Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Charles and Camilla's Australia Tour November 2015  (Read 18492 times)
Kashka

Small Member

Barbados Barbados

Ignore
« on: October 14, 2015, 02:06:02 PM »

It has just been announced that Charles & Camilla will visit Australia & New Zealand on a 12-day tour.

The royal couple will visit Adelaide, Canberra, Sydney, Albany and Perth during their time in Australia from November 10 to 15.

Source: http://www.abc.net.au/new...come-to-australia/6852296
OrangeBanana

Large Member

Christmas Island Christmas Island

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2015, 03:12:26 PM »

^
I wonder if Harry will lay Charles' wreath during the Remembrance Sunday ceremony again. He stood in for his father in 2013, while Charles was in India.

MidnightDiamond

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2015, 03:31:00 PM »

^
I wonder if Harry will lay Charles' wreath during the Remembrance Sunday ceremony again. He stood in for his father in 2013, while Charles was in India.

Shouldn't William lay his wreath and Harry or Kate lay Williams?
Tatini

Huge Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2015, 05:13:34 PM »

Good for Australia and New Zealand, this is probably HM's way to apologize for sending the Cambridge clowns there last year
OrangeBanana

Large Member

Christmas Island Christmas Island

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2015, 01:50:34 AM »

^

I think that's unnecessarily complex. Harry laid Charles' wreath before and it was fine.
Kate struggles keeping a solemn demeanor, simply observing the remembrance service. I doubt they trust her to do anything else, even though the Queen's lady-in-waiting likely holds her credit card hostage until it's all over.

perdie

Medium Member

Svalbard and Jan Mayen Svalbard and Jan Mayen

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2015, 01:53:15 AM »

It has just been announced that Charles & Camilla will visit Australia & New Zealand on a 12-day tour.

The royal couple will visit Adelaide, Canberra, Sydney, Albany and Perth during their time in Australia from November 10 to 15.

They're visiting 5 cities in 5 days?  Where are the days off in luxury spas?
luvcharles

Warned
Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2015, 01:56:09 AM »

^

William will lay his own.

Harry normally doesn't lay a wreath but does do so when he stands in for his father.
Kashka

Small Member

Barbados Barbados

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2015, 02:02:44 PM »

They're visiting 5 cities in 5 days?  Where are the days off in luxury spas?
They are not the precious Snowflake and her Seahorse, don'tcha know?
These oldies need to work for a living... ;-)
Noodlesza

Gigantic Member

South Africa South Africa

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2015, 10:51:00 AM »

when do they arrive?

Keen!
luvcharles

Warned
Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2015, 12:08:35 PM »

I believe they are arriving in NZ on Wednesday and then coming to Australia and will be here for Charles' birthday on the 14th.

I haven't seen an itinerary at all other than what Rob Jobson said on Sunrise this morning.
Noodlesza

Gigantic Member

South Africa South Africa

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2015, 01:37:37 PM »

^ Thank you Smiley

Keen!
Ellie

Warned
Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2015, 08:06:37 PM »

Didn't they just go to Aus/NZ a few years back? Then again, aren't these things organized by the host countries, ie they invite the royals they want. I'm always fascinated by how these things must be planned and how it all works.

I hope it gets a bit of press. I am curious as to what they'll be up to. We know they'll be busy!
LadyCate

Warned
Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2015, 08:26:17 PM »

I'd bet this was planned when Abbott was still PM and I wonder how enthused the AUS gov is about the visit since they have a new PM?

One of the new PM's first acts was to get rid of the re-established dames and knights that Abbott had  put in.
luvcharles

Warned
Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2015, 09:48:45 PM »

Mr Abbott and Mr Key did send the invitations much earlier this year. The tour was announced in March although the details still haven't been published in the mainstream media here where basically no one knows they are coming.

The process for these tours is that an invitation is sent usually to The Queen who then decides who to send and she is conscious of who should be visiting which countries for the future as well as for the present. Once The Queen has accepted the invitation and made it clear who she is sending the governments and the household of the royal concerned work out an itinerary that will suit the visiting royal e.g. Charles as a young man had many visits to beaches, one of which he is recreating, I believe on this tour, while William and Kate also did 'young person' events that you won't see Charles and Camilla doing. They were here three years ago and included a visit to the Melbourne Cup as Camilla in particular but also Charles enjoy the races. If there is a 'reason' for the tour e.g. Harry's visit in 2011 for the Naval Review then there will be events around that but if it is just a tour because it is 'time' then they will include a range of events.

Mr Turnbull - an avowed republican, who lead the Republican campaign during the 1999 referendum, will behave in an appropriate manner as he understands the way Australia is governed at the moment - just as the Labor leaders have done when in the position of PM and many of them also invited royals to visit the nation for one reason of another.
Ellie

Warned
Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2015, 10:29:52 PM »

You are a treasure trove of information, luvcharles. Thank you!  Star
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: