Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 21   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Margrethe & Henrik NEWS - 2016  (Read 55827 times)
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2016, 10:25:20 PM »

That fur on Silvia.  Crazy Dead I used to like her, but no more. I think Vic is the only Swedish royal to steer clear of fur.

What's that on Marge? Hopefully no fur?

Princess Astrid wears a fur coat as well.

Daisy's is a white wool coat with a long fur shawl collar and her hat has fur bits as well, all very well recycled

cordtx

Warned
Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2016, 10:52:33 PM »

I have family members with old fur, before it became a thing. At least wear it and don't waste it.

There's a feeling I get when I look to the West....and my Spirit is crying for leaving
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2016, 06:30:46 PM »

February 9
Today the Colonel in Chief, Queen Margrethe II of Denmark held a Royal audience to mark the handover of the Regt Colonel post to Maj Gen Doug Chaĺmers from Brig Richard Dennis. An appropriate time to thank Brig Richard for all of his hard work over the years and to welcome Maj Gen Doug to the post.

Jane

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Daiz

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2016, 10:39:02 PM »

Is Marg running a British regiment?
rosella

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2016, 11:03:01 PM »

Is Marg running a British regiment?

Daisy is Colonel in Chief (honorary) of the Queen's and Royal Hampshire regiment. It's a tradition, I think her father was also Colonel in Chief. She takes her duties to them seriously, goes and sees them regularly when she's in England.
Royal Me!

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2016, 03:21:57 PM »

With Henrik "retired", I'd think it would be in QMII's best interest to stick Frederik in many of these royal duties and the upcoming tours.

But QMII loves the lime-light as much as The One-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named.

Yet Frederik doesn't like to be groomed for his future position.
Maybe even feels born intuitively kingly.
And his wife would rather both be gone and all goes to her Regent to King Christian.

rogue

Big Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2016, 11:04:23 PM »

Marge has been acting in her best interest all these years.I wouldn't worry about that Whistle She has failed to groom/train the next in line , she probably assumed the nannies would do that too  besides rearing her kids. Angel Fred is to blame/responsible for a lot of things but his mother is very much responsible for his restlessness.She never steered him in the right direction or supported him like Beatrix/Claus did with Willem-Alexander.She alw3ays looks out for numero uno and her husband.
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2016, 12:59:02 AM »

^^^ I agree, but at some point Fred has to take responsibilities for his own actions. He is a grown-ass man. He cannot blame his mother his whole life for his short comings.

We all could do that. When does it start to be accountable and self-driven?

Purple

Large Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2016, 04:59:52 PM »

A good question PeDe.  I think something earth shattering has to happen to Fred to make him change, but he seems to like just to cruise along and see what life has to offer him.

He doesn't have any stimuli to change.  He can do whatever he wants and doesn't get criticised for it.  There are no daily life struggles to combat with.  I think he knows he's got it made, better than most.  If he hasn't been taught responsability, it will take a hell of a lot to find it now and in his pleasant circumstances.  It's we in the background, outside looking in, who are shaking our heads at such a loser and wondering how weird life is that people with real merit don't get rewarded ... oh well
jigmesjigga

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2016, 03:04:32 PM »

His earthly punishment for his laziness is being married to Mary.  I think now would be a great time for Denmark to become a republic, unless y'all voted to skip the Derfs and move over to Joachim and Marie.  That would be awesome if we could vote the Derfs off, Survivor-style.
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2016, 04:54:35 PM »

Marge has been acting in her best interest all these years.I wouldn't worry about that Whistle She has failed to groom/train the next in line , she probably assumed the nannies would do that too  besides rearing her kids. Angel Fred is to blame/responsible for a lot of things but his mother is very much responsible for his restlessness.She never steered him in the right direction or supported him like Beatrix/Claus did with Willem-Alexander.She alw3ays looks out for numero uno and her husband.

This is right, but on the other hand he had the best possibilities when it came to education. He spent a year in France, a year in Harvard. It just made no difference.
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2016, 07:22:50 PM »

February 12
Margrethe officially opens a new wing at the Skagen Museum.
At 11:00, chairman of the museum, Hans J?rgen Kaptain, mayor of Frederikshavn Municipality Birgit Stenbak Hansen and curator Lisette Wind Ebbesen, received Queen Margrethe for the official inauguration of the museum's new wing.

VIDEO HERE

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2016, 07:23:21 PM »

February 16
Prince Henrik on African adventure

Prince Consort enjoys his well-deserved retirement. Since the Queen announced on New Year's Eve that Prince Consort wanted to retire, he has enjoyed his retirement to the full. Without having official duties and obligations of the Prince Consort, he has been able to travel away from the winter cold to warmer climes, and that he has so much advantage of.

First, Prince Consort was off to Naples, Italy, and as soon as he got home from there, he went to Egypt. In just over three weeks, Prince Consort visited the country, where his good friend, hotelier Enan Galaly from Helnan hotel chain, has hosted and happily shown him around the country. Prince Consort and Enan Galaly have be friends for several years, and also last year at this time Prince Consort was on vacation in Egypt. This year he traveled to Cairo in the north and Alexandria in the south.

QueenEM

Large Member

Argentina Argentina

I'm SWexxy and I know it

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2016, 07:48:34 PM »

well-deserved?  Huh?
and he still lives on the tax payers, right? 
Harley
Board Helper
Ginormous Member

Yemen Yemen

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2016, 07:51:10 PM »

Yes, anyone who's past 80 deserves retirement.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 21   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: