Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sofia in Bernadotte Jewels  (Read 63144 times)
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2017, 02:08:36 PM »

She looks ridiculous. All the jewels in the world won't make her look like a princess.

The phrase "lipstick on a pig" comes to mind.....

Or the Dutch version: "ook al draagt een aap een gouden ring, het is en blijft een lelijk ding"
(literally translated as: "even if a monkey wears a golden ring, it is and stays an ugly one")
just a serf

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2017, 03:20:35 PM »

Did she get that wart removed from her chin?

"I haven't played since I stopped." - Waity Middleton
"You only have it if you've got it." - James, Marquis of Mallow
Coya

Huge Member

Peru Peru

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2017, 04:51:24 PM »

She looks ridiculous. All the jewels in the world won't make her look like a princess.

The phrase "lipstick on a pig" comes to mind.....

Or the Dutch version: "ook al draagt een aap een gouden ring, het is en blijft een lelijk ding"
(literally translated as: "even if a monkey wears a golden ring, it is and stays an ugly one")

Similar to the Spanish: "Aunque la mona se vista de seda, mona se queda"
(Translate also literally "Although the monkey dresses in silk, monkey  stays"

royalsareajoke

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2017, 04:57:53 PM »

Dead
Heartbreaking to see her in the nicer tiaras. Was hoping the Bernadotte women would let snakey hang dry for a bit longer and give her awful pieces for some more time before opening the vault for her. Hope they are the fake ones they have made. 

Is it just me or is she the only one making sure that she is in view of the camera, looks like the others are looking straight ahead but she isn't.   Thinking  She is so repugnant to me that I am just checking to see if I'm seeing what I expect to see or if it's obvious to others as well.

Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.
Passing Stars

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2017, 03:09:44 AM »

Nope it just isn't it. Tatiana by the way looks far more royal!

Who is Tatiana?  She can really put herself together magnificently Angel
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2017, 03:45:50 AM »

^^^Tatiana is Princess Tatiana of Greece and Denmark.  She's married to Prince Nikolaos, the third child of Queen Anne-Marie and King Constantine. 

Her real name is Tatiana Blatnik.  She's not royal.  She's from a wealthy German family-born in Venezuela, educated in Switzerland.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2017, 09:09:18 AM »

^^^Tatiana is Princess Tatiana of Greece and Denmark.  She's married to Prince Nikolaos, the third child of Queen Anne-Marie and King Constantine. 

Her real name is Tatiana Blatnik.  She's not royal.  She's from a wealthy German family-born in Venezuela, educated in Switzerland.

Thanks  Smiley
Passing Stars

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2017, 12:59:16 PM »

Star. Thanks Pixie!!
Duchess of Suffolk

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2017, 02:24:27 PM »

Which "new" tiara will she choose next time?

MidnightDiamond

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: May 11, 2017, 03:16:27 PM »

Madde & Vic have been favoring the Connaught Tiara, so I think she will go after that one. I mean Madde wore it as a necklace at the nobels on the dress that made it blend in to stop her from wearing it with her pink dress.
Antevorta

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2017, 03:57:39 PM »

IMHO, I think Sofia will stick within what she has already worn; perhaps adding in the Diamond Bandeau or the larger Cut Steel Tiara.  Again, IMO, it's tragic that she's been given access to any of the Bernadotte jewels but if you look at what 'ol Sof has worn already, she hasn't worn any of the "good" tiaras.  The Amethyst Tiara is the only one that really has anything going for it and at the same time, Silvia, Vic and Madeleine haven't recently worn it.  So, it's kind of like a "meh" situation.  It sucks she can wear it but if Silvia, Vic and Madeleine don't want it then, meh.

Other than that, here is what I think.  Sofia obviously doesn't have access to the Queen's tiaras; no Branganza, Modern Sapphire or Nine Prong. Vic's Baden Fringe is closely aligned with her and is meant for Crown Princesses only.  I would be shocked and floored if the Baden Fringe ever appeared on Sofia's head when even Madeleine has never worn it.  She also can't access any of the personally owned tiaras so that knocks out Lilian's Laurel Wreath, the 18th birthday tiaras of Vic and Madeleine and Madeleine's Modern Fringe. The Cameo isn't Sofia's style and she would never go for it.  (Side note, could you imagine the Cameo on Sofia?  I cannot think of anything more funny.  Her forehead would be even bigger and it would just keep going because of the height of the Cameo.)  Finally, I highly doubt Margaretha would ever let Sofia wear her gorgeous Aquamarine Kokoshnik.

I also don't think that Sofia will wear any tiara that Silvia still actively wears.  That said, I think the Connaught is safe.  It's one thing for Silvia's blood daughter's to wear a tiara that she still wears but a married in one that you never approved of in the first place and is the lowest on the totem pole?  I certainly hope not simply for Silvia's sake.  She's a Queen and she shouldn't be sharing a tiara with a married in royal.  Silvia is also the only one who wears that ruby tiara and does so only occasionally - with the history behind it, I'm not surprised.  Sofia won't be getting her hands on that one either.

Ostermalmstanten

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2017, 06:47:46 PM »

Sofia is too funny. She doesn't wear a tiara that she thinks will look good on her or go well with her hair/dress, the only criteria seems to be to wear all the tiaras available as soon as possible. We will see her wear all the tiaras that Lilian wore within the next two-three years. Next one will probably be The Laurel Wreath Tiara because her PR people are doing their best to make it look like Victoria and Sofia are very close friends.
LauraMarie

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: May 11, 2017, 08:07:22 PM »

One thing I think is interesting is that while Sofia seems to have been given access to a good number of Bernadotte tiaras fast, not so with earrings.  The earrings from Queen Josephine's stomacher are the only ones from the Bernadotte Foundation I can think of.  She's worn the emerald ones a few times, but I think those are Silvia's personal property.
Eliza B

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: May 11, 2017, 09:43:51 PM »

Madde & Vic have been favoring the Connaught Tiara, so I think she will go after that one. I mean Madde wore it as a necklace at the nobels on the dress that made it blend in to stop her from wearing it with her pink dress.

I assumed she'd never get beyond the buttons but since they gave her the amethysts I assume it's only a matter of time before the other "shared" tiaras end up on her head including the Connaught - which needs soft hairstyling which she seems incapable of thus far.
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: May 12, 2017, 12:19:11 AM »

Star. Thanks Pixie!!

You're welcome! Star

To be honest, I didn't even notice that she was wearing the six button tiara in Norway.  Both of those tiaras look like Jeep headlights stuck on top of a lollipop. 
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: