Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Mountbattens  (Read 52531 times)
Carreen

Mini Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: November 28, 2020, 03:48:17 PM »

I just finished reading Mary Soames' memories of her life as Winston Churchill's daughter - a very lively book. She met Louis Mountbatten at official events, had even a little crush on him because he was so charming and funny (of course much older than she was and not always on one page with her father), but the funniest thing is: she and her sister called him privately "glamour pants". I won't be able to see pictures of him any more without thinking: glamour pants, glamour pants...

On Youtube, there's the 12 part series about his life. He really loves talking about himself but from what I've seen, there's great archival material - the short movie he and Edwina made with Charlie Chaplin for example.

Right now, after finishing quite a number of Churchill-focused books, I'm digging into the Mountbattens a bit more. Right now, I'm reading the book about Dickie and Edwina, but I have some more lined up.

As I mentioned above, I loved the book by Lady Pamela Hicks and gave it as a present to my mother (a retired English teacher with a burning love for anything British), and she loved it, too.

What an interesting family.
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: November 28, 2020, 06:07:13 PM »

I just finished reading Mary Soames' memories of her life as Winston Churchill's daughter - a very lively book. She met Louis Mountbatten at official events, had even a little crush on him because he was so charming and funny (of course much older than she was and not always on one page with her father), but the funniest thing is: she and her sister called him privately "glamour pants". I won't be able to see pictures of him any more without thinking: glamour pants, glamour pants...

On Youtube, there's the 12 part series about his life. He really loves talking about himself but from what I've seen, there's great archival material - the short movie he and Edwina made with Charlie Chaplin for example.

Right now, after finishing quite a number of Churchill-focused books, I'm digging into the Mountbattens a bit more. Right now, I'm reading the book about Dickie and Edwina, but I have some more lined up.

As I mentioned above, I loved the book by Lady Pamela Hicks and gave it as a present to my mother (a retired English teacher with a burning love for anything British), and she loved it, too.

What an interesting family.

They really are!  Very ahead of their time in a lot of ways, especially considering their otherwise royalist viewpoints.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: