Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Happiest marriag in royal Europe  (Read 10352 times)
Flanagan

Large Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2015, 01:20:15 AM »

Cue the staged PR shots....!
You mean like this one? Wink Cool  ]
In the afternoon, the couple submitted happily as photographer Franne Voigt coaxed them into relaxed poses.
The princess looked fabulous in a vintage black cocktail dress bought on a trip to New York. Then she changed into a floaty white full-length evening frock and we went up onto the roof of the palace. Voigt shot them lying in each other's arms, as if they'd just come up for a breath of air and a kiss.
 The chemistry between them was palpable

LoL, even with romancing on the roof, they didn't make it as the happiest marriage in Europe. I smell another romantic photo shoot in the pipeline.
Good for Marie and Jokke. Hope they can keep their happiness going.

From then to now, I swear that hand of Derf's on Yrma's arm is meant to keep her off of him!  It is NOT a relaxed hand, imo of course 
freethespoon

Most Exalted Member

BooHoo Sugars

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2015, 01:33:20 AM »

It's evidence of Mary's sociopathy that Frodo can be p*ssed, sad, crying, disengaged, angry... and she smiles that grin every time. 

It makes the dysfunction between them stand out even more when he is so obviously miserable and she grins like a hyena as if she's either unaware of his malaise or she doesn't give a sh*t.

Ain't nobody got time for Mary's sh*t.
rosella

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2015, 01:47:46 AM »

Isn't it true though, that opinion polls held in Denmark show that Daisy (and the monarchy) are extremely popular, followed by Fred and Mary. Henri is very unpopular (for reasons we know about) and Joachim is not very popular either, while Marie isn't very widely known. (I've seen several polls over the years with the same results.)
Flanagan

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2015, 01:51:50 AM »

It's evidence of Mary's sociopathy that Frodo can be p*ssed, sad, crying, disengaged, angry... and she smiles that grin every time. 

It makes the dysfunction between them stand out even more when he is so obviously miserable and she grins like a hyena as if she's either unaware of his malaise or she doesn't give a sh*t.

Option #2 FTS, and may I add her truly cunning eyes to the hyena grin? Mares has never been able to fake neither love nor caring      Star
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2015, 02:05:49 AM »

Isn't it true though, that opinion polls held in Denmark show that Daisy (and the monarchy) are extremely popular, followed by Fred and Mary. Henri is very unpopular (for reasons we know about) and Joachim is not very popular either, while Marie isn't very widely known. (I've seen several polls over the years with the same results.)

I wouldn't pay too much attention to those polls, because I don't believe that they are true to what really goes on. We have knowledge of so called Mary fans, Mary blogs, who organize poll crashing parties to hype up those numbers. These polls are seldom pure Danish, and I would even go so far to say they are rigged.

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2015, 03:17:43 AM »

Yes, this is true. 

However, the photos and videos of Jokke and Marie speak for themselves.  Just because they're not number one in a non-scientific popularity poll does not even come close to having anything to do with the state of their marriage, which is the topic of this thread. 

I'm confused as to what the polls have to do with this topic.  They have no bearing whatsoever on their relationship and the way it appears. 

All hail the future King Nobstante!!
Knight Grand Cross in the Order of the Whorish Spanx
https://31.media.tumblr.c...ine_mzekcuA9Ln1snsa9a.jpg
Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2015, 05:27:16 AM »

"One of"...maybe. The happiest marriage? Eh no. I would put all three new monarch couples above J&M. J&M look good in comparison with F&M, but they're not very demonstrative toward each other and Joachim seldom looks "happy".
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2015, 05:43:41 AM »

I beg to differ. I don't think the measurement is how he looks when he does public engagements, which I think he takes much more serious than for example Fred does, but how he treats his family.

How he looks at Marie and how he behaves toward his children. How Marie looks at him. They both seem to adore each other. Joachim has a much different decorum, he's aware of his tradition and responsibilities. When the media shows us photos, if they publish photos of his events, is shows that he attends his patronages with respect for the people he visits, and their work. Even speaking either in French or almost perfect German when it is required. When on semi-official events he almost always has a big grin or smile on his face.

I rather have him than a bumbling idiot of CP with hands in his pockets, sprawling in chairs, and thrusting his crotch toward his hosts, when on an official visit. Or his wife who embarrasses a born Imperial princess, of higher rank. I've never seen anybody manhandling other royals like she does.

« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 06:05:51 AM by PeDe » Logged

rogue

Big Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2015, 09:57:12 PM »

which pressure do other CP's in Europe have?

and who are the other CP's in Europe?

I actually meant F&L and F&M and forgot that they aren't CP's anymore. The Danish RF have it easy.They get money thrown at them with no accountability and there is no public pressure on them. None of them are dealing with the political drama in their country like some of the other RF's. J&M have it very easy in comparison.
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2015, 10:08:11 PM »

which pressure do other CP's in Europe have?

and who are the other CP's in Europe?

I actually meant F&L and F&M and forgot that they aren't CP's anymore. The Danish RF have it easy.They get money thrown at them with no accountability and there is no public pressure on them. None of them are dealing with the political drama in their country like some of the other RF's. J&M have it very easy in comparison.

That's a good point. 

And as far as Fred and Mosh are concerned, if they had to live with the pressures that Felipe and Letizia have had ever since they got married, they wouldn't have lasted even two years, IMO. 

I can see Jokke and Marie being able to shrug it off, but I don't see fragile Fred and egomaniac Mary being able to handle what Felipe and Leti have put up with. 

All hail the future King Nobstante!!
Knight Grand Cross in the Order of the Whorish Spanx
https://31.media.tumblr.c...ine_mzekcuA9Ln1snsa9a.jpg
Kiki LaShrewd

« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2015, 03:19:59 AM »

I wouldn't pay too much attention to those polls, because I don't believe that they are true to what really goes on. We have knowledge of so called Mary fans, Mary blogs, who organize poll crashing parties to hype up those numbers. These polls are seldom pure Danish, and I would even go so far to say they are rigged.

Not to mention they somehow manage to have such a hold in the press that right before a christening of his twins the CP can be caught cheating red handed and it is rapidly swept under the rug. 
Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2015, 03:48:22 AM »

I beg to differ. I don't think the measurement is how he looks when he does public engagements, which I think he takes much more serious than for example Fred does, but how he treats his family.

How he looks at Marie and how he behaves toward his children. How Marie looks at him. They both seem to adore each other. Joachim has a much different decorum, he's aware of his tradition and responsibilities. When the media shows us photos, if they publish photos of his events, is shows that he attends his patronages with respect for the people he visits, and their work. Even speaking either in French or almost perfect German when it is required. When on semi-official events he almost always has a big grin or smile on his face.

I rather have him than a bumbling idiot of CP with hands in his pockets, sprawling in chairs, and thrusting his crotch toward his hosts, when on an official visit. Or his wife who embarrasses a born Imperial princess, of higher rank. I've never seen anybody manhandling other royals like she does.

But Peeds, we're not talking about choosing a CP between Joachim and Frodo. We're talking about "the happiest royal marriage". I would expect a husband in a happy marriage would look happy, at least while in the presence of his wife. I would expect complicit looks and smiles between the husband and wife. Felipe takes his role even more seriously than Joachim and he's under much more pressure in behaving regal. But that never stops him from stealing glances of Leti. When he looks at Leti, his eyes are soft and he usually has a smile on his face. They are two different personalities. Felipe is obviously more demonstrative than Joachim does. But how do we know J&M's marriage is the "happiest marriage" among royals if Joachim is so undemonstrative?

But if we limit the population down to "Danish princes", I would agree J&M's marriage is happier than F&M's.

periwinkle

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2015, 04:03:17 AM »

They are definitely two strong personalities but they also seem like very loving and warm people in general. They are kind with others. Their children are all sweet and strong with self respect. I fear the grown up version of Mosh's crew. It's no surprise Joachim and Marie are good together and they are aware that they have to pay attention to each other and the marriage. They take nothing for granted unlike the dopes in the crown prince position.
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2015, 05:28:36 AM »

But Peeds, we're not talking about choosing a CP between Joachim and Frodo. We're talking about "the happiest royal marriage". I would expect a husband in a happy marriage would look happy, at least while in the presence of his wife. I would expect complicit looks and smiles between the husband and wife. Felipe takes his role even more seriously than Joachim and he's under much more pressure in behaving regal. But that never stops him from stealing glances of Leti. When he looks at Leti, his eyes are soft and he usually has a smile on his face. They are two different personalities. Felipe is obviously more demonstrative than Joachim does. But how do we know J&M's marriage is the "happiest marriage" among royals if Joachim is so undemonstrative?

But if we limit the population down to "Danish princes", I would agree J&M's marriage is happier than F&M's.

I think we are talking criss-cross here, LP. The article said "happiest marriage in royal Europe"....as it was in a Danish rag-mag, I didn't even consider the wide field of European royals, to me it was more or less a stab at the Danish princes, if it makes sense. Hence me going on about Fred vs Joachim.

I wouldn't even compare F&L, to J&M, or Waxmax. They are completely different couples with different dynamics, but I would dare to say that these are the 3 happiest couples in today's European Royal Houses.

That said, if you look/google photos that are out there of Joachim and Marie, you see them "having their private moments" all the time. And Joachim does, and so does Marie. I see Joachim more often than not looking very proud and very lovingly at Marie, and she looks at him very proudly.

Let's see if I can find a couple photos of what I speak

and Joachim is busting out or smiling all the time

and of course if J&M would be as much photographed as F&L, or WaxMax, or F&M, we would have even more of the above photos, and more of those hidden tender moments between them - but that's JMO.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 06:32:51 AM by PeDe » Logged

Jazzy

Humongous Member

All that glitters...

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2015, 11:57:56 AM »

"One of"...maybe. The happiest marriage? Eh no. I would put all three new monarch couples above J&M. J&M look good in comparison with F&M, but they're not very demonstrative toward each other and Joachim seldom looks "happy".

Princess Marie and Prince Joachim marriage is said to be one of the happiest marriages in royal Europe

I re-read the OP. So it says one of the happiest. I am sure they wrote in Europe so as not to offend the Derfs but stil taking a shot at them No matter how many loveydovey photoshoots they take,Frederik cannot lie to the camera Cool
The other couples mentioned in this thread- F&L, W&M also show a facade of happiness as do the Schacks. With Jokke, his happiness is obvious to the eye since he insists on putting on his 'regal' face in public, so its noticable when he is smiling or looking tender  Snare Cute

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: