Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Harry as the next POW?  (Read 33177 times)
Sanguine

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: May 11, 2016, 11:05:53 PM »

Junor reported (I think it was her) that they think he has bad manners and acts like a Hooray Henry - apparently at dinner once he threw dinner biscuits across the table which offended the refined sensibilities of Ma Midd.  I suspect they think Pippa is too good for him.  He doesn't have enough money.

Aw, I'm sure Ma experienced plenty of food throwing in her days as a stewardess!

Sorry, what is a Hooray Henry?
LadyCate

Warned
Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: May 12, 2016, 12:33:48 AM »

Hooray Henry is an insulting term for dim witted poorly behaved English public school  types -
SpittingImage

Micro Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: May 12, 2016, 01:30:21 AM »

Junor reported (I think it was her) that they think he has bad manners and acts like a Hooray Henry - apparently at dinner once he threw dinner biscuits across the table which offended the refined sensibilities of Ma Midd.  I suspect they think Pippa is too good for him.  He doesn't have enough money.

Sorry, what is a Hooray Henry?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hooray_Henry
debbydeb

Gigantic Member

Indonesia Indonesia

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: May 12, 2016, 05:13:29 AM »

Moved from the Invictus Games thread so as not to derail that wonderful wonderful thread.

Elizabeth Marks the swimmer is Married!

Oh yes Harry put his hand on the swimmer's butt - Harry is all over - he pinches people's nipples - he hugs everyone - LOL -

Oh she's married! That scuttles DM's attempts quite handily doesn't it. Much like the woman who did Walk Britain (Ennis?) who already has a fiancee.
Harry's right, any time he's seen chummy with women, DM jumps like a shark in the Sahara. However, he's like that to the men as well, and in the military camaraderie transcends gender roles sometimes.

However, Marks is a very striking and photogenic woman, much as Ennis is a very pretty, tough girl-next-door, both very brave and have captured Britain's heart.
In an academic discussion, either would be an interesting Princess... and could overshadow Ma Midd's stellar daughter quite handily, I presume.

Purse speculation: it would be interesting during joint events.... :D

Or Ma Midds going "Why her and not Pippa??? Pippa is sporty too... Beautiful too (well in a mother's eyes, she's too orange these days).... have a world renowned butt..."
Thank goodness Pippa is also already taken so Ma Midds is not pushing her to Harry anymore. But if Ma Midds hate harry, why would she push Pippa to him?
She's setting up her daughter with misery??!!
LDJJ

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: May 12, 2016, 09:09:31 AM »

Moved from the Invictus Games thread so as not to derail that wonderful wonderful thread.

Oh yes Harry put his hand on the swimmer's butt - Harry is all over - he pinches people's nipples - he hugs everyone - LOL -

Oh she's married! That scuttles DM's attempts quite handily doesn't it. Much like the woman who did Walk Britain (Ennis?) who already has a fiancee.
Harry's right, any time he's seen chummy with women, DM jumps like a shark in the Sahara. However, he's like that to the men as well, and in the military camaraderie transcends gender roles sometimes.

However, Marks is a very striking and photogenic woman, much as Ennis is a very pretty, tough girl-next-door, both very brave and have captured Britain's heart.
In an academic discussion, either would be an interesting Princess... and could overshadow Ma Midd's stellar daughter quite handily, I presume.

Or Ma Midds going "Why her and not Pippa??? Pippa is sporty too... Beautiful too (well in a mother's eyes, she's too orange these days).... have a world renowned butt..."
Thank goodness Pippa is also already taken so Ma Midds is not pushing her to Harry anymore. But if Ma Midds hate harry, why would she push Pippa to him?

Ma would kill for the chance to have both daughters in the BRF.  If Harry had even suggested any possibility he would have been wined and dined by Ma like she did with William.  Problem is I think Harry being outside of these "family" dynamics probably saw very early on what was happening and wisely removed himself from the situation.  Rebuffing Ma's efforts probably earned him the alleged animosity more than bad table manners.  Ma also doesn't want little brother talking any sense into William.  Not that "Will I Am the Smartest" would ever listen to him. 
MahiyaBorden

Mini Member

Belgium Belgium

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: May 12, 2016, 10:47:00 AM »

It's funny how the narrative between the two brothers has changed.

Back when Harry would be spotted leaving a nightclub drunk, caught smoking marijuana, dressed in a Nazi costume, Harry was trashed in the press. Derservingly imo.  What they didn't tell us though, was that William was just as bad. They sold us the golden heir and the worthless spare by headlining Harry misdeeds and hiding Willie's ones.

Now that Harry has matured into a hardworking, caring and genuine young prince, well it's getting harder and harder to throw him under the Willie bus. So, the narrative has changed to Harry is the way he is because he's the spare; he doesn't have the burden of becoming King like the mighty William.

What the press should know is that actions speak louder than words. Harry is the real deal, he gets out there and works his a** off. Will and his dud of a wife are just fake that need PR and their kids to stay relevant. They know it, we know it. Let's just cut the BS and call them out on it.

PS: DM still playing at linking Harry with every girl he looks at. Pathetic...  Snore

LDJJ

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: May 12, 2016, 04:45:57 PM »

It's funny how the narrative between the two brothers has changed.

Back when Harry would be spotted leaving a nightclub drunk, caught smoking marijuana, dressed in a Nazi costume, Harry was trashed in the press. Derservingly imo.  What they didn't tell us though, was that William was just as bad. They sold us the golden heir and the worthless spare by headlining Harry misdeeds and hiding Willie's ones.

Now that Harry has matured into a hardworking, caring and genuine young prince, well it's getting harder and harder to throw him under the Willie bus. So, the narrative has changed to Harry is the way he is because he's the spare; he doesn't have the burden of becoming King like the mighty William.

What the press should know is that actions speak louder than words. Harry is the real deal, he gets out there and works his a** off. Will and his dud of a wife are just fake that need PR and their kids to stay relevant. They know it, we know it. Let's just cut the BS and call them out on it.

PS: DM still playing at linking Harry with every girl he looks at. Pathetic...  Snore

It's beyond pathetic, it's serious click bait.  But unfortunately that's the way DM rolls.
MidnightDiamond

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: May 12, 2016, 05:47:20 PM »

Can someone move the Midd talk to the Middleton thread? I don't want anyone getting in trouble and my internet is acting up.
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #143 on: May 12, 2016, 08:20:33 PM »

Ma would kill for the chance to have both daughters in the BRF.  If Harry had even suggested any possibility he would have been wined and dined by Ma like she did with William.  Problem is I think Harry being outside of these "family" dynamics probably saw very early on what was happening and wisely removed himself from the situation.  Rebuffing Ma's efforts probably earned him the alleged animosity more than bad table manners.  Ma also doesn't want little brother talking any sense into William.  Not that "Will I Am the Smartest" would ever listen to him. 

The Middletons are O/T!
JessDawn

Small Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: July 30, 2016, 06:33:04 AM »

As much as I prefer Harry over Whiny, let's not forget George and Charlotte. As another poster said, I DO HOPE both turn out to be hardworking with a sense of duty and closeness to their people, if not, welcome King Henry...

(Btw, George seems to be better in personality than Wills (but I'm not going that far because he's only 3), and there's probability he'll turn out better than his father, ej. Look at Frodo and Christian in Denmark. Future (and useless) monarchs are in the way (F&W) but hope is always there and good monarchs will follow (C&G; ironic because both are the only males who'll use the 'King' title.)

... and I can't wait who'll Harry choose as his wife, but she'll be far more dutiful, interesting and beautiful than the future Queenelton. Carole will scream real loud! Spiteful

MidnightDiamond

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: July 30, 2016, 06:47:20 AM »

If they take Will out they will take George and Charlotte out. They did it to Edward and future kids they will change it again to include William's entire line. It makes more sense to take them out than keep them in, it would be awkward for the public and royal family.
Jonathan

Huge Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Life's hard being fabulous

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: July 30, 2016, 08:53:27 AM »

It would take an Act of Parliament to change the line of succession. I don't see that happening.

Advice to my Brother on his wedding day

Never say

I know you do
I've had better
Did you say something
luvcharles

Warned
Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: July 30, 2016, 10:02:50 AM »

When Edward took himself out of the line of succession the legislation covered future unborn children. There is a big difference between taking out a possible future child and taking out two who are already here.

It won't just require legislation in the UK however but in the other realms as well and they will need convincing that there is some reason to remove William - being lazy isn't a good enough reason. It wasn't necessary in Edward's case because the then dominions had a different relationship to the UK than they do now. They were asked to consent and did so as Edward agreed to the legislation which was seen as him asking to be removed. William won't ask to be removed.

LDJJ

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: July 30, 2016, 07:14:52 PM »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but an Act of Parliament is a man made item.  If man created the current laws/regulations they can change them to suit whatever situation presents itself.  If William were to decide to step away, I honestly cannot see him insisting that his children remain in the line as he would then be required to raise them for their future responsibilities (which he can't seem to do himself) or hand them over for raising by the BRF.  I don't see him letting that happen either.

As their legal guardian he can speak for his children and make that request.  If he says he wants out how can other members of the Commonwealth say "nope, sorry we're going to make you stay"?  And why would they want his children if he doesn't want the job?  Again, man made regulations so they can be changed should the need arise.

JMHO
Music in Motion

Warned
Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: July 30, 2016, 07:54:32 PM »

I think if William abdicates or is taken out of the line of succession due to laziness or some scandal, it would be the end of the monarchy. What is the point of a line of succession if people can just pop themselves and their kids out?  Why even have a monarchy if the people benefiting from it aren't interested in their end of the bargain?  Times and attitudes have changed so much since Edward and Wallis, I think the monarchy itself is much more fragile and wouldn't survive an abdication.

George is in line for the throne and all the money and property that goes with it. It would tick me off greatly if WILLIAM alters his son's future so drastically by asking he be taken out of the line just because William doesn't wand the burden of being King.

I love Harry, he's doing great things, but he's not going to be POW.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: