Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jazmin Grimaldi  (Read 54042 times)
Gemsheal

Big Member

United States United States

I make my own memes

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: January 19, 2020, 12:14:23 AM »

Agree w/you Periwinkle.  I've always hated when parents try to change their child's name up by giving it a different spelling.  Jasmine or Yasmin is a lovely name.  Jasmine Grace, looks so much nicer!

“The spirit of the artist doesn't belong to one person or another.  It belongs to all of us.  Don't keep its playfulness and generosity buried." 
Gloria Vanderbilt - Woman to Woman
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: January 19, 2020, 12:26:32 AM »

That was kind of in style back then.
I have a cousin named Taelor!
Gemsheal

Big Member

I make my own memes

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: January 19, 2020, 12:41:01 AM »

I have a goddaughter named Mikayla.  I never told her parents but I so much prefer "Michaela"! 

“The spirit of the artist doesn't belong to one person or another.  It belongs to all of us.  Don't keep its playfulness and generosity buried." 
genegal43

Gigantic Member

All I got was a Nancy Pearl Action Figure...

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: January 19, 2020, 12:44:57 AM »

Agree w/you Periwinkle.  I've always hated when parents try to change their child's name up by giving it a different spelling.  Jasmine or Yasmin is a lovely name.  Jasmine Grace, looks so much nicer!

That was kind of in style back then.
I have a cousin named Taelor!

I really don't get that, parents changing the spelling for a name.  One of my friends joked that she was going to call a kid David, however it was going to be spelled in a funky way, but it was going to be pronouced David!  My cousin has kids named Halo and Cherub.

I think I'd rather saddle a kid with the name Oscar!  My great-great-grandfather was Herman OSCAR Hoffman and was the first one born in America, my uncle was Otto OSCAR Hoffman, and my cousin was OSACR Hoffman Coen.  He fought with the Canadian Royal Air Force during World War II and was shot down behind enemy lines.   

Need a documentary for the classroom?  Hit me up here: https://historydoctube.weebly.com/
Genealogy: shrinking the world one person at a time!
periwinkle

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: January 19, 2020, 01:07:16 AM »

Now that the Kaitlyn and Mikayla generation is over with more or less the new babies seem to have more traditional and old fashioned names. I know an Oscar and a Louisa who are new babies and another one whose middle name is Mildred which tickles me to death because that was my granny's name.
KimmySue

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: January 19, 2020, 07:11:44 AM »

Now that the Kaitlyn and Mikayla generation is over with more or less the new babies seem to have more traditional and old fashioned names. I know an Oscar and a Louisa who are new babies and another one whose middle name is Mildred which tickles me to death because that was my granny's name.

Kaitlyn happens to be my daughter's name and it is actually considered one of the least unique ways to spell it.  Smiley
QueenEM

Large Member

Argentina Argentina

I'm SWexxy and I know it

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: January 19, 2020, 03:58:08 PM »

Could there be cultural reasons for her name to be spelled Jazmin? Here that is the correct way and Yasmin is the tackiest.
Gemsheal

Big Member

I make my own memes

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: January 19, 2020, 04:11:55 PM »

Yasmin always makes me think of Princess Yasmin Aga Khan, daughter of Rita Hayworth and Aly Khan.  That's the Arabic spelling of Jasmine, isn't it?  🌿 

Mjo

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: January 19, 2020, 04:43:42 PM »

I agree with everyone. I always wince when I see the trashy spelling of her name, but of course it reflects on her mother, not her. Maybe she will take the advice of this board and use Yasmin
CurleySharon
Banned
Muted
Baby Member

Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: January 20, 2020, 12:49:24 PM »

Why is she trying so hard to look like Grace ?
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: January 20, 2020, 01:03:55 PM »

When seeing the '80s tv series Airwolf as a child I fell in love with the name Caitlin, indeed in the old traditional spelling. But at a certain point of time this became a sort of "trailer trash" name overhere in NL. And then in specific the weird spellings such as Kaitlyn or Katelyn.
Paulina

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: January 20, 2020, 03:32:23 PM »

Yasmin always makes me think of Princess Yasmin Aga Khan, daughter of Rita Hayworth and Aly Khan.  That's the Arabic spelling of Jasmine, isn't it?  🌿 

She’s a class act, bringing attention to Alzheimer’s many years ago. Her son died tragically, too. Rita Hayworth was my favorite silver screen actress.

The problem with incompetent, corrupt, fascist government is incompetence, corruption and fascism,  not government (Jerome à Paris - paraphrased)
Duchess of Verona

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: January 20, 2020, 05:22:50 PM »

When I was pregnant, my DH loved the name Caitlyn. I would stike it off spelled one way and it would show up the next day with a different spelling Katelin or what have you.
Miss Marple

Ginormous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: January 20, 2020, 08:13:02 PM »

Could there be cultural reasons for her name to be spelled Jazmin? Here that is the correct way and Yasmin is the tackiest.

Not sure if that is the case in the US, here in Germany it is just the real low social classes who do that. The upper class and the upper middle class would go for classical names with classical spellings.

The lower class here pick English names (for whatever reasons) or French names (they can't pronounce themselves). Then they alter the spelling to Madelynne or something similar to point out how special their child is. 
Night Blooming Jasmine

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: January 20, 2020, 08:31:10 PM »

Yasmin is the Arabic and Urdu version of Jasmine but it is pronounced “Yass-meen.” She really needs to change the spelling to Jasmine. It’s a fine name but goodness, that was not a name open for creative spelling. What’s next, Rohze for Rose?  Thinking
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: