Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Royal Christmas Cards 2015  (Read 5340 times)
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« on: December 18, 2015, 08:46:25 PM »

« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 09:07:19 PM by PeDe » Logged

griet

Small Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2015, 08:06:41 AM »

And the winner for the cutest card is... charles and camilla, hands down! 
Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2015, 08:25:37 AM »

I'm partial to Leo and Sofia. No other royal kids signed the card except them. 

And what did WA and Maxima sign? I can't recognize their signatures at all. And isn't it just like Maxima to sign her signature so far out of the space?

Charles and Camilla didn't even sign their card.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2015, 07:56:43 PM »

It is Wimlex whose siggie doesn't fit on the card and is cut off. The left (and first) signature is Maxima.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2015, 08:01:10 PM »

It is Wimlex whose siggie doesn't fit on the card and is cut off. The left (and first) signature is Maxima.

Why did the queen consort sign first? All other queens signed on the right. I guess it's fitting for Maxima & WA.
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2015, 03:41:39 AM »

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2015, 12:21:07 AM »

Royal Family of Jordan 2015

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2015, 12:22:25 AM »

Monaco 2015

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2015, 12:23:27 AM »

Derfs 2015

Coya

Huge Member

Peru Peru

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2015, 06:35:23 AM »

Monaco 2015

My absolutely favorite Christmas card, classic, elegant but cute and with "holiday" flair.

SavageGrace

Ginormous Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2015, 07:11:34 AM »

Charles and Camilla's is sweet; I like how "simple" (for lack of a better word) and casual the image is - it's like an image you'd find in a personal photo album Smiley But my fave "family" card is definitely Albert, Charlene and the twins - so, so sweet

The others are all nice too though I'll never like that Cambridge one. It's just too fake - surely they could have come up with something else? Put some personality into it? (keeping the train and not photoshopping the shoe out/on Charlotte (while at all the other 'shopping) isn't it, IMO) I mean... SURELY? Crap
« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 07:18:09 AM by SavageGrace » Logged

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2015, 07:06:28 PM »

The Swedish Royals shared a new portrait on the occasion of New Years, with this note:

The Swedish Royal Family wishes everyone a Happy New Year!

bumbershoot

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2016, 01:03:51 AM »

With respect to the various Christmas cards, I found the signatures most interesting, particularly those from the SRF. Why is it that Spanish-speaking people -- I've noticed this in Mexican and Cubana friends, too -- always put extra swoopy lines under and/or around their signatures? I've seen even fairly young kids to this?

It all looks a little unusual to us Yanks' eyes, because penmanship is a lot more standard here than in Europe. Even if it isn't being taught formally in schools any longer, for the most part, you can still see traces of good old Palmer Method in most American's handwriting. (Unless they went to Dominican schools, in which case they may write in a  Dominican backhand).
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2016, 11:57:23 PM »

With respect to the various Christmas cards, I found the signatures most interesting, particularly those from the SRF. Why is it that Spanish-speaking people -- I've noticed this in Mexican and Cubana friends, too -- always put extra swoopy lines under and/or around their signatures? I've seen even fairly young kids to this?

It all looks a little unusual to us Yanks' eyes, because penmanship is a lot more standard here than in Europe. Even if it isn't being taught formally in schools any longer, for the most part, you can still see traces of good old Palmer Method in most American's handwriting. (Unless they went to Dominican schools, in which case they may write in a  Dominican backhand).

I really don't think it's fair to stereotype an entire group of people based on anecdotal "evidence" you've observed among your friends.  Seriously. 

I've never heard of the Palmer Method (and I work in education).  I've never seen any Latino/Latina/Spanish friends and acquaintances sign their names with swoops and circles.  I am a Yank, and I don't find their signatures to be weird or "unusual". 

I really don't think it's okay or ethical to label an entire culture of people based on only one person's experiences. 
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2016, 12:32:36 AM »

It all looks a little unusual to us Yanks' eyes, because penmanship is a lot more standard here than in Europe. Even if it isn't being taught formally in schools any longer, for the most part, you can still see traces of good old Palmer Method in most American's handwriting. (Unless they went to Dominican schools, in which case they may write in a  Dominican backhand).

As a born European, working in schools there and her in the US, I have to tell you that I don't see any standardized penmanship in the US. It might have been some generations ago, but handwriting here is one of the worst things in present times. Every parent I know from elementary school to high school and above complains about their children not learning cursive in schools anymore. And when we moved to the US our son was actively discouraged to write in cursive. When I stepped on the teacher's toe's, she told me that he would write differently than other children in the US  Blink  and overall the teachers are happy if the children put something on the paper, they don't care if it's pencil, pen, or marker, and prefer print.  Blink Classmates of his in high school still used to write in print  Huh? .  These schools were all A-graded schools.

You can be taught to write a certain way in a certain places, but over time your handwriting will change according on how little or much you write, it changes with age, and also changes according to your psychological state.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 01:00:45 AM by PeDe » Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: