Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Margrethe & Henrik NEWS - 2016  (Read 58708 times)
CathyJane

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: November 18, 2016, 10:29:58 PM »

She looks nice. Love the hat!!
Princess BlueEyes

Warned
Gigantic Member

New money SHOUTS -> -> old money whispers

Ignore
« Reply #301 on: November 27, 2016, 01:30:57 AM »

Queen Margrethe has designed the set and costumes for a performance of Tchaikovsky's ballet 'The Nutcracker'.    Smiley    She apparently instructed those involved to treat her only as the costume designer.   Wink

The ballet will take place in Copenhagen at Tivoli Gardens in December. 

I hope we see photographs, I would enjoy seeing Margrethe's designs as I love the ballet and the Nutcracker is one of my favorites.

The story, including other productions she has been involved with is here.
http://royalcentral.co.uk...s-nutcracker-ballet-72235

ortensia

Huge Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #302 on: November 27, 2016, 04:39:32 PM »

I saw her works in a Roman museum in 2012 and they are very juvenile.
I did something like that for mum's day when I was at elementary and the teacher had us cut figures and glue them together to for angels roses etc.

The only difference is queen m used Christie's catalogues while we used old magazines.

Not to mention her costumes....at carnival you can find more convincing costumes made in China , I usually like everything and everybody,but her work is really extra low.
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: November 27, 2016, 05:40:47 PM »

Oh, good for Marge.  More events to celebrate her.   Roll Eyes

I've never been impressed by any of her designs.  If she wasn't a queen, nobody would find her designs interesting or important.  I love the ballet, and I think it's great that she feels an artistic need to create things, but honestly, her work isn't anything special IMO.

Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #304 on: November 27, 2016, 06:01:38 PM »

I've never been impressed by any of her designs.  If she wasn't a queen, nobody would find her designs interesting or important.  I love the ballet, and I think it's great that she feels an artistic need to create things, but honestly, her work isn't anything special IMO.

ITA, especially the bolded part. Her designs lack originality or concept. She just mixed some traditional design details with fabrics and colors she liked. Viola! The Queen's designs! As the old story goes...this queen has no clothes.  Tongue
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #305 on: November 27, 2016, 06:51:53 PM »

ITA, especially the bolded part. Her designs lack originality or concept. She just mixed some traditional design details with fabrics and colors she liked. Viola! The Queen's designs! As the old story goes...this queen has no clothes.  Tongue

It's like when she designed the costumes for that movie, The Wild Swans.  I laughed so hard when I read that an exhibition of her designs traveled all over the world.   Roll Eyes  Again, if they weren't designed by a queen, nobody would care or notice. 

I'd be much more impressed if she started a school/program for young kids to learn how to design and sew.  But then again, that would take the focus off of her, and we all know that Marge loves to celebrate herself.
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #306 on: November 27, 2016, 07:14:36 PM »

What is really tragic is that in her case (and in the case of CP) - there are so many gifted people out there who never get a chance and such "designer nobodys" get PR just because of their name.
just a serf

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #307 on: November 28, 2016, 09:06:59 AM »

Was there an open application for the costume designer job?

Doesn't Denmark have laws about handing jobs to state officials? The Danish media would report this as a scandal if it happened in other countries.

"I haven't played since I stopped." - Waity Middleton
"You only have it if you've got it." - James, Marquis of Mallow
getafix
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #308 on: November 28, 2016, 01:26:11 PM »

It's like when she designed the costumes for that movie, The Wild Swans.  I laughed so hard when I read that an exhibition of her designs traveled all over the world.   Roll Eyes  Again, if they weren't designed by a queen, nobody would care or notice. 

I'd be much more impressed if she started a school/program for young kids to learn how to design and sew.  But then again, that would take the focus off of her, and we all know that Marge loves to celebrate herself.

Are you saying that there'd be clash of titan egos between MEDiana and Daisy, Huh

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
getafix
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #309 on: November 28, 2016, 01:27:42 PM »

Was there an open application for the costume designer job?

Doesn't Denmark have laws about handing jobs to state officials? The Danish media would report this as a scandal if it happened in other countries.
[/b]

Wish someone would! Angry

and wish that someone would take that Olympic junket off Floppu Frodo Dead

G Snare

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
Georgie

Small Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #310 on: April 17, 2017, 07:24:09 PM »

I know this isn't exactly 'news', but I didn't know where to post it & I didn't think there needed to be a new thread. I was just wondering what this meant:

Princess Leonore of Sweden being incredibly taken with her great-aunt Queen Margrethe II of Denmark (who’s notoriously bad with young children

How is Margrethe notoriously bad with young children? Are there any examples?

http://everythingroyalty....en-being-incredibly-taken
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #311 on: April 17, 2017, 07:27:01 PM »

I know this isn't exactly 'news', but I didn't know where to post it & I didn't think there needed to be a new thread. I was just wondering what this meant:

Princess Leonore of Sweden being incredibly taken with her great-aunt Queen Margrethe II of Denmark (who’s notoriously bad with young children

How is Margrethe notoriously bad with young children? Are there any examples?

She and Henrik didn't allow Jokke and Fred to eat dinner with them (at any time-not just during important events) until they were much older-like around 12, I think.  She's notorious for being cold and uncaring toward her sons; several books have been written about this.  IIRC, she admits that it's true.  Henrik is warm with their grandchildren, but he was supposedly quite cruel toward his sons when they were growing up. 
editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #312 on: April 17, 2017, 07:49:34 PM »

It's a cute gif. Little Leo is probably fascinated because she'd never seen yellow teeth before Tongue
getafix
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #313 on: April 17, 2017, 09:35:25 PM »

It's a cute gif. Little Leo is probably fascinated because she'd never seen yellow teeth before Tongue

Star Laugh bounce

G

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: