Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: German nobility  (Read 17490 times)
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2018, 03:43:11 AM »

I don't think they're pockets.  The "flap" seems to go all the way 'round.  I like the bodice very much.  I'm surprised by the tiny tiara. I would have thought she'd wear something bigger from her family.

Whatever it is, it is an unnecessary detail that ruins what could have been a pretty gown.
genegal43

Huge Member

All I got was a Nancy Pearl Action Figure...

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2018, 04:45:20 AM »

I don't think they're pockets.  The "flap" seems to go all the way 'round.  I like the bodice very much.  I'm surprised by the tiny tiara. I would have thought she'd wear something bigger from her family.

I don't think they're pockets either, they look like flaps.

Genealogy: shrinking the world one person at a time!
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2018, 08:44:41 PM »

Arco is the name of an old and noble noble family , originally from the prince-bishopric of Trento in today's Trentino-Alto Adige . The ancestral seat of the Lords of Arco was the castle Arco north of Lake Garda . The northern Italian line went out in the 20th century, branches of around 1700 arrived in Bavaria line exist today. Castle Arco is a ruin now.

According to an older legend, the lords of Arco are descended from the counts of Bogen from Old Bavaria who died in 1242 ("arco" is the Italian word for bow/weapon). The Bogener Counts, a younger branch of the Babenberger , but led no coat of arms with bow, but the (later transferred to Bavaria) white and blue diamond coat of arms. This combined, however, according to legend, the Upper Italian Arco (and some heraldic painters) in the 16th century with their ancient family crest, which shows one (or three) arch.

The sex Arco, however, presumably Romanesque origin and is first mentioned in 1124 with Fridericus de Archo documentary. Even with whose father Riprandus de Arcu begins the uninterrupted regular series. In 1207, the brothers Ulrich and Frederick were already called de Arco, milites nobiles and were lords of the Bishop of Trent .

Frederick (Federico d'Arco, † 1236) accompanied in 1220 Emperor Frederick II of Hohenstaufen to his coronation by Pope Honorius III.to Rome. The emperor raised him and his nephews Adelbert and Riprand (nepotes Adelpret et Riprandinus) in 1221 to Count of Arco and Torbole .

In 1413, King Sigismund Vinciguerra of Arco granted the imperial title of Prince and raised the rule of Arco with Penede , Drena and Castellino to the county direct county . A confirmation of all possessions and imperial privileges took place in 1433 by Sigismund, who had become in the same year emperor of the Holy Roman Empire , for Anton von Arco , brother of the deceased Vinciguerra. The castle Arco was besieged during several medieval feuds, always in vain, and was therefore considered impregnable.

Nicolò d'Arco (circa 1492-1546) made a name for himself as poet and humanist ("Nicolaus Archius") at the court of the Gonzaga in Mantua and was advised by Emperor Maximilian I. He married Giulia Gonzaga, Countess of Novellara, daughter of Giovanni Gonzaga and Laura Bentivoglio. One of her eight sons, the Deutschordenskomtur Prospero d'Arco (1520-1572), served the Emperors Ferdinand I , Maximilian II and Rudolf II as a diplomat.

In 1614, after fierce battles, the counts paid homage to the Habsburgs as their new sovereign princes . In 1680 Emperor Leopold I took control of the strategically important castle. Prosper von Arco (1615-1679) served as Generalfeldzeugmeister and his son Johann Baptist von Arco (1650-1715) as artillery general , the latter then entered the service of Max Emanuel of Bavaria and his ally Louis XIV of France.

The Arco had now built several palazzi in the historic center of Arco, including the 16th century Palazzo Marchetti (named after a family who bought it in the mid-19th century) and the Palazzo dei Panni (late 17th century) , Members of the family became the Tyrolean Landsassen ; however, despite the loss of imperial immediacy, her county continued to be imperial .

In 1695 they were awarded the "Nobleman's freedom". In the Spanish War of Succession , the castle Arco was destroyed in 1703 as a result of bombardment by General Vendôme and decayed afterwards. The burgraves of Arco left the place and divided into one since 1740 in Mantua resident as well as a branch emigrated to Bavaria.

In Mantua, the Arco acquired from the Counts Chieppo a palazzo, which they remodeled in 1784 in Palladian Classicism. The last of this in 1917 extinct line, Giovanna Marchesa Guidi di Bagno, born. Countess d'Arco Chieppio Ardizzoni († 1973) bequeathed her possessions, including the castle ruins Arco and the Palazzo d'Arco in Mantua (with significant collection of paintings) of her Fondazione d'Arco , the castle and other real estate in 1982 the city of Arco sold and made the Mantuan palace a museum.

The history of the Arcobräu brand is linked to the history of the counts of Arco-Zinneberg. The trademark is marked by the Arco coat of arms, which leads the double eagle of the Holy Roman Empire, which was awarded by the Emperor Sigismund with the imperial immediacy and the hereditary count of counts 1415 to the family of the Counts Arco.

The present-day company Arcobräu Gräfliches Brauhaus originated from the castle brewery Moos, which was founded in 1567 by Warmund Count von Preysing .

Through the inheritance of his mother Countess Maria-Theresia of and to Arco-Zinneberg, born Countess of Preysing-Lichtenegg and Moos, a granddaughter of the last Bavarian King Ludwig III. is, the brewery 2003 came to her son Count Riprand of and to Arco-Zinneberg (* 1955).

Count Riprand of and to Arco-Zinneberg is today the sole owner of Arcobräu. He founded the American Asset Corporation in 1989 in  Charlotte, North Carolina. Is a member of the American Council on Germany, Governor of the English Ditchley Park Foundation.

Since 1980 he is married to Maria-Beatrice Archduchess of Austria-Este. They have six daughters.

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2018, 08:45:02 PM »

Riprand, Graf von und zu Arco-Zinneberg

ArcoGraf Arco-Zinneberg has spent his entire career investing in and managing real estate as a principal. He is President and founder of the American Asset Corporation (AAC), a real estate investment and development company in the USA headquartered in New York City.

AAC specializes in the development of shopping centers, offices and industrial parks throughout the southeastern USA. The company seeks to create value by acquiring large sites at strategic locations for master-planned developments. These developments blend retail, office, and residential projects into an integrated community. Since 1986, the AAC portfolio has expanded to include 4.5 million square feet of retail, office and industrial space valued at nearly $700 million.

Within this portfolio is land held for the planned development of 4.5 million additional square feet with a projected value at stabilization of approximately $700 million. AAC is a member of real estate’s most prestigious organizations.

Riprand Graf Arco is also holding majority interest in farming, forest products, brewery, and real estate companies in Germany, Austria, and the Czech Republic.

He is a member of the Intercontinental Chapter of YPO as well as associated with the Wharton Real Estate Center at The University of Pennsylvania. He is a member of the American Council on Germany and Governor of the Ditchley Park Foundation, UK.

Born in Munich, Germany, Count Arco was raised in Germany and Austria. Educated in Germany, he studied architecture at the Technical University in Munich and holds an Engineering and Architectural Master’s Degree. His personal interests are history and politics.

Married

Beatrice Countess of Habsburg-Lotrigen, Countess of Paris

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2018, 08:45:19 PM »

September 30
Anna Therese, Countess von und zu Arco-Zinneberg got married to New Yorker Colin McKenzie with a church ceremony held at Basilika Niederalteich on Saturday. Among nearly 400 guests who attended the wedding ceremony, there were Grand Duchess Maria Teresa of Luxembourg, Belgian Princess Astrid and her husband Prince Lorenz.

Countess Anne Therese von Arco-Zinneberg is the daughter of Archduchess Maria Beatrice of Austria and her husband Count Riprand of Arco-Zinneberg. The family owns Arcobräu beer factory in Moos and also the Moos Castle.

« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 10:01:22 PM by PeDe » Logged

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2018, 10:17:42 PM »

I was looking for the bride's tiara and came across this

the tiara worn by Archduchess Maria-Beatrice of Austria-Este, Countess Ripprand von Arco-Zinneberg, at the pre-wedding dinner of Hereditary Grand-Duke Guillaume of Luxembourg and Stéphanie de Lannoy in October 2012. Don't know if it's a Austria-Este, or Arco-Zinneberg tiara.

Do we see them at Korn events, since Austria-Este is a cadet branch of House of Habsburg-Lorraine?

diamond tiara of Austria-Este

Now that all a kuddelmuddel with the titles and connections. Princess Astrid of Belgium Archduchess of Austria-Este.

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2018, 10:28:42 PM »

is the bride wearing the Belgium (Savoy-Aosta Tiara) tiara?

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2018, 02:22:10 AM »

^^^^That indeed looks like it's the tiara. 

WTF is going on with the bride's gown?  That is one unfortunate design.  It looks awful on her.  No
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2018, 02:24:33 AM »

WTF is going on with the bride's gown?  That is one unfortunate design.  It looks awful on her.  No

Agree Pixie. It looks like a gown with one of those paper bibs the dentist makes you clip on.
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2018, 02:26:17 AM »

Agree Pixie. It looks like a gown with one of those paper bibs the dentist makes you clip on.

OMG, that is EXACTLY what it looks like!   Star 

Why anybody would think that is attractive is beyond me.
karma chamelion

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2018, 02:39:31 AM »

Married

Gah, that is one of the homeliest bridal couples I ever saw. That's years of inbreeding there folks. Is he wearing makeup in the first photo? Nerves
Margaret

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2018, 02:40:08 AM »

OMG, that is EXACTLY what it looks like!   Star 

Why anybody would think that is attractive is beyond me.

I think it's a rather odd choice. Perhaps that dentist bib part is some sort of little bolero arrangement over the actual dress and can be removed.  Still an odd choice, IMO.  I hope she thinks she looks attractive though; that's really all that matters.  

Frankly I find most daytime wedding bridal dresses laughable. All the other women are wearing short dresses yet the bride turns up in a long white number in evening fabric and a long train, and carrying a bunch of flowers and wearing a tiara. It makes me giggle.
Margaret

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2018, 02:41:38 AM »

Married

Gah, that is one of the homeliest bridal couples I ever saw. That's years of inbreeding there folks.

Is he wearing makeup in the first photo? Nerves

I think he could be.  Confused

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2018, 02:41:58 AM »

Married

Gah, that is one of the homeliest bridal couples I ever saw. That's years of inbreeding there folks. Is he wearing makeup in the first photo? Nerves

And their daughters all look like that too.  
karma chamelion

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2018, 02:50:06 AM »

Wow, had to go and look them up. Is this them?

The one on the right isn't so bad, though you can tell the lights are on but nobody's home. The sister on the left is just Yikes
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: