Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Princess Antoinette of Monaco (1920-2011)  (Read 3823 times)
schmichaelira
Banned
Warned
Micro Member

United States United States

Ignore
« on: September 14, 2015, 05:07:23 AM »

I did not see a thread for her so I thought it would be fun to introduce one. This is a fascinating woman, guys.
I wrote this obituary for her shortly after her death: http://geekyroyalresearch...plores-extraordinary.html

She was sister of Prince Rainier III.

I am geekyroyalaficionado on instagram&youtube
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2015, 07:06:04 AM »

Great, SCH
CyrilSebastian

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2019, 11:01:40 PM »

Princess Antoinette had an English nanny. The English lady's name was Kathleen Wanstall. Nanny Wanstall was a cousin of Winston Churchill.
CyrilSebastian

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2019, 12:22:42 AM »

Princess Antoinette said, "Every day spent with my animals gives me great happiness. They all give me unbelievable joy."   
http://www.theirlifewasto...antoinette-of-monaco.html
Victoria38

Warned
Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2019, 10:10:17 AM »

Did Louis II marry his daughter's mother? I didn't think a child could be legitimised for the throne unless the parents married in a catholic ceremony.
CyrilSebastian

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2019, 11:23:40 PM »

Did Louis II marry his daughter's mother? I didn't think a child could be legitimised for the throne unless the parents married in a catholic ceremony.

It has been asserted that Louis II married Charlotte's mother in 1897. There is, however, no evidence for this allegation.
Ayla

Baby Member

Brazil Brazil

Hello Friends and Enemies!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2019, 08:35:30 PM »

Louis II never married to Marie Juliette, Charlotte became heiress of the Monegasque throne because, as I read, there wasn't any other person to govern the country after Louis' death. On 1911 a law recognized Charlotte as heiress of the throne, but this act was invalidated by the statutes of 1882, so they made another law in 1918 saying that adoptions were permitted, so Louis adopted Charlotte in 1919 in Paris. After the adoption, she became a Grimaldi, heiress of the throne and her grandfather, Albert I, gave her the title of Duchess of Valentinois.
LongMaySheReign

Micro Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2019, 10:37:43 PM »

Louis II never married to Marie Juliette, Charlotte became heiress of the Monegasque throne because, as I read, there wasn't any other person to govern the country after Louis' death. On 1911 a law recognized Charlotte as heiress of the throne, but this act was invalidated by the statutes of 1882, so they made another law in 1918 saying that adoptions were permitted, so Louis adopted Charlotte in 1919 in Paris. After the adoption, she became a Grimaldi, heiress of the throne and her grandfather, Albert I, gave her the title of Duchess of Valentinois.

Yes and France allowed it because the next in line after Louis II was his cousin the Duke of Urach who was the son of Princess Florestine of Monaco. No one wanted a German prince on the Monegasque throne.
CyrilSebastian

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2019, 03:46:58 AM »

Did Princess Antoinette try to have her first husband, Alexandre Noghes created a Prince?
tsarinya

Mini Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2019, 01:17:45 AM »

Did Princess Antoinette try to have her first husband, Alexandre Noghes created a Prince?
She wanted to have herself installed as regent and over throw her brother.

‘In about 1950 Antoinette, as the elder child, began to investigate the possibility of her replacing Prince Rainier on the throne of Monaco, with a view to her son eventually succeeding. She was supported in this endeavour by Jean-Charles Rey, president of the Conseil Nationale of Monaco, whom she had taken as a lover.
At this time Rainier was enjoying a 10-year affair with the beautiful French actress Gisèle Pascal, whom he had met when studying at Montpelier University. They were living together in a villa at St-Jean-Cap-Ferrat. Antoinette, who was of a meddlesome disposition, circulated the rumour that Gisèle was infertile, hoping to secure the succession for her own son.
It began to be said that a doctor had examined the actress and confirmed the rumour — which was later dispelled when she had a child in her marriage to the actor Raymond Pellegrin. At any event, Gisèle and Rainier split up in 1953, and the succession was finally assured in 1956 when he married Grace Kelly and went on to have three children of his own.’

- From her obituary in the telegraph. (https://www.telegraph.co....Antoinette-of-Monaco.html)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: