is fake smiles which do not reach the eyes.

I am similiar to how Maxima seems to be: I can cry one moment, from the bottom of my heart, just reading a book with a sad scene or watching a movie with an emotional scene (which is sometimes a bit awkward, as I cannot even control it, so imagine me, in a plane, crying just because the movie is so sad, and the purser asking me if I am allright ...), I'd cry until there are no further tears left ... and minutes after, if you tell me a joke, I'd burst with laughter. Absolutely normal for me. All "real".
The downsize is that I have also problems to hide anger or impatience (even when it would be appropriate to at least try to), as it shows on my face no matter what.
I don't calculate, I just hope that people accept my emotions, whatever they are.

Knowing my father his previous mentioned opinion also include the fake emotions  Wink So also the fake smile, which doesn't reach the eyes and/or are not reflected in the eyes. More the Mosh behaviour.

About Max & kids, there is a cute gif of Max and Vince doing a high five. More fun than I mostly see between Vince and his mum Mosh
QueenEM

Large Member

Argentina Argentina

I'm SWexxy and I know it

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2015, 07:15:11 PM »

Unlike Mosh, what you see of Maxima is genuine. Yes, she might be loud and have a diva streak but she does love her husband, she does love her kids, and of course she loves every single moment of being with people (adults and children) and it shows
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2015, 05:34:22 PM »

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2015, 05:37:53 PM »

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2015, 05:42:54 PM »

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2015, 06:34:29 PM »

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2016, 05:58:56 PM »

Maxima in Germany:
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2016, 06:00:01 PM »

Knowing my father his previous mentioned opinion also include the fake emotions  Wink So also the fake smile, which doesn't reach the eyes and/or are not reflected in the eyes. More the Mosh behaviour.

About Max & kids, there is a cute gif of Max and Vince doing a high five. More fun than I mostly see between Vince and his mum Mosh

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: