Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Heirs not suited for their position.  (Read 22298 times)
PrincessofScots

Baby Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2017, 10:43:50 AM »

If we have to have a royal family then I would like to vote for the next monarch. Ann would get mine.
Thumb up
Yes and she would rock that buck.
Star I agree Yes Anne is one of the most working woman in the BRF right now. I think she has all the qualities to be a great monarch
If only...
Lady Alice

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2017, 01:17:10 PM »

▪ Belgium: Elisabeth - Suited
▪ Denmark: Frederik/Christian - Not Suited and Suited
▪ Liechtenstein: Alois/Joseph Wenzel - ?
▪ Luxembourg: Guillaume - Not Suited
▪ Monaco: Jacques - N/A (Gabriella  Angry )
▪ Netherlands: Catharina-Amalia - Suited
▪ Norway: Haakon/Ingrid Alexandra - Not Suited and Suited (Haakon and Olav Lorentzen though  Sad )
▪ Spain: Leonor - Suited
▪ Sweden: Victoria/Estelle - Both Suited
▪ UK: Charles/William/George - Suited, Not Suited and N/A

I'd say it's hard to tell if the kids are suited yet. When Wm was Christian's age, he was the next coming of the Savior. Look at what the last fifteen years have done to him - he's fizzled out and become a whiny little man-child who made a huge mistake in his choice of spouse. Charles will be fine. But William? He's rather scary.

Haakon, left to himself, will be fine - he's got the background and a good relationship with his father. But he seems so oddly passive where M-M is concerned, and she does her own thing. The dynamics of the family are strange, though, when you look at the bigger picture: why does M-L talk to angels? Why does Haakon seem to not mind being cuckolded? What went wrong in their home life with Harald and Sonja that they both have these odd little weaknesses? He does need to dump M-M - she's just an anchor he has to drag around. In light of all that, Ingrid-Alexandra seems to have her head screwed on straight - she has that gaze in her eyes that QEII had at that age: looking at her destiny firmly and calmly; she has a strong spirit. But how much will the chaos in her home life affect her? Only time will tell.

Guillaume is such a question mark - I think at the basic level he's educated and qualified, and he does his rounds with aplomb; but like Wm, his choice of spouse in light of his position is puzzling. It seems like such a mismatch, and she doesn't seem to support him at all. The next five years will tell, I think, with him.

But with the heirs that are still minors, there is one in particular that has loads of potential: Elisabeth of Belgium. Her parents have her already giving speeches. In that role, there's only one way to learn the job, and that's by doing it. She's already confident at such a young age, and she has loving and supportive parents that have her back. She's been a pleasure to watch as she grows up.

Leonor has potential - if she can stay out of the family b.s. and navigate the stormy politics of her country, she's going to do fine; like Elisabeth, she has a stable home life and loving parents, which makes all the difference in the world.

Amalia - same as Leonor, but she's in a stronger position. The DRF seems to have their stuff together across the generations, and it has to be invaluable that her retired grandmother is still around help her navigate her path.

Christian, I think, has great challenges: the Donaldson genetics, a need to somehow overcome his effed-up parents and their fractured relationship, and the poisonous family politics. We all know Marge's indifference (and Dame's issues in that regard) to her children, and that this sort of poison trickles down the generations. I hope that his relationship with Isabella - which seems close in public - shores him up, because he'll need the support, especially with Plasti-Mor.

It's too early to tell with the littles (Estelle, Jacques, George), but Estelle has a strong personality. It's going to be interesting.

Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2017, 07:35:43 PM »

Star Lady Alice

I think what happened to Guillaume is that he grew up very sheltered and a lot of focus was on proper education, proper friends, very Catholic life. I think he is lacking a lot of common sense and the way to interact with "normal" people because he was never part of this normality.
I think this also explains his strange choice - he chose a woman that was very much alike him - formally well educated, from a sheltered noble background and very Catholic. They might work well together, they are just rather odd in the outside world.
ralf103

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2017, 08:18:14 PM »

Charles
I think he is suited to be King and has been a good heir. He has enough experience and cares enough about the monarchy to do what he can to make sure everything he does is for its benefit. Yes he has made some mistakes in his life but I think he did so with good intentions. Camilla will do everything to help Charles and isn't fussed about the titles etc to let it be a problem.

Guillaume
I think we simply don't see him enough to know. Part of me still wants to believe this is simply how its done in Luxembourg with the heir but I really don't know. I worry that it is widely said he is friends with the current Lux PM, that seems a bit of a worry given that a head of state should be above politics IMO. Stephanie is no strength to him but I think out of all the RFs Lux is the one where the spouse can get away with doing least and be less of a drag on the GD.

Victoria
Perfect...roll on the reign of Victoria!  I think she has the perfect work ethic and knowledge to be a fantastic sovereign. Daniel is an asset to her and will support her fantastically, maybe even suggesting some changes to the way the Court is run etc (I think there is something of Prince Philip about him) In some ways I worry that she is so popular that the only way to go in down but I can't see her having any scandals to make that popularity dip.

Haakon
I think he is good and dedicated but I really worry about MM and I think she will have an impact on him as Sovereign. I think there are going to be a lot of scandals involving MM in his reign, the question is whether he is strong enough to weather them or take action, I think she has too strong a hold on him.

Frederik
Well... he could just about do a good job I think. If he can put aside some of his sport obsession and replace that time with doing duties etc I think he will do a reasonable job. In some ways Mary is a strength to him as she won't let them become unpopular and so that will help him but I do think she is more interested in the wrong things - jewels, dresses, getting the top gigs at UN charities etc rather than being bothered about actually doing good work. If Fred was really clever he would find a way to channel her PR savvy and ignore her on all other matters.

As for the other heirs I really don't think we know enough about the kids or that they are developed enough as a people to say how well or not they will do.
lothwen

Warned
Medium Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2017, 10:25:36 PM »

▪ Norway: Haakon/Ingrid Alexandra - Not Suited and Suited (Haakon and Olav Lorentzen though  Sad )

Christian is only 11. I think we need to wait until he's an adult before we know if he's suited to rule. Same with Estelle, Leonor, and all other minors.

LadyBunion

Large Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2017, 11:05:22 PM »

How does Olav Lorentzen come into the list?

JessDawn

Small Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2017, 06:07:04 AM »

How does Olav Lorentzen come into the list?

Oh, that was a mistake, I was actually talking with a friend about other NRF's minor members but guess I accidentally wrote it down here and didn't check twice.  Blush

JessDawn

Small Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2017, 06:15:00 AM »

Christian is only 11. I think we need to wait until he's an adult before we know if he's suited to rule. Same with Estelle, Leonor, and all other minors.

I'm not trying to say that. My comment meant if they had the 'potential', not that they were 100% suited. (Forgot to write down that. I need to be more specific.  Crazy )

fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2017, 02:17:49 PM »

I am keeping the minors out, even someone so dedicated and somber like Elisabeth of Belgium can still go off the rails and since they all hopefully have a lot of time left to first grow up before they assume any real official role, I can reserve my judgement.
Esp. since apparently it all hinges on the intelligent choice of spouse!
Wimlex was the most boring and dishwasher-ishest of Euro princes and by choosing his loca chica and actually making the marriage and family work, he IMO has improved a lot as leader material and as such seems to be a decent king.
Haakon on the other side started out much better, but due to his choice and his inability to fix his sorry state of family life, he IMO seems sadly lackluster.
It really appears that the spouse makes or breaks the souvereign, so it really really all hinges on the choices they make.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Suzy

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2017, 02:46:55 PM »

I am keeping the minors out, even someone so dedicated and somber like Elisabeth of Belgium can still go off the rails and since they all hopefully have a lot of time left to first grow up before they assume any real official role, I can reserve my judgement.
Esp. since apparently it all hinges on the intelligent choice of spouse!
Wimlex was the most boring and dishwasher-ishest of Euro princes and by choosing his loca chica and actually making the marriage and family work, he IMO has improved a lot as leader material and as such seems to be a decent king.
Haakon on the other side started out much better, but due to his choice and his inability to fix his sorry state of family life, he IMO seems sadly lackluster.
It really appears that the spouse makes or breaks the souvereign, so it really really all hinges on the choices they make.

I agree. I would also add you can see a similar effect in the generation before as well (at least regarding the public image). CG would not have lasted as king if he didn't marry Silvia. JC would have been found out much earlier if it weren't for Sophia and her sense of duty. Or just imagine EII without Philip. The only monarch I don't see it is Denmark's queen. Daisy seems to be such a strong character herself that barely anything her husband does seems to have an impact on her.

Witchell: Clearly a greater share of royal burden will fall on you and as that happens you will grasp it willingly?
Will: Absolutely willingly. And as that time comes I'll be the first person to put my hand up and take it on. But [] my grandfather is so active [] and unwilling to slow down.
Roll Eyes
loubna

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2017, 03:48:42 PM »

not suited: frederik and guillaume
ortensia

Huge Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2017, 04:13:28 PM »

who knows,probably some 40/5060 yrs ago our grannies were dishing about how the (now) parents of unsuitable heirs were not able to become king/queen?Huh?!!! Cool
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2017, 07:50:03 PM »

And of course you would be right ortensia.
There were enormous complaints about Claus von Amsberg, considering he was German and the Netherlands protested tremendously against a man, who had been on the wrong side of the fence during the war.
The Norwegians were also not too happy with their people's princess, the concept of modernizing the monarchy and bringing in fresh blood was in its baby shoes.
Charles has still not managed to win over all of his subjects, many Brits have only warmed to him in the past 10 years and the ever-present "Elisabeth gives the throne directly to William and Kate" headers are testament to the unease with which a lot of people still view him.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: