Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Felipe & Letizia State Visit to UK (June 6-8)  (Read 20742 times)
CathyJane

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2015, 10:09:44 PM »

Waity bowing to the Leti ?Can't wait to see it  Thumb up Icecream Icecream

Should be interesting since Waity has no idea how to do a proper curtsy. Or doesn't even try, more to the point.
Nuno

Humongous Member

Portugal Portugal

TM The King and Queen of Spain

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2015, 11:04:14 PM »

Waity bowing to the Leti ?Can't wait to see it  Thumb up Icecream Icecream

Should be interesting since Waity has no idea how to do a proper curtsy. Or doesn't even try, more to the point.
I think that when she tries, she can do it properly  Yes

"You can call me Happiness...yes Queen Happiness. It sounds great!" - Queen Letizia, Red Cross 150th Anniversary Wink

"Hey Cristina, I'm the Queen now :D"
Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2015, 07:53:35 PM »

Gossip mag already runs a story about Kate's potential absence:  Wink Tongue Not sure how true it is, but this type of "QEII is furious" stories is taking on more an anti-Kate tone. Earlier in the marriage, this type of story has more a sympathetic tone toward Kate vs. Big Bad Queen (a la Diana vs the Windsors/the firm). Now everyone is figuring out lazy Waity.

Kate Middleton Refuses Spanish King?s State Dinner ? Won?t Cancel Vacation, Queen Elizabeth Furious?

http://www.celebdirtylaun...-queen-elizabeth-furious/
Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2015, 08:02:40 PM »

I can't wait for the visit.  Banana Supercontent Jumping

Leti, bring the BIG GUN out of the vault. If you don't wear Fleur de Lis tiara on a state visit to the UK, where else in the world would you wear it? This is IT. And I think you should go for a higher updo so the BIG tiara can set on top. 

Varela, I guess the gown duty will be on you. Come up with a GRAND GOWN in RED. Don't fail.

I know besides RD, someone in Copenhagen will follow this CLOSELY.  Tongue
Clara
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2015, 12:57:28 PM »

"King Felipe VI, accompanied by Queen Letizia of Spain, has accepted an invitation from The Queen to pay a State Visit to the United Kingdom from 8th to 10th March 2016," a palace spokesman told The Local.

It will be the royal couple's first visit to the United Kingdom since Felipe became king, in June 2014, after his father, King Juan Carlos abdicated.

The last state visit by Spanish royalty to the UK was by King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia in 1986, while the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh last paid a visit to Spain in 1988.

Since then  the Spanish and British royal families have paid a number of formal visits to each other?s countries.

In 2011, The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall paid a three-day official visit to Spain that was hosted by Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia. A few weeks later Queen Sofia, Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia attended the wedding in London of Prince William to Catherine Middleton.

King Felipe and Queen Letizia will stay at Windsor Castle during the three-day visit.

The British Ambassador to Spain, Simon Manley, has welcomed the announcement of a State Visit to the United Kingdom.

?The British government is delighted that Their Majesties King Felipe VI and Queen Letizia of Spain have accepted the invitation from Her Majesty The Queen,? said Mr Manley.

?This State Visit will celebrate not only the long and deep royal and historic ties between our two countries, but also our strong relationship as partners in the European Union, NATO and United Nations.  We enjoy close connections in terms of culture, trade, investment, security and defence. This is an opportunity to celebrate and deepen those links.?

The British and Spanish Royal Families are directly related through the marriage of Alfonso XIII of Spain to Princess Victoria Eugenia, known as Ena, granddaughter of Queen Victoria, in 1906.  Victoria Eugenia is the great-grandmother of King Felipe.

Today, the United Kingdom and Spain are close partners in the EU, NATO and United Nations, among numerous international organisations; and cooperate together through the UN Security Council, of which Spain is a current member.

Nearly 300,000 Britons are registered as residents in Spain and 15 million visitors came from the UK last year, whilst an estimated 131,000 Spaniards are resident in the UK and two million visited in 2014.

The Spanish royals have made several foreign trips since taking to the throne in 2014, including to the United States in September 2015.

http://www.thelocal.es/20...queen-letizia-to-visit-uk

Rita

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2015, 07:01:08 PM »

Gossip mag already runs a story about Kate's potential absence:  Wink Tongue Not sure how true it is, but this type of "QEII is furious" stories is taking on more an anti-Kate tone. Earlier in the marriage, this type of story has more a sympathetic tone toward Kate vs. Big Bad Queen (a la Diana vs the Windsors/the firm). Now everyone is figuring out lazy Waity.

Kate Middleton Refuses Spanish King?s State Dinner ? Won?t Cancel Vacation, Queen Elizabeth Furious?

http://www.celebdirtylaun...-queen-elizabeth-furious/
not sure how accurate this BUT
 i was kind of expecting something similar Waity cant stand be around serious and carismatic ppl she had an experience with Maxi and that's was enough for her because Maxi made her look like a crap Roll Eyes
i am putting my money on Waity absence but it will be fun if she was there too.

Felicia

Warned
Mini Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2015, 04:00:05 PM »

But Charles and Camilla will almost certainly be there so likely no Cambridges-just a feeling
Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2015, 03:00:39 AM »

So Charles and Williams don't attend events together?
periwinkle

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2015, 03:27:56 AM »

I can't wait to see Letizia in grand jewels and a gorgeous dress with the queen in London. This is what we come to royal dish for! Bring it girlfriend. Please let's hope Camilla makes it too omg that would be so great all three ladies blinging out and looking amazing. I agree that Kate won't come. She doesn't hold a candle to the Spanish queen.
MidnightDiamond

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2015, 08:03:44 AM »

I dont think they will show up. W/K only did China 1. because Charles wasn't there and 2. because of Williams recent trip.
choux

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2015, 12:37:15 PM »

I dont think they will show up. W/K only did China 1. because Charles wasn't there and 2. because of Williams recent trip.

I think they will be asked by the Queen to attend.  A State dinner needs two couples to sit either side of the visiting heads of state. Waity and Willy were totally unprepared for the China visit since they hadn't attended one before (William may have but they hadn't been together).

A 95 and a 90 year old are going to need to pass the state dinner host baton onto C and C soon even if the Queen is still the Monarch so WillKat could soon find themselves as regular deputy hosts.  Attending now even if not on the top table is good practice for their future roles.  although since we know they don't like practicing much for anything whether they will attend is another story.

I honestly feel that William's attitude is one of:
- I just need to stay in the succession line till I get the Duchy of Cornwall and then I can take myself away and keep the Duchy as my personal asset or
- I can never retire once King so I'd better get my 'retirement' in now and put off those duties as long as possible.
QueenHappiness

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2015, 08:11:24 PM »

Is it wicked of me to look forward to pictures of Queen Leti next to Waity?  Leti's beauty, elegance and regal posture will never look lovelier!  I can't wait to hear where they'll visit - this is one Royal engagement I would join a crowd to see!
Mimolette

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2015, 04:04:27 PM »

I dont know if that article is true but if Waity and Horsey really choose to sunbathe topless while the Kings of Spain are here they are bigger fools than I thought.

Let's hope it's just lazy journalism, surely they can't be that shortsighted and indulgent?
Mimolette

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2015, 04:05:13 PM »

Is it wicked of me to look forward to pictures of Queen Leti next to Waity?  Leti's beauty, elegance and regal posture will never look lovelier!  I can't wait to hear where they'll visit - this is one Royal engagement I would join a crowd to see!

If it is I am wicked too! I can't wait
AC

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2016, 02:53:10 PM »

I'm really looking forward to this visit ... but is this pushing through? Laprincess in another thread shared a news that a political party is threatening to suspend this State Visit. Sad
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: