Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: For (new) posters on RoyalDish.  (Read 83982 times)
Lady Lurker

Baby Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: December 14, 2017, 11:15:57 PM »

Thanks Heaps pixieCat and CathyJane for the welcome.

Could anyone help me?  I have been trying to find out how to give stars and other general board information.
Someone (please forgive me, I forgot who) said that there is a button under the persons name.  I can't seem to find that.
Perhaps, being a newbie, I am unable to give stars?  That's OK, I just want to know.

If someone could point me to the correct thread where the explainations are, I would be most greatful. I am usually pretty good at researching information.  So I was reluctant and rather embarrassed to ask.

Thank you,
LL
Kaiserin

Big Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: December 14, 2017, 11:27:29 PM »

Below the name, member status and the status stars (which come automatically depending on your number of posts) on the left of each post, you see the word "Reputation:" and a number. This is the actual number of "stars" = reputation points a poster has.

To "give" a star to a poster, just click the link Add below the Reputation line.

You may do that without actually pointing it out openly, clicking on "Add" will just add one rep point to the totals this poster has.

But usually, posters here point out that they "gave" a reputation point by posting the star smiley  Star together with a small explanation.

AFAIK, giving reputation points is limited to one  Star in 24 hours per poster. This is why you will sometimes find posts like "a  Star in 24" or " Star when time allows" (heck, to figure that out took me MONTHS ...).
Lady Lurker

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #347 on: December 14, 2017, 11:46:37 PM »

Below the name, member status and the status stars (which come automatically depending on your number of posts) on the left of each post, you see the word "Reputation:" and a number. This is the actual number of "stars" = reputation points a poster has.

To "give" a star to a poster, just click the link Add below the Reputation line.

You may do that without actually pointing it out openly, clicking on "Add" will just add one rep point to the totals this poster has.

But usually, posters here point out that they "gave" a reputation point by posting the star smiley  Star together with a small explanation.

AFAIK, giving reputation points is limited to one  Star in 24 hours per poster. This is why you will sometimes find posts like "a  Star in 24" or " Star when time allows" (heck, to figure that out took me MONTHS ...).

Thank you, Kaiserin  for the speedy reply.  Unfortunately, I am not seeing the link Add below the reputation line.
This is why I thought that newbies can't give stars until a certain number of posts have been made.
I will keep looking for the elusive button.  Until then, I will just have to show my appreciation with words.
Thank you again.
Lady Lurker

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: December 14, 2017, 11:51:14 PM »

Good Heavens!  Now I am really embarrassed!

I see the add link under the reputation now!!!

Such a fuss for nothing.  Thanks again for patiently explaining this to me.

Star for you! 
Olya

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: December 15, 2017, 12:16:21 AM »

Star for you! 

It's possible that the function was "opened" for you once you hit 10 posts.

Most forums operate the same way, and "privileges" or "functions" become available depending on how a forum is run (all have their own rules), but generally accounts have to be X old and/ or have posted X posts until new or certain functions and features open up!
So no worries and ask away, we've all been there and all still learn  Wink Thumb up
Lady Lurker

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #350 on: December 15, 2017, 11:07:41 PM »

Star for you! 

It's possible that the function was "opened" for you once you hit 10 posts.

Most forums operate the same way, and "privileges" or "functions" become available depending on how a forum is run (all have their own rules), but generally accounts have to be X old and/ or have posted X posts until new or certain functions and features open up!
So no worries and ask away, we've all been there and all still learn  Wink Thumb up

Thanks Olya, I'm going to go with your explaination.  I would hate to think I was THAT unobservant! 
Truly, I didn't see it before.  So glad I can now. 
Baby steps.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: