Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Charles and Camilla news and photos II  (Read 468636 times)
Carreen

Mini Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #2175 on: November 26, 2020, 11:10:06 AM »

I haven't watched the Crown but maybe I should, just to know what people are talking about. In any case, it's ridiculous to judge a person after watching a fictionalized account of her.

Marriages are difficult, personal and romantic relationships are complex, and nobody outside knows what's going on. In the case of royal relationships, that's even more difficult because everybody has invested interest.

I have grown to respect and like Camilla, and maybe the most admirable thing about her is that she has never told her side of the story. Everything we know about her role in the breakup of the Charles/Diana marriage has been told by others. She has simply kept her mouth shut. And I respect her for that.

I think she's doing a stellar job as Duchess of Cambridge, and she keeps Charles happy.

Maybe somebody should make a movie about her point of view? how it felt for her? what her choices were, and how she made them? what role her husband played? and other people around them? Maybe that would make people understand that the Crown is just ONE way of telling the story, and much of it has been inveted it seems (at least the actors emphasize it in every interview I've watched or read).

Isn't it possible to look at a human tragedy like the web of relationships surrounding Prince Charles and just NOT judge them all? There were more than just three people in that marriage. Many many more, including us as newspaper readers.

My parents got divorced in a long battle that overshadowed my youth for many years. Afterwards, my mother told me: never judge from the outside, I have found myself doing and saying things that I wouldn't have thought possible.

I have since seen many relationships disintegrate, including some of my own. It's never a pretty sight.

I wish Camilla the very best, may the storm calm down quickly.
Harley
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Denmark Denmark

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #2176 on: November 26, 2020, 12:41:17 PM »

Good post

fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #2177 on: November 26, 2020, 03:21:05 PM »

Indeed a very good post Carreen.
It does seem ridiculous to judge a person from a fictional description. But we have done so for..ever and we certainly won't stop this.
We have judged Richard III by what Shakespeare said about him, completely ignoring for centuries, that creative William was paid by Elizabeth who had a rather vested interest in having her families side come out fancy and glorious - considering that what her ancestors did was basically a coup...
And since you seem to be in Germany, Carreen, you can't possibly be ignorant of the fact, that most people think Romy Schneiders performance of Sissi was historical and accurate - yet apparently the movie managed to get everything wrong including the spelling of the nickname...
Someone posted that likely the cooperation with the Palace wouldcome to an end, now that the series is so sensationally, dramatically and incorrectly styled. Well I can see someone on Netflix' payroll laughing his aff off in his new home in Ca....

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Paulina

Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #2178 on: November 26, 2020, 06:20:57 PM »

I would so watch a movie from Camillas point of view.
Lady Liebe

Gigantic Member

Northern Parula

Ignore
« Reply #2179 on: November 26, 2020, 08:43:02 PM »

I wonder of either of her children will do a biography of her - most likely after she has passed on. It must be frustrating for children to see their mother pilloried as she has been.

"Let us remember that, as much has been given us, much will be expected from us, and that true homage comes from the heart as well as from the lips, and shows itself in deeds."

Theodore Roosevelt
Duchess of Verona

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #2180 on: November 26, 2020, 08:43:30 PM »

Paulina, you could just go back and read the Sun from1982-1992 . When Stuart Higgins was editor, he used to get a  minimum of  once weekly 'briefing' from Camilla to get her side out.

https://www.theroyalforum...ets-of-diana-1037-43.html

How anyone who could give a weekly briefing to a tabloid newspaper's editor  for 10 years could be ever considered 'discrete' is beyond me. Especially when it began 6 months into the Wales marriage. Sorry, but time has not washed off  Camilla as far as I am concerned. I'm prepared to tolerate her, but I will never be a fan.
RandyDrx

Mini Member

Indonesia Indonesia

Ignore
« Reply #2181 on: November 26, 2020, 08:53:40 PM »

I haven't watched the Crown but maybe I should, just to know what people are talking about. In any case, it's ridiculous to judge a person after watching a fictionalized account of her.

Marriages are difficult, personal and romantic relationships are complex, and nobody outside knows what's going on. In the case of royal relationships, that's even more difficult because everybody has invested interest.

I have grown to respect and like Camilla, and maybe the most admirable thing about her is that she has never told her side of the story. Everything we know about her role in the breakup of the Charles/Diana marriage has been told by others. She has simply kept her mouth shut. And I respect her for that.

I think she's doing a stellar job as Duchess of Cambridge, and she keeps Charles happy.

Maybe somebody should make a movie about her point of view? how it felt for her? what her choices were, and how she made them? what role her husband played? and other people around them? Maybe that would make people understand that the Crown is just ONE way of telling the story, and much of it has been inveted it seems (at least the actors emphasize it in every interview I've watched or read).

Isn't it possible to look at a human tragedy like the web of relationships surrounding Prince Charles and just NOT judge them all? There were more than just three people in that marriage. Many many more, including us as newspaper readers.

My parents got divorced in a long battle that overshadowed my youth for many years. Afterwards, my mother told me: never judge from the outside, I have found myself doing and saying things that I wouldn't have thought possible.

I have since seen many relationships disintegrate, including some of my own. It's never a pretty sight.

I wish Camilla the very best, may the storm calm down quickly.

You meant to write the Duchess of Cornwall right?
leatherface

Gigantic Member

Nigeria Nigeria

Ignore
« Reply #2182 on: November 26, 2020, 09:27:26 PM »

Paulina, you could just go back and read the Sun from1982-1992 . When Stuart Higgins was editor, he used to get a  minimum of  once weekly 'briefing' from Camilla to get her side out.

https://www.theroyalforum...ets-of-diana-1037-43.html

How anyone who could give a weekly briefing to a tabloid newspaper's editor  for 10 years could be ever considered 'discrete' is beyond me. Especially when it began 6 months into the Wales marriage. Sorry, but time has not washed off  Camilla as far as I am concerned. I'm prepared to tolerate her, but I will never be a fan.

I don't doubt that Camilla spoke to the press but I think she did it on Charles' behalf i.e. he gave her and his other friends permission to get the story HE wanted told out. I doubt she did it on her own behalf.

There is no lack of discretion if you are acting as a proxy for someone else, with that person's full knowledge and approval.
Duchess of Verona

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #2183 on: November 26, 2020, 09:32:50 PM »

Which would be why I would give the same answer about Charles. Time has not washed him off for me. I am prepared to tolerate him, but I will never be a fan. And the longer he allows the dumpster fires to continue, the more I dislike and lack respect for him. JMO.
leatherface

Gigantic Member

Nigeria Nigeria

Ignore
« Reply #2184 on: November 26, 2020, 09:50:00 PM »

Which would be why I would give the same answer about Charles. Time has not washed him off for me. I am prepared to tolerate him, but I will never be a fan. And the longer he allows the dumpster fires to continue, the more I dislike and lack respect for him. JMO.

I have the same reaction about Diana.

Time has given me distance and perspective but I will never be a fan either.

However, we are not parties to the situation and I just don't understand how the stans, especially the Sussex stans can take this so personally to sling hate and abuse at someone who they don't know or ever caused them any harm?
« Last Edit: November 26, 2020, 10:00:22 PM by leatherface » Logged
Duchess of Verona

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #2185 on: November 26, 2020, 10:06:32 PM »

Which is a reasonable answer. However,say whatever you like about the late Princess, Compared to the dumpster fires, The Princess worked tirelessly for the firm for 15 years. 72  engagements all in was the grand total for the dumpster fires.
leatherface

Gigantic Member

Nigeria Nigeria

Ignore
« Reply #2186 on: November 26, 2020, 10:12:32 PM »

Which is a reasonable answer. However,say whatever you like about the late Princess, Compared to the dumpster fires, The Princess worked tirelessly for the firm for 15 years. 72  engagements all in was the grand total for the dumpster fires.

I like to pretend to dumpster fires don't exist in real life and are just characters in a bad soap opera about a fictional royal family 
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #2187 on: November 26, 2020, 11:31:48 PM »

I like to pretend to dumpster fires don't exist in real life and are just characters in a bad soap opera about a fictional royal family 

Great advice LF!

So much drama and hurt could have been avoided if Charles had just been allowed to marry Camilla in the first place.
periwinkle

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #2188 on: November 27, 2020, 12:31:19 AM »

This conversation is making me think about my own biases in the Charles-Diana marriage. She was so charismatic that you couldn't help but be drawn in even if you didn't want to be. I think she was a mess but I only saw that after I got older. She was a mess in ways that weren't her fault she had a really lousy childhood despite material wealth. It seems her immaturity when she was thrown in as a suitable bride yielded to party girl because she never really had that life. The fact that her taste was pedestrian and Charles liked more cultured stuff was maybe a more superficial problem if two people can't figure out how to work it out and get to loving eyeroll stage lol. I so like Charles now but he was a mystery then. I think they were both hurt and hurtful during the marriage. It's funny watching The Crown now because I think they are portrayed as caricatures with horrible exaggerations but they never should have been married in the first place. I think Anne's character nailed it describing them. I'm having a hard time reconciling it all with the royal family the line between them caring deeply about how their team behaves and not caring enough to intervene or help is a strange one to me.
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: