Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 38   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Albert & Charlene - 2016 NEWS & EVENTS  (Read 132297 times)
bumbershoot

Warned
Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2016, 06:56:14 PM »

That is SOME gorgeous lace in that mantilla.
Rita

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2016, 07:30:22 PM »

she looks stunning in white i love the coat and lace mantilla too.

Victoria38

Warned
Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2016, 08:10:10 PM »

Charlene receiving the PDB shows how far Monaco has come since the days before Grace entered the family. She and Ranier really raised the standing of the Principality as was shown by the lack of royals attending their own wedding to the A-list guests at Albert's. I think that Charlene is a very dignified Princess consort and a worthy successor to Grace and  it is a credit to her that the Vatican has chosen to extend the PDB to Monaco.
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2016, 09:23:33 PM »

Personally, I have no problem with Charlene wearing white to visit the Pope.  Her behavior hasn't been as hypocritical as her husband and sister-in-law's behavior has been in the past. 

She hasn't told the world how Catholic she is while breaking pretty much all of their rules.  She converted upon marriage, and has seemed to be a caring wife and mother.  Her work with children and the poor has been great.  She's been low-key and friendly at her events.  I have a feeling that she and Pope Francis probably get along well. 
Duchess of Verona

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2016, 10:58:46 PM »

She looks great. The only thing I would have changed is to give her a more neutral lip color. But she really looks fab! She wins the 'best legs of any living royal' award for my money.
mylady

Medium Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2016, 12:37:19 AM »

other photos

http://www.therealmyroyals.com/
SavageGrace

Ginormous Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2016, 01:38:15 AM »

If she wasn't deserving of the privilege, she'd never have gotten it. And frankly I don't see how they could not grant it to her - IMO, as biased as it may be, she has been a wonderful Consort. Smiley

Anyway, IMO, she looked gorgeous - but I really think she should have worn a more subtle lip color; it just stands out too much with all the white. Otherwise... perfection Champagne

bach

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2016, 01:50:28 AM »

Congrats to Charlene on the award and the honor. She has really grown as a person and it shows!  Thumb up

One thing though- I wish the twins came along on the trip!!Although I know it's not easy two bring two babies on this trip/event.

#FreeHarry
#HarryForKing
Victoria38

Warned
Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2016, 02:26:08 AM »

Congrats to Charlene on the award and the honor. She has really grown as a person and it shows!  Thumb up

One thing though- I wish the twins came along on the trip!!Although I know it's not easy two bring two babies on this trip/event.

You are so right bach. She HAS grown as a person but I think she always had it in her. Let's face it, many sections of the media wanted this marriage to fail so they could label it as another post Grace Monaco disaster.  They must have been so disappointed in failing to find a whiff of scandal in Albert's future bride and Charlene has confounded them ever since. Her religious wedding was the equal of any of her royal counterparts as was the christening of her children and she is looking more self assured in her role than ever. She embodies the notion of  "slow and steady wins the race" and I wish her and Albert a long and happy future togeher.
bach

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2016, 02:36:31 AM »

Star
Congrats to Charlene on the award and the honor. She has really grown as a person and it shows!  Thumb up

You are so right bach. She HAS grown as a person but I think she always had it in her. Let's face it, many sections of the media wanted this marriage to fail so they could label it as another post Grace Monaco disaster.  They must have been so disappointed in failing to find a whiff of scandal in Albert's future bride and Charlene has confounded them ever since. Her religious wedding was the equal of any of her royal counterparts as was the christening of her children and she is looking more self assured in her role than ever. She embodies the notion of  "slow and steady wins the race" and I wish her and Albert a long and happy future togeher.

Star   Thumb up  Very true. I'm looking forward to seeing how she develops further in her role. She has the warmth and the personality to connect with people. Also, I really respect how she and Albert have shared the twins and balanced their private and public lives. She won lots of points with me when she discussed how she wants to instill the sense of duty and responsibility in the twins.  Champagne

#FreeHarry
#HarryForKing
zinzen

Gigantic Member

Belgium Belgium

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2016, 03:24:07 AM »

Personally, I have no problem with Charlene wearing white to visit the Pope.  Her behavior hasn't been as hypocritical as her husband and sister-in-law's behavior has been in the past. 

She hasn't told the world how Catholic she is while breaking pretty much all of their rules.  She converted upon marriage, and has seemed to be a caring wife and mother.  Her work with children and the poor has been great.  She's been low-key and friendly at her events.  I have a feeling that she and Pope Francis probably get along well. 

ITA  Star

In reality, hope is the worst of all evils, it prolongs the torments of man. F.Nietzche
loubna

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2016, 08:31:29 AM »

DuchyDiva

Large Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2016, 09:54:54 AM »

ITA  Star

You're right, she really is doing well. I'm a big fan of hers, she tries hard to do everything as well as she can and it shows. They're both looking happy and relaxed these days, I just wish we had such a charismatic hard worker in the UK naming no names!!
Tatini

Huge Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2016, 10:17:14 AM »

I do agree with your excellent post  Star On this visit Charlene looks very solemn, appropriately so of course, and I think her emotional involvement is honest, and stems from her heart. Way to go, Charlene!
RandyDrx

Mini Member

Indonesia Indonesia

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2016, 01:21:10 PM »

She looks lovely!  I LOVE that coat

http://www.dailymail.co.u...meeting-Pope-Francis.html

"Called le privil?ge du blanc in French or il privilegio del biacno in Italian, the special tradition is extended solely to designated Catholic queens and princesses and is usually reserved for important events at the Vatican such as private audiences, canonisations, beatifications and special masses.

Princess Charlene is bestowed this privilege, along with Queen Sof?a of Spain, Queen Paola of Belgium, Grand Duchess Maria Teresa of Luxembourg, Queen Mathilde of Belgium, Queen Letizia of Spain and Princess Marina of Naples.

Normal protocol for papal audiences require that ladies wear a long black dress with a high collar and long sleeves, and a black mantilla."

Ugh, I just clicked that link. It appears that in every single articles about Albert&Charlene the commenters always says that Charlene is always sad, that she has sad eyes, that she never smiles, that she need to run away from him, that she need to find her own happiness, blah,blah,blah. Someone need to tell them that most people don't smile 24/7. Snare
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 38   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: