Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Happiest marriag in royal Europe  (Read 10350 times)
Harley
Board Helper
Ginormous Member

Yemen Yemen

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2015, 12:07:59 PM »

TBH, it's kind of a silly discussion. There's are, fortunately, many happily married royal couples. J&M is definitely one of them. There's plenty of video footage and pictures to document a lot of tender, private moments between them. IMO, it's ridiculous to compare couples that are obviously happy together, such as for instance WaxMax, F&L and J&M. All three couples are clearly strong couples with lots of love and chemestry. So, for me, they fit in the same category and I don't find it necessary to find a winner in "Most in love".

For me, it's only interesting to compare to those couples who aren't happy. That makes for a more interesting study, even when there needs to be room for couple's expressing their love differently.

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2015, 06:49:46 PM »

Of course it is silly...that's the whole point of it.

Kiki LaShrewd

« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2016, 08:36:40 AM »

So many good photos Pede  Star

Its telling that Marie learnt Danish so quickly, she seems a much more 'real' person that F or M and possibly even Joachim. I think she has had a good effect on him, when I said she  had to appease Joachim I meant it in a good way. I think Joachim is quite a strong character and sometimes with a strong character its easier to calm them down and appease them before talking to them and giving them a run for their money.

Marie did have the benefit of being multilingual already. If you already have a another language under your belt you really understand the importance of immersion. She speaks English perfectly (she graduated college in the US) as well as Italian and Spanish. Joachim understood that too hence both wives became fluent fairly quickly because he got that their lives would be way easier the faster they learned Danish. Marie has said that as a princess in Denmark she felt it was her duty to be able to speak to every Dane she met in Danish. She asked Jokke to only speak to her in Danish as much as possible throughout their day and only ending their evening with French. Mary always relied on Fred's English fluency hence in her learning period Danish was sort of something they would just practice together a bit but English is the language they used the most and still use the most as Fred comedically made clear during an interview awhile back.

They describe their dynamic at the beginning of a pre-wedding interview. He says she has a good character and a very strong mind and will but with a very tender soft personality. She says he is a good man, very patient but stubborn. But she says the stubbornness is a good thing because she wouldn't want to be with so,some who just always said yes to everything she did. When asked if they have fun together they say they do and Marie says it is because they are best friends and that they laugh together a lot. Jokke adds that their sense of humor is very similar which is good because they can make each other laugh. Later he says she has a very Latin temperament and she explains that he means she doesn't hold believe in holding anything in and she finds that when there is a disagreement its best to be open about their feelings so they can address them and move on.

Best clip of them is at 4:28 where Marie hilariously screws up the order of Henrik's name then slips and says ,"Shit!" in French. Everyone is laughing even the crew, Jokke is sort of teasing her and it's just a naturally adorable moment.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DN-BRvpr2T4
Oh and part one of their engagement video which is in English as Marie was still learning Danish
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6Z7HQS7XsPI
editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: January 01, 2016, 02:51:59 PM »

...Marie has said that as a princess in Denmark she felt it was her duty to be able to speak to every Dane she met in Danish.
That's exactly the right attitude! Thumb up
Sunshine

Mini Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2016, 11:20:17 PM »

I may be the odd one expressing my view in the DRF. IMO these articles always comes across weird to me when trying to inform the public whose marriage is happier, good or bad. No one really knows what's going on behind closed doors.

I realized the media try to put more pressure or create unwanted drama against the heir to the throne and tend to favor the 2nd, 3rd etc in line to the throne. ( except for Maddie in Sweden)

I always wonder if Jokke wasn't a prince if Marie would consider marry him as he always looked drugged up. It seems like he used to live a hard life either drinking or doing drugs or both. He just look weird to me.

I don't know the dynamic of Mary and Fred. It seems like they are not like by the dishers here.

As for me, I do like them both. Mary seems to take her responsibilities seriously and have a serious look and comes across professional while Fred seems to be down to earth. I could be wrong as I don't really follow the family too much.

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2016, 11:25:25 PM »

I may be the odd one expressing my view in the DRF. IMO these articles always comes across weird to me when trying to inform the public whose marriage is happier, good or bad. No one really knows what's going on behind closed doors.

I realized the media try to put more pressure or create unwanted drama against the heir to the throne and tend to favor the 2nd, 3rd etc in line to the throne. ( except for Maddie in Sweden)

I always wonder if Jokke wasn't a prince if Marie would consider marry him as he always looked drugged up. It seems like he used to live a hard life either drinking or doing drugs or both. He just look weird to me.

I don't know the dynamic of Mary and Fred. It seems like they are not like by the dishers here.

As for me, I do like them both. Mary seems to take her responsibilities seriously and have a serious look and comes across professional while Fred seems to be down to earth. I could be wrong as I don't really follow the family too much.

The only thing Mary does professionally is pose for the cameras and shop.  That's it.  She does not take anything seriously except for media coverage. 

Fred can be somewhat down to earth-on the rare occasions that he's sober.  He's the one with the substance abuse problem.  Always has been. 

All hail the future King Nobstante!!
Knight Grand Cross in the Order of the Whorish Spanx
https://31.media.tumblr.c...ine_mzekcuA9Ln1snsa9a.jpg
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2016, 11:43:21 PM »

Also, Marie ran is similar, same circles as Joachim did. She was used to the royal/noble crowed. She knew what's expected from her when she married into the DRF.

She wasn't a women who tried to modernize the Danish monarchy or outshine the Queen. She adapted wonderfully. Marie takes her patronages more serious than Yrma, IMO, but we don't see the coverage from Danish magazines, because that would mean that she would give Mary a run for her money, and as it is unwritten law not to outshine the CP, she's held back by media quite a lot, hence the meager reporting on what she does. Marie fell in love with the man, and the prince-thing was a bonus, hence the happy marriage. Mary chased Fred down with lies and pretense until she got the ring & black Amex.

As pixie mentioned, it is well know about Fred to drink excessively, probably do other things as well, and to womanize. Proof this New Year's court, he looked like on dope, or pills. Completely out of it. It may be or not, he just looked like a drunk in costume. Joachim may give an arrogant air, or be arrogant, but he is dedicated to his patronages. Fred sails, runs, and swims, and derps any other attendances.

The article just pointed out that J&M are one of the happiest couples in Europe, due to observation of their behaviour in public.

Sunshine

Mini Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2016, 12:40:09 AM »

The only thing Mary does professionally is pose for the cameras and shop.  That's it.  She does not take anything seriously except for media coverage. 

Fred can be somewhat down to earth-on the rare occasions that he's sober.  He's the one with the substance abuse problem.  Always has been. 

Pixi! I knew you would make me Lol! Your comment above is very funny especially about the Amex.

Well since I don't follow this family often I am very surprised to hear the Fredd is the one with substance abuse issues. To me Jokke seems to look like someone with substance abuse issue. He look drugged out.
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2016, 03:10:26 AM »

Pixi! I knew you would make me Lol! Your comment above is very funny especially about the Amex.

Well since I don't follow this family often I am very surprised to hear the Fredd is the one with substance abuse issues. To me Jokke seems to look like someone with substance abuse issue. He look drugged out.

Jokke may look that way, but other than a drink or two every now and then, as well as a cigarette addiction, he doesn't have any substance abuse issues.  If you take the time to look at the older Mary and Fred threads, you'll see hundreds of pictures of Mary obnoxiously ignoring the people she's supposed to be working with in order to pose for cameras.  She even ignores her children when a camera is present. 

In addition to that, you'll see hundreds of pictures of Fred looking like he has been up for a week straight doing nothing but drinking and getting high.  From 2007 until the present, you can see pictures of Fred deteriorating rapidly. 

All hail the future King Nobstante!!
Knight Grand Cross in the Order of the Whorish Spanx
https://31.media.tumblr.c...ine_mzekcuA9Ln1snsa9a.jpg
Hester
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Sudan Sudan

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2016, 04:24:30 AM »

To me this is the story: Joachim grew up. He found the right partner second time around, and stopped drinking too much, and started taking life seriously.

Fred is stuck in a first marriage. He has not found a good partner. He has not stopped drinking too much. He is not taking life seriously. And boy, isn't he paying the price!
Kiki LaShrewd

« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2016, 07:09:19 AM »

Jokke may look that way, but other than a drink or two every now and then, as well as a cigarette addiction, he doesn't have any substance abuse issues.  If you take the time to look at the older Mary and Fred threads, you'll see hundreds of pictures of Mary obnoxiously ignoring the people she's supposed to be working with in order to pose for cameras.  She even ignores her children when a camera is present. 

In addition to that, you'll see hundreds of pictures of Fred looking like he has been up for a week straight doing nothing but drinking and getting high.  From 2007 until the present, you can see pictures of Fred deteriorating rapidly. 

Pixie Star and Hester  Star

Jokke in a photo and Jokke in action are also very different. He is a REALLY unohotogenic  person. He is no beauty in action either but there is nothing that suggests he had any sort of longterm problem.

Fred however has been obviously inebriated before. For instance during the Cambridge visit when he was so high/drunk that he cut Mosh off mid sentence then rambled incoherently as she tried to kill him with her eyes.

The media doesn't need to try to make the Derfs look shakey. Derf did that himself when he was caught cheating redhanded with a girl nearly half his age who is still in his social circle. Before that he mysteriously lost his wedding ring in Miami, was photographed beyond cozy with another woman and then stared at her ass, and had the special pleasure of flying to meet Mary in Australia after his presence at a Playboy party  was revealed only to find himself locked out at. She knew they were waiting for her reaction, knew he was coming, and he found himself locked out trying to call someone to let him as the press snapped away.

And Mary is not a professional unless it is a professional camerwhore. Professionals don't speak Danish so poorly that while discussing malnourished Africans they end up calling them masturbating Africans. Professionals don't claim to speak French and have to have it removed from their CVs because it isn't true. Professionals don't go to visit refugees in red stilettos and a sheer skirt. Professionals don't pose like an over the hill ballerina in a mosque. They don't physically shove their husband out of the way to get in front of a camera.They don't spend time with a man charged with roughly 17 counts of rape in a case that led to multiple convictions. Oh and little Miss Professional is the only member of the royal family to be publicly taken to task by the Queen because she was photographed beside the jet-set queen Rigmor Zorbel partying following Rigmor's conviction for cocaine possession.

And we don't just randomly dislike her. There is a long well documented history if evidence that reveals her for just what she is: a tacky bogan phony who will wear Prada as her daughter walks around with holes in her shoes. Literally.
Jazzy

Humongous Member

All that glitters...

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2016, 10:08:44 AM »

As for me, I do like them bo :no:th. Mary seems to take her responsibilities seriously and have a serious look and comes across professional while Fred seems to be down to earth. I could be wrong as I don't really follow the family too much.

No
The bolded is NOT TRUE in Denmark. In fact, the media in Denmark does the opposite. They shoot down Jokke and Marie to build up Mary & Frederik.

freethespoon

Most Exalted Member

BooHoo Sugars

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2016, 10:21:24 AM »

As for me, I do like them bo :no:th. Mary seems to take her responsibilities seriously and have a serious look and comes across professional while Fred seems to be down to earth. I could be wrong as I don't really follow the family too much.

No
The bolded is NOT TRUE in Denmark. In fact, the media in Denmark does the opposite. They shoot down Jokke and Marie to build up Mary & Frederik.

Which is quite the effort.  Mary and Frodo are obviously dysfunctional, they don't operate as a family, Frodo is unfaithful, Mary spends too much.  It takes alot for the media in Denmark to ignore the behaviour of the CP couple.

Ain't nobody got time for Mary's sh*t.
Jazzy

Humongous Member

All that glitters...

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: January 03, 2016, 02:38:05 PM »

No

Which is quite the effort.  Mary and Frodo are obviously dysfunctional, they don't operate as a family, Frodo is unfaithful, Mary spends too much.  It takes alot for the media in Denmark to ignore the behaviour of the CP couple.
True.They chose to try a spin a love story even when evidence proves otherwise Cute
There is so much they could report on M&F if they really wanted to. But all that is mostly overlooked with a few headlines like the Emiliegate .
But it's open season when it comes to J&M A good example below. An H&N article:

Margrethe-nightmare-the royal family in disolution
Joachim and Marie do as they please
Margrethe is powerless when it comes to Joachim and Marie. It was evident when Joachim chose to flee M?gelt?nder and sold Schackenborg Castle. A sale that was met with criticism and annoyance from the locals - but left Joachim a multi- millionaire.The couple promised they would periodically still stay at the castle to maintain their attachment to the area. They have not done so, and it is likely to compensate for his brother's lack of presence in Southern Jutland that Frederik and Mary chose year chose to hold their summer holidays at Graasten Palace.The royal couple  otherwise always hold their summer holidays in North Sjaelland.
That Joachim and Marie go their own way was also spelled out this year when they chose a school for their son Henrik. The little prince was enrolled at the private Catholic school, St. Joseph Sisters School in Ordrup. A choice that hardly suits Margrethe, who, besides being a faithful and a regular guest at services, is head of the Danish National Church.
http://herognu.dk/kongeli...ngefamilien-i-oplosning-/

zinzen

Gigantic Member

Belgium Belgium

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: January 03, 2016, 04:29:07 PM »

Also, Marie ran is similar, same circles as Joachim did. She was used to the royal/noble crowed. She knew what's expected from her when she married into the DRF.

She wasn't a women who tried to modernize the Danish monarchy or outshine the Queen. She adapted wonderfully. Marie takes her patronages more serious than Yrma, IMO, but we don't see the coverage from Danish magazines, because that would mean that she would give Mary a run for her money, and as it is unwritten law not to outshine the CP, she's held back by media quite a lot, hence the meager reporting on what she does. Marie fell in love with the man, and the prince-thing was a bonus, hence the happy marriage. Mary chased Fred down with lies and pretense until she got the ring & black Amex.

As pixie mentioned, it is well know about Fred to drink excessively, probably do other things as well, and to womanize. Proof this New Year's court, he looked like on dope, or pills. Completely out of it. It may be or not, he just looked like a drunk in costume. Joachim may give an arrogant air, or be arrogant, but he is dedicated to his patronages. Fred sails, runs, and swims, and derps any other attendances.

The article just pointed out that J&M are one of the happiest couples in Europe, due to observation of their behaviour in public.

ITA with you PeDe  Star

In reality, hope is the worst of all evils, it prolongs the torments of man. F.Nietzche
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: