Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 'Remember Me' button  (Read 4368 times)
lupina

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« on: January 16, 2007, 10:50:27 PM »

Hello Thomas,
Would it be possible to have remember me button when one logs in? - a couple of times I have just translated something from a mag, (new thread) which takes a bit of time, and when I go to post it, I find that I am no longer logged in, and my post is swimming irretrievably in cyber space! Thanks!

lupina

Be who you are, and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind - Dr Seuss

The other RD - http://richarddawkins.net/
Thomas
Administrator
Medium Member

Denmark Denmark

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2007, 12:31:33 AM »

Its already there. If you use the login button in the top to log in there is a "Log me on automatically each visit" box you can check. That should make you always logged in. I know I am always logged in whenever I open the page
lupina

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2007, 06:41:20 AM »

I see it now.....! Can't understand why I get logged off in the middle of something though!

Be who you are, and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind - Dr Seuss

Thomas
Administrator
Medium Member

Denmark Denmark

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2007, 07:38:16 AM »

No, that sounds strange. Unless you have some special settings in your browser that clears your sessions after a certain time or something. Or you have a firewall, antivirus program that does it.
Thomas
Administrator
Medium Member

Denmark Denmark

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2007, 09:31:17 AM »

Does anyone else experience problems of this kind?

I know that the board can sometimes take along time to load. That is most likely because the server is somewhat underpowered. It's due for an upgrade but i can't say when it will happen.
Macaw
Banned
Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2007, 06:01:13 PM »

No, in fact, I seem to stay logged in for a very long time, if by chance I'm browsing around and forget to log ot (it's not a proiblem though).
lupina

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2007, 06:02:57 PM »

Thanks, - I tweeked a bit, and it now seems to be OK, so it must have been the settings!

lupina

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: