Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Harald & Sonia celebrate 25 years on the throne  (Read 28404 times)
ortensia

Huge Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: January 19, 2016, 11:40:51 AM »

i think queen margrete stole the show!
she was a supporting royal,but she quickly became leading lady and imo won the award as best in show.

her style was very much impressive and i particularly liked her having a cigarette behind a window, with  that "let them ski,glide or whatever they are doing" expression. so very queen-y of her.

i also think mette marit looks very good in most outfits,but her prada little rosy coat with the hairband was my favorite. Thumb up hairbands are ok again,it's so strange how fashion's wheel spins quickly eh?

ciao girls,have a productive tuesday.
Tatini

Huge Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: January 19, 2016, 01:12:42 PM »

I agree, dear Ortensia, Marge stole the show and proved once again that she is a real badass!  :huge smile: I think that she feels a lot relieved that her primadonna husband is no longer with her on public functions.
Lady Adelaide

Gigantic Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: January 19, 2016, 02:13:07 PM »

editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: January 19, 2016, 04:27:20 PM »

I've always thought Daisy's sapphires are particularly luscious; I wonder why she's never acquired a tiara to go with them? Sapphires would look quite good with her hair.
dk

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: January 19, 2016, 06:51:49 PM »

Oh, I laughed out loud seeing Daisy behind the curtain with her cigarette and that bitchy look on her face ... Mary, you"ll have to be careful with those plans to be queen soon Smiley
RandyDrx

Mini Member

Indonesia Indonesia

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: January 20, 2016, 06:41:14 AM »

I've always thought Daisy's sapphires are particularly luscious; I wonder why she's never acquired a tiara to go with them? Sapphires would look quite good with her hair.

I feel a bit sorry for Marge, she's the only one here without a consort present.
diamond

Medium Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: January 20, 2016, 09:19:56 AM »

I feel a bit sorry for Marge, she's the only one here without a consort present.

So do I feel sorry for her, but perhaps it's just as well as he would most likely have another tantrum
and embarrass her yet again.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: January 20, 2016, 10:19:02 AM »

The Queens simply rocked it. They looked absolutely fabulous, all of them and every time. Here is to the "older generation" still carrying the torch!!! Champagne

As to the younger gen: well ML and MM simply don't have the it-factor. MM cleans up nicely for the official portraits, but if you think they haven't been photoshopped to Mary's extent, than I have a bridge to sell to you.
The children: OMG... while poor IA (who really is a particularly pretty girl, in a non-barbie kind of way, that I think will only become more stunning as she grows older) was dressed almost as bad as poor Louise Wessex (and that is saying something!) the Behn girls opted for the other extreme. They were dressed in a way that would only be pardonable in a school-disco-setting. Seriously what were they thinking?

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
TLLK

Most Exalted Member

Pitcairn Pitcairn

"The gauntlet is definitely thrown down. Stay safe

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: January 21, 2016, 01:48:21 AM »

all 3 ladies look really regal  Thumb up
That they do PeDe. I have to wonder though if Silvia and Margrethe's navy dresses were coincidence or planned? I have mixed feelings about Sonja's deep magenta shade.

However I thought Sonja's red daytime dress worn for her official portraits was a very flattering choice. Thumb up
TLLK

Most Exalted Member

Pitcairn Pitcairn

"The gauntlet is definitely thrown down. Stay safe

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: January 21, 2016, 03:09:41 AM »

The official photos are lovely. Everyone looks nice and I don't think the photoshop is too over-the-top. A few things perhaps:
- why does Haakon manage to look ok happy when his parents are there, but when he's solo with his wife he looks like Eeyore who lost his tail permanently? Grow a spine Haakon!
- they're dressing IA strangely. I feel they're doing what Sophie and Ed have been dished on for years: dress her like a little girl when she's actually looking a bit silly in the outfit they've chosen.

That Henrik is not attending a major royal celebration like this strengthens my belief about the possible reason for his "retirement" - unpredictable behavior or ill health due to onset of dementia/Alzheimer's. Sad  JMO of course, but it might explain some of his behavior this year...

There's nothing wrong with Henrik other than his wounded pride. He's well enough to travel alone to Italy, to host a hunt and to do poetry readings. All is well there Beer
 Regarding I-A's dresses she's at the same age/stage that Louise, Elisabeth, and Amalia where she's teetering between tween/teen fashions. What I've mostly noticed about Louise's outfits is that too often they didn't appear to fit her body anymore and were too short. IA's while they might look a little young do appear to be the correct size unlike Louise's clothing. However I do think that Louise looked very well at Christmas this year with her boots and beret.
lellobeetle

Large Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: January 21, 2016, 04:56:52 AM »

I have mixed feelings about Sonja's deep magenta shade.

I agree. The dress looks good on her, I'm not a fan of the color. They look very nice. There is a pic of just the ladies as well.

LadyOfTheMoore

Mini Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: January 21, 2016, 10:48:41 PM »

I like it on her, it gives her a very fresh look. The best dressed in this pic, however, is Marge. If it weren't for the yellow teeth. Is Denmark suffering from lack of dentists?
TexasBear

Small Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: January 22, 2016, 06:57:20 AM »

Nah. Denmark is suffering from a lack of cigarettes since they are all shipped straight to Amalienborg
freethespoon

Most Exalted Member

BooHoo Sugars

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: January 22, 2016, 07:06:40 AM »

Everytime I look at Sylvia and CG, I think of Frodo and Mary's future.

Ain't nobody got time for Mary's sh*t.
editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: January 22, 2016, 01:46:09 PM »

I like it on her, it gives her a very fresh look. The best dressed in this pic, however, is Marge. If it weren't for the yellow teeth. Is Denmark suffering from lack of dentists?

Nah. Denmark is suffering from a lack of cigarettes since they are all shipped straight to Amalienborg
Laugh bounce  Dead
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: