Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Victoria - GALA dresses  (Read 71163 times)
karma chamelion

Huge Member

United States United States

Henry "Hotspur" Percy Esperance en Dieu

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: June 20, 2020, 06:16:53 PM »

On the occasion of her 10th wedding anniversary, Victoria wore her pre-wedding Elie Saab gown in a official photo:

Gwyneth Paltrow wore the runway version a few months before Victoria first wore the dress:

Vic wore it better

Very much so.
I love the the picture of Vic with her hair down.
They have a marvelous photographer.

I loved this dress then and I love it now and with her hair down it's even better! Gosh she's a beautiful lady but she hides it with the tight buns and awful fashion choices.

We are made of the love of thousands.
Queen’s Tea

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: June 20, 2020, 07:08:47 PM »

I wish I liked it since it seems unanimously loved here.  I just can’t.  I hate the color and all the whatever - ruffles?  Not that she doesn’t have the body to rock the style, she sure does.  I will say I like her hair down with this dress MUCH more than the style she wore ten years ago.   That diamond arrow thing??   Oh man, I just think “hot mess“ when I see pictures from this event.  Her wedding look the next day made up for it.  😁
Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: June 20, 2020, 07:36:26 PM »

My favorite part of the look was that even with the beading, ruffles, and BIG jewelry the first thing you noticed was how happy Vic was.  The second thing was that the fit was on point...something that’s not always the focus when the design is so involved. 
Eliza B

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: June 20, 2020, 07:48:53 PM »

Frida Jonsvens Couture

I think a new favorite.  It looks like they walked out of a children's fairytale.

Nobel King's Dinner + Aquamarine Tiara?
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: June 20, 2020, 09:29:20 PM »

Nobody's fawning over the blue dress?  Thinking

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Eliza B

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: June 20, 2020, 09:51:33 PM »

Ok, let's add too

The updated H&M gown: addition of sleeves, removed ruffles around lower torso, and crystals added to the skirt
Lady Liebe

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: June 20, 2020, 10:09:18 PM »

I must confess - I was more interested in the Barnacle Geese, and their goslings. Smiley They must be extremely tame.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2020, 10:38:22 PM by Lady Liebe » Logged

Compassion without truth isn't love, it's flattery. Love not only weeps, it also speaks.   Reagan Rose
karma chamelion

Huge Member

Henry "Hotspur" Percy Esperance en Dieu

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: June 21, 2020, 01:17:27 AM »

Frida Jonsvens Couture

I think a new favorite.  It looks like they walked out of a children's fairytale.

Nobel King's Dinner + Aquamarine Tiara?

Drool Yes, please! What a gorgeous dress.

We are made of the love of thousands.
SvenskaSarah

Medium Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: June 21, 2020, 03:57:19 PM »

Ok, let's add too

The updated H&M gown: addition of sleeves, removed ruffles around lower torso, and crystals added to the skirt

I keep trying to think when she wore this dress previously, could anyone help me out? When the photos were released I thought it looked familiar but I cant put my finger on how!
Marieke

Warned
Mini Member

Belgium Belgium

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: June 21, 2020, 04:47:41 PM »

Ok, let's add too

I keep trying to think when she wore this dress previously, could anyone help me out? When the photos were released I thought it looked familiar but I cant put my finger on how!

I had that too. I found this one:

periwinkle

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: June 21, 2020, 04:48:54 PM »

All I can say is wowza. These are terrific pics and beautiful clothing and now I want to go to Sweden.
Paulina

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: June 21, 2020, 10:23:58 PM »

That picture of her standing next to the marble column is one of the best pictures of her ever. Perfectly composed, great color palette, gorgeous hair and especially gorgeous smile. And fits into her engagement dress!!
Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: June 21, 2020, 11:13:38 PM »

There’s just something about the blue dress that doesn’t work for me.  For the embroidered dress, I don’t think it would work well with a tiara.  The dress is enough on its own and even the little hair piece in the photo is just shy of too much jewelry.  The other two dresses work better with jewelry as their detailing is less pronounced but still more grand enough to be royal.
Gemsheal

Small Member

I make all my memes

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: June 21, 2020, 11:24:50 PM »

I wish I liked it since it seems unanimously loved here.  I just can’t.  I hate the color and all the whatever - ruffles?  Not that she doesn’t have the body to rock the style, she sure does.  I will say I like her hair down with this dress MUCH more than the style she wore ten years ago.   That diamond arrow thing??   Oh man, I just think “hot mess“ when I see pictures from this event.  Her wedding look the next day made up for it.  😁

Queen's Tea, I think you've hit on something there - Vic's dress is not the same as the runway/Paltrow version - and I don't hate Victoria's dress but I prefer the runway version, the one without the additional tulle [or something] at the bottom.  Maybe Victoria asked for the something extra to make a bigger,  sweeping train.

My fondest childhood memory is ... not having to pay bills and taxes 🤓
Queen’s Tea

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: June 21, 2020, 11:40:22 PM »

Queen's Tea, I think you've hit on something there - Vic's dress is not the same as the runway/Paltrow version - and I don't hate Victoria's dress but I prefer the runway version, the one without the additional tulle [or something] at the bottom.  Maybe Victoria asked for the something extra to make a bigger,  sweeping train.

I’ll have to go take another look at the runway version.  The only thing I noticed at a glance was the color seemed to be more beige and it seemed more “filmy” or sort of see-thru around the legs.  But I didn’t notice anything else.  I’m not sure - is the dress all tulle?  Or are there feathers mixed in?  When I zoomed in, I did like all the sparkly bits.  And as I said, she does rock it.  I actually liked Sophia’s engagement dinner dress better and that’s saying something lol!
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: