Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 40   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: For (new) posters on RoyalDish.  (Read 287557 times)
Cordelia Fitzgerald

Small Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #510 on: April 28, 2020, 08:08:51 PM »

Hi everyone and thank you for such a warm welcome!  I'm already so happy to have joined this board...I can't tell you how much I've learned in the time I've followed it, and honestly I've shared a lot of tidbits with my students as well (and I'm delighted to say that I have some students who are now as obsessed with tiaras as I am!)!   Smiley

I have two quite unimportant questions:

1.)  Why was the late Prince Henrik referred to as the Dame?

2.)  Would there be any interest in a thread where people explain why they chose their usernames?  I'm not trying to sleuth out people's real identities by any means but some of these names are so random/interesting/unique that I'm curious as to why they were chosen.  i.e. I'm a massive Anne of Green Gables fan (books only, please...no movies) so Cordelia Fitzgerald seemed a logical name to choose!  No worries if a thread like that is a nonstarter!  Smiley
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #511 on: April 28, 2020, 10:01:56 PM »

HI Cordelia,
Question 1) is easy: Henrik was a bit of a flamboyant, eccentric personality with a lot of flair and a lot of drama or shall we even call it melodrama? He was definitely a lady's man, no question about that, but not butch and very theatrical. The nickname simply refers to this "Musical" side.. It is one of the ( I think Thinking) fewer nicknames on this board that is actually rather affectionally used.

2) I am pretty sure we have a thread somewhere deep deep in the archives about our usernames. Obviously that would be rather old and many if not most current posters would not feature. But I do think there is one, in which the Queen of the Troll kingdom tells her story.. Tongue
My name is self explanatory: I am a fairy, used to be a tooth fairy, but nowadays I'm trading more in other sorts of wisdom...

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Paulina

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #512 on: April 28, 2020, 10:41:55 PM »

Hi Cordelia,

Welcome!

Fairy trades in the BEST wisdom. We have a number of wise, longtime souls here. My name, Paulina, was my cat. A beautiful princess if ever there was one. She was alive when I started on RD, but passed away about 8 years ago.
Cordelia Fitzgerald

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #513 on: April 28, 2020, 11:44:57 PM »

Thanks for the explanations!   Star

For some reason, I was reading "Dame" in my mind as da-may, which makes no sense; perhaps I thought it was a Spanish nickname?  That makes no sense either since the last time I took Spanish, Fergie and Andrew were still married!  Laugh bounce

And thanks for the explanations of your names...it's fun to hear these stories!

Edit:  I remember reading the posts that led to the TrollSpoon nickname...can't remember when or which thread!  Paulina, I'm sorry your kitty passed away Sad  I'm sitting here struggling to type as my rescue kitty is trying to pin down both of my hands.  Fairy, you definitely bring the sparkle and wisdom!
« Last Edit: April 28, 2020, 11:51:58 PM by Cordelia Fitzgerald » Logged
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #514 on: April 29, 2020, 12:18:13 AM »

For some reason, I was reading "Dame" in my mind as da-may, which makes no sense; perhaps I thought it was a Spanish nickname?  That makes no sense either since the last time I took Spanish, Fergie and Andrew were still married!  Laugh bounce

Edit:  I remember reading the posts that led to the TrollSpoon nickname...can't remember when or which thread!  Paulina, I'm sorry your kitty passed away Sad  I'm sitting here struggling to type as my rescue kitty is trying to pin down both of my hands.  Fairy, you definitely bring the sparkle and wisdom!

I chose my name because, well, I donít like to brag, but Iím very rich and famous and it would make everyone uncomfortable if they knew who I really believe I am.
lothwen

Warned
Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #515 on: April 29, 2020, 04:54:19 AM »

I chose my name because, well, I donít like to brag, but Iím very rich and famous and it would make everyone uncomfortable if they knew who I really believe I am.

I chose my username by Googling ďElvish namesĒ and liking Lothwen the best.
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #516 on: April 29, 2020, 08:32:42 AM »

Welcome on board!

I choose by username for the love of bling-bling (jewellery, tiaras etc.)

Kristall means crystal in English and "chen" is the diminutive.
Tatini

Gigantic Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #517 on: April 29, 2020, 08:43:46 AM »

My nickname is my kitty's name Ė the cutie in my account picture.  Smiley
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #518 on: April 29, 2020, 08:57:06 AM »

Thanks for the explanations!   Star

For some reason, I was reading "Dame" in my mind as da-may, which makes no sense; perhaps I thought it was a Spanish nickname?  That makes no sense either since the last time I took Spanish, Fergie and Andrew were still married!  Laugh bounce

Edit:  I remember reading the posts that led to the TrollSpoon nickname...can't remember when or which thread!  Paulina, I'm sorry your kitty passed away Sad  I'm sitting here struggling to type as my rescue kitty is trying to pin down both of my hands.  Fairy, you definitely bring the sparkle and wisdom!

Oh come on Karen... we all know who you are: you love to make people squirm in their seats... Hug

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #519 on: April 29, 2020, 10:08:12 AM »

because when I'm not dishing about royals, I'm listening to obscure indie music

Cool your jets, everyone
Harley
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Denmark Denmark

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #520 on: April 29, 2020, 02:42:21 PM »

My name refers to my spirit animal aka the Clown Princess of Crime, aka Harley Quinn.

Back in 2010 when I signed up, she wasnít as well known a character as she is today but Iíve loved her since the 90íies (when she was a much better written character).

emtishell

Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #521 on: April 29, 2020, 03:25:40 PM »

Mine is a combo of my 4 kids initials (emti) and the shortened version of my real name. Iíve used it for usernames etc for many years!
Chandrasekhi

Gigantic Member

Vanuatu Vanuatu

The Memorial Wall along the Southbank in London

Ignore
« Reply #522 on: April 29, 2020, 03:57:52 PM »

Chandrasekhi: from the Chandrasekhar Limit - at the limit of stability before collapse: the sweet spot

The Book Fairies are joining judges and contributors to the #HoldStill2020 project to mark the release of the beautiful book! We are leaving copies at places that gave us hope during lockdowns. #HSBookFairies #ibelieveinbookfairies
Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #523 on: April 29, 2020, 06:21:23 PM »

Thistle  is one of my favourite flowers and has a royal connection, Order of the Thistle. It is Scottish and has the most awesome dark green ropes!

One of my favourite pictures of QEII was taken with the Thistle ropes, the Vladimir in its emerald splendor and at Balmoral! It is so amazing Star

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #524 on: April 29, 2020, 07:02:08 PM »

All nice and interesting explanations....I have no real reason for my name. It was royal, sounded nice and was available  Wink
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 40   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: