Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sofia - UPdo's  (Read 27388 times)
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: December 10, 2018, 09:32:33 PM »

The front is unflattering, and the back looks like she flattened it after wearing a hat.  What a mess. 
Kaiserin

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: December 10, 2018, 10:31:21 PM »

I wish she'd stop with that Mellie from Gone With The Wind style in front ...

Plus: IF you do a middle part, then have at least the tiara in line with this part. It freaks me out that the highest central motif doesn't align with the middle part, but is 1 cm off to (her) left. This is so ... random? Done in a hurry? By a talentlacking hairdresser?
Margaret

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: December 10, 2018, 10:39:37 PM »

I don't mind this hairdo.  It could have done with a bit of hairspray to keep the strands in place, but at least it seems to be just her own hair, and not puffed out with wiglets and things.  I like the high updo at the back.  It is reminiscent of the styles of the early 1800s and a nice change, IMO, from the dos that involve low chignons filled out with clumps of hair that originated from someone else's scalp. 
onar

Huge Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: December 10, 2018, 10:46:11 PM »

Plus: IF you do a middle part, then have at least the tiara in line with this part. It freaks me out that the highest central motif doesn't align with the middle part, but is 1 cm off to (her) left. This is so ... random? Done in a hurry? By a talentlacking hairdresser?
This! A thousand times this! it's disturbing when the hair part is not in the same line with the top of the tiara.

BUT about the whole side part/middle part with S' hair, do you remember that in an event (I'm sorry I don't remember when) she had big ringlets in her hair and a side part and she still looked aweful? it was very unflattering. I believe that the only thing that would make her look a lot better (apart from dignity) is bangs.

Tatini

Huge Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: December 10, 2018, 10:57:45 PM »

I think that this is one of her best ( and by best I mean less messy) updos so far, BUT itís not tiara material. Her hairdresser canít work with tiaras, very few actually can. Sofia is too dense to realize that royalty is not celebrity, itís a totally different league, but still, she is clueless. She needs the dream team of hairdressers who work with the queen and the blood princesses, but I wouldnít be surprised to hear that none of them wants to style that fried mop that is Sofiaís hair
Eve

Small Member

Estonia Estonia

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: December 11, 2018, 09:16:13 AM »

Very well spotted - this style would have been much better if the middle part of her hair had matched the highest central of the tiara. Now the tiara looks randomly placed and doesn't line up as well as it could have.
Also those strands hanging there look too casual and still won't hide that mole on her side.
I'd like to see this tiara with proper topknot hairstyle, so there were more hair on the top. It would create lovely backround to the tiara.

« Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 09:23:30 AM by Eve » Logged
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: December 11, 2018, 01:04:12 PM »

I really don't get her need to have a mid section/division in her hair.
Margaret

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: December 11, 2018, 02:10:24 PM »

I really don't get her need to have a mid section/division in her hair.

The hairdo seems to be influenced by the styles of the 1820s.
Lady Adelaide

Humongous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: December 11, 2018, 03:39:11 PM »

Peter Hägelstam, who is Silvia's hairdresser, told Svensk Damtidning that he also did Sofia's updo this year

https://www.svenskdam.se/...-skapa-kvallens-frisyrer/

I'm not impressed. The middle part looks awful on Sofia, but since she seems to favour this style a lot I assume she asked for it herself. But really, is this the best he could do??

Lady Excelsie

Mini Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: December 11, 2018, 03:49:02 PM »

Sofia needs a stylist. Her hair is too dark, therefore, it makes the whole look harsh. They need soften the color and do away with the the part in the middle. She really could use bangs because of her high forehead. But the whole style is just wrong for her facial features. The image they're trying to project for Sofia is not working. Its to severe and you can't erase her past by trying to change her look to embody some version of Silvia. They need to cut her damage hair and lighten it back to her original color or close to it.  Cute Snare
Lady Adelaide

Humongous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: March 14, 2019, 09:51:37 PM »

Kristallinchen

Large Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: March 14, 2019, 09:57:09 PM »

What a failure. I hate that half washed-out hair colors. Just go for black or brown, if you want, but not this mess.

And has Sophia ever heard of hair pins? They can do wonder.

Join in for #TeamTessy
Harley
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Yemen Yemen

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: March 14, 2019, 10:04:14 PM »

I see what they were aiming for here. And itíd look lovely on Madeleine. Sofia not so much.

onar

Huge Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: March 14, 2019, 10:09:09 PM »

I like her braid very much but it seems kind of informal for such an event and it doesn't work with her dress.

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: March 14, 2019, 10:20:04 PM »

Like the braid, but not how it looks a front. As at that side it doesn't flatter her and looks sloppy
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: