Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Heirs not suited for their position.  (Read 23855 times)
dwi

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2015, 11:32:47 PM »

well there's always the claim that the monarachy brings money to the country and they're great ambassadors, etc.  they could still be ambassadors, but why does the country have to pay for their housing, travel, clothing, etc.?  in essence, everything. plus, they seem to get more money each year for cost of living.   they should pay for their own homes and clothing.  if they're doing something on official business where they need to travel, then i can see the country helping to pay for it, but don't understand why many of the monarchies don't pay taxes either.  but the few monarchies left are going to fight tooth and nail to continue to live as royals.  so regardless of how unsuitable the next set of heirs are, nothing will change even if they do a poor job.
getafix
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2015, 05:33:29 AM »

well there's always the claim that the monarachy brings money to the country and they're great ambassadors, etc.  they could still be ambassadors, but why does the country have to pay for their housing, travel, clothing, etc.?  in essence, everything. plus, they seem to get more money each year for cost of living.   they should pay for their own homes and clothing.  if they're doing something on official business where they need to travel, then i can see the country helping to pay for it, but don't understand why many of the monarchies don't pay taxes either.  but the few monarchies left are going to fight tooth and nail to continue to live as royals.  so regardless of how unsuitable the next set of heirs are, nothing will change even if they do a poor job.

Star

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
rosella

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2015, 06:41:11 AM »

^ However, many monarchs are Heads of State in constitutional monarchies. Heads of State do live in homes that are designated for that position, like the White House, Elysee Palace etc. Where else are heads of their country expected to live?

Each constitutional monarchy does things differently and is paid differently. In Britain Queen Elizabeth attends to her red boxes (containing government business) each day. Is she supposed to clock on and clock off when she performs this task? She dresses for her position as Head of State. If it was up to her she would probably wear tweed skirts, jumpers and jodhpurs.

As I said, each country that's a constitutional monarchy pays its King/Queen and consort and other royals differently. In Britain only the Queen and Prince Philip are paid directly by British taxpayers. Charles as POW has Duchy of Cornwall money, a system that's lasted since the 1300's. Sorry, but not everything's as simple as deciding the head of the country should only be paid this and can't be paid that.
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2015, 09:33:17 AM »

Let's see:

- Viccan and Dan are great!  Thumb up Her siblings (especially CP and the Snake) will create problems.
- Hakoon would be great - if there wasn't MM like a millstone around his neck. MM is as unsuitable and unlikeable as in the beginning.
- Frodo seems mentally unstable and he seems very lazy. Mares is too ambitious and not very likeable, but at least working.
- Netherland: Too early to say, but the three As are coming along very nicely. Bea has done a great job with her three boys and I think WA
  and Max are on the same road. So  Thumb up
- Lux: No hope there. Neither Gui nor Steph are likeable. Both are lazy. Steph is frumpy.
- Bel: They are doing a great job. But there is always a Stepford vibe around them. So they seem a bit unapproachable. But Elizabeth is too
  young.
- Spain: Felipe and Leti are doing a great job.  Thumb up Girls are coming along nicely. We just don't know if the Spaniards do not prefer the
  Republic.
- GB: Charles and Camilla will be very old and the glamour will be missing. Not much hope for Wills and Kate that they will rock the show. 
  Thumb down
- Monaco: Looked rather hopeless, but things have improved a lot since arrival of twins. I just hope the twins do not turn out as trashy as
  the Cashiragis (Alex is okay, so there is hope!).
jigmesjigga

Medium Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2015, 04:55:38 PM »

It might be easier to declare who is actually suited for the eventual monarch position if it came open right this minute (who is of age, who knows with the ones still in school and younger).  These are all currently extremely long shots and purely in my fantasies.

GREAT BRITAIN: If only...1) Anne is the most capable of them all. 
2) Harry is certainly more well-suited for the British throne than William at the moment, if only he brings more general interest (his own and the public's) and a sense of glamour and cheekiness to his public role.  How he conducts his private life doesn't seem that important to people, though this may be because he is not the heir.

DENMARK: If only...1) Benedikte
2) Joachim is clearly more well-suited than Fred. More dignified, more adept, more alert, more interested and engaged, more suitable spouse and children...

NORWAY: This is one area where I'll take the child over any of the adults: Ingrid-Alexandra.  I don't even know anything about her but she probably has more sense than her parents and aunt and uncle put together.

SWEDEN: Victoria is the clear choice, luckily.  Whew!  Stay healthy!

LUXEMBOURG: Louis.  He's demonstrated growth and maturity that his older brothers don't seem to have.

cordtx

Warned
Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2015, 08:59:22 AM »

I agree about Anne, would take her and her children over Charles, et al , in a second.
I would think the UK would feel more comfortable with Anne as well, so like her mother
EstellesBows

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2015, 10:44:05 AM »

But what does feminism do with unsuitable "heirs"? Fred, Haakon, Willa, Gui are unsuitable but they are not women. Mary, MM, Kate and Steph are not heirs. Yes, internet exposes them. Many past monarchs would have been deemed unsuitable if there's internet during their reign. Plus, current heirs are under a lot more scrutiny because of the trend leaning toward republics. I don't think any heirs have job security (except maybe Frodo because Danes seem to like him and monarchy no matter what  Roll Eyes). Everyone will have to earn his or her position.

I think that while the internet is much harsher towards women than it is to men, we've seen cases of 'lazy, entitled and unsuitable heirs marrying likeminded women'.

I don't know much about Gui because I don't follow the Luxs much, but Frodo and Willnot resented their roles and had a severe case of 'Why me?' syndrome long before they met Mosh and Waity. Neither of them married women who challenged them to be better or are particularly intelligent or charismatic or charming, they married women who had visions of lounging around palaces wearing diamond tiaras who completely enable their laziness. So they never broke out of their lazy and entitled cycle. If they weren't royals and were normal couples, they'd be those people who resent working for a living and always whine about it with Mosh and Waity having as many kids as possible to avoid working.

Haakon could have been fine if he fell for a more suitable woman. MM is ridiculous.

i did not come to play with you hoes, i came to slay bitch.
Sunshine

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2015, 12:17:49 AM »

Spain: I think it was a blessing in the sky the King abdicate. Filip and Leti is doing a superb job. Also Leti compliment her hubby.

Netherlands: WaxMax are doing great. Also another example of having a good hard working wife.

Belgium: the new king and queen are excellent and doing good. Another example of choosing educated, intelligent and hard working wife.

Britain: Thank God for the queen I pray God bless her to see many more years.. Charles and Camilla is doing great and will do good after the queen pass.

Lux: the current king and queen doing excellent. I still have hope for Guil. Steph, well, I think she carve out her own role. I think the is a tag along wife with a scarf. She will show up when her hubby show up.

Denmark: I hope the queen life a very long life. I believe Mosh will overshadow Fred as she has more presence, more hard working and she choose some good charities. Plus she is well dressed and put together so with her Danish Monarch can manage with her.

Monaco: well I don't see a change it is what it is.

Norway: May the current king and queen life to see many years.  I believe H can manage if he becomes king but it will be a strain  on him as he doesn't seem to have a helpful and supportive spouse compare to Spain, Belgium, and Netherland. MM seem wishy washy. She doesn't seems reliable and interesting in her role. So sad.
Trier1

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2015, 11:29:40 AM »

Lux has no king, Henri is the only reigning grand duke. I just think that some of the current heirs are married to unsuitable partners for this job. I think that Fred, Haakon and Gui would be ok, not great but ok, if they managed to get rid of their unsuitable wives. I exclude the underage heirs since they are just children and we have no idea how they will be as adults (so no comments on Spain, Belgium, the Netherlands, Monaco). I just hope that some of them never see the throne since I think that monarchies are outdated and against modern constitutions (nobody is better because they did win the vagina lottery, so nobody deserves to inherit the position as head of state)
Raquel123

Warned
Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2016, 07:53:17 AM »

Charles is very old but have 50 years of experience. He isdamn ready.
Now William.. That man is boring and lost his lacks and he is lazy.
I perfer harry he not a looker but he got charms and sense of humor.. Caring too.
lizzie78

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2016, 02:10:56 AM »

William is very clearly not ready for his position and I wonder how much longer he thinks he has to 'prepare'?  He can't keep going like this too much longer, no matter how reluctant he is.
esther angeline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2016, 05:46:20 AM »

Charles is very old but have 50 years of experience. He isdamn ready.
Now William.. That man is boring and lost his lacks and he is lazy.
I perfer harry he not a looker but he got charms and sense of humor.. Caring too.

Charles is 67 .  Not sure that makes him very old.  Now the Queen at 90 and Prince Philip at almost 95:  now THAT  is old!  Yikes Yikes
Jonathan

Huge Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Life's hard being fabulous

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2016, 02:51:12 PM »

If we have to have a royal family then I would like to vote for the next monarch. Ann would get mine.

Advice to my Brother on his wedding day

Never say

I know you do
I've had better
Did you say something
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2016, 03:47:25 PM »

If we have to have a royal family then I would like to vote for the next monarch. Ann would get mine.
Thumb up
Yes and she would rock that buck.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
JessDawn

Small Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2017, 07:09:07 AM »

▪ Belgium: Elisabeth - Suited
▪ Denmark: Frederik/Christian - Not Suited and Suited
▪ Liechtenstein: Alois/Joseph Wenzel - ?
▪ Luxembourg: Guillaume - Not Suited
▪ Monaco: Jacques - N/A (Gabriella  Angry )
▪ Netherlands: Catharina-Amalia - Suited
▪ Norway: Haakon/Ingrid Alexandra - Not Suited and Suited (Haakon and Olav Lorentzen though  Sad )
▪ Spain: Leonor - Suited
▪ Sweden: Victoria/Estelle - Both Suited
▪ UK: Charles/William/George - Suited, Not Suited and N/A

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: