Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 24   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Charlene - 2016 NEWS & EVENTS  (Read 87511 times)
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« on: January 11, 2016, 10:57:41 PM »

upcoming events

mylady

Medium Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2016, 08:39:12 PM »

Article about the catholic religion of Charlene and why she converted

http://www.people.com/peo...20395222_20980295,00.html
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2016, 10:06:03 PM »

Article about the catholic religion of Charlene and why she converted

http://www.people.com/peo...20395222_20980295,00.html

interesting article, thanks  Star

On Monday, Monaco's Prince Albert and Princess Charlene will travel to the Vatican for a visit, which will include an audience with Pope Francis.

The trip ? a formal state visit between the world's two smallest countries ? is actually no small matter.

Monaco's motto is "Deo Juvante" (With God's Help) and the historical alliance between Monaco (whose state religion is Catholicism) and the Vatican trace back centuries. Considerable political, sociological and cultural ties exist between the two nations and these have become even more pronounced and important since the arrival of Princess Charlene.

"Charlene has embraced the Catholic religion and is inspired by it," a Monaco observer tells PEOPLE. "She is devoted to it and impressive in her fidelity." And there's more than symbolism involved in the fact that Charlene's first state visit since the birth of her twins in December 2014 is to a nation even smaller than Monaco, which represents over one billion Roman Catholics.

Shortly before her July 2011 wedding, Charlene, 37, who was born and raised Protestant, converted to Roman-Catholicism "of her own free will and choice" in April of that year. In part because it was a question of succession and Grimaldi tradition she said last summer, but more because she found strength in it.

"Catholicism is the state religion [in Monaco]. But for me, it represents much more. The values of this religion profoundly touch me and correspond perfectly to my spirit. "In January 2013, Prince Albert took me to the Vatican to present me to Pope Benedict XVI, just as Prince Rainier did with Grace Kelly and Pius XII," she recalled, adding, "that experience was extremely intense and moving for me."

Just weeks later, the royal couple cut short a March visit to Palau in the South Pacific to attend the inaugural mass of Pope Francis. They both took communion from His Holiness on this occasion.

The birth of her children Jacques and Gabriella and her intense planning for their christening last May, deepened her faith, sources say. Indeed, after her children's premature birth, her first authorized exit from the maternity ward at Princess Grace Hospital was to attend chapel mass. "I prayed, as always, for everyone," she told Paris-Match afterwards, "but I especially thanked the Lord. I have such luck, a happy husband, two children in good shape."

Charlene announced her devotion on several occasions in the months leading up to May's spectacular dual christening. On April 3, she was photographed on the palace balcony watching a religious procession, and she was instrumental in her brother Gareth Wittstock's conversion, which she and Prince Albert attended days later during Easter Mass.

And in a year of relatively few public appearances, she reemerged last November to speak at the Vatican on behalf of her foundation.

Charlene often attends mass discreetly with her husband (and recently with their children) at one of Monaco's five Roman Catholic churches. She also openly confides special appreciation for the peace of the country's Notre-Dame-Immaculate Cathedral, going there often privately to lay flowers for Prince Rainier, Albert's late father.

Charlene, a veteran Monaco observer says, "enjoys going to church. She likes it. In a sense, you feel that it provides a spiritual balance, that contrast to her life as a princess, which she seeks." Albert, who has applauded Pope Francis' call for environmental responsibility, will be discussing and sharing some organic farming tips during next week's visit.

Sources tell PEOPLE that the prince will be bringing photographs and information concerning the techniques used at his 125-acre working farm, Roc Agel, which Francis is interested in implementing at the papal retreat, Castel Gandolfo.

ortensia

Huge Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2016, 01:31:12 PM »

i doubt that Prince Albert is going to talk about organic agriculture with the holy father Papa Francesco.
It is a very simplistic way of closing an otherwise interesting article:diminish the figure of our Papa as an ordinary organic farmer,interested in growing his own lettuce without using pesticides.

mylady

Medium Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2016, 02:08:21 PM »

I don't know what will be their talk but it is possible that the Prince Albert would talk about the environnement because the Pape apealled for the defense of the environement.
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2016, 02:27:45 PM »

It might be easier for Al to talk organic farming than to talk to the pope about his life before marriage and all the off-springs he created back then.  Wink
mylady

Medium Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2016, 03:24:41 PM »

If all the people who sinned could not meet the people, I think there would be no more catholics in the world. we are in the year of the mercy, it is forgiven.
Seriously, Prince Albert is the head of state, he may talk about the pace in the world, the refugees problems, the Catholic people who are killed tn the Middle East and so...

Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2016, 05:50:17 PM »

If all the people who sinned could not meet the people, I think there would be no more catholics in the world. we are in the year of the mercy, it is forgiven.
Seriously, Prince Albert is the head of state, he may talk about the pace in the world, the refugees problems, the Catholic people who are killed tn the Middle East and so...

You are right there. But I think that a Catholic head of state should have behaved more responsible (same goes for his sisters, I always find it a bit ironic that Stephanie does so much about HIV charity). But it might be just me. I have to say I am happy that he is finally settled and that Charlene developped really nice and they are actually now a nice, loving family.
mylady

Medium Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2016, 06:09:28 PM »

Yes, I am Ok with you, Miss Marple.
Victoria38

Warned
Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2016, 07:24:53 PM »

I don't see why a Catholic head of state should behave any more piously than any other head of state. If you follow a religion, no matter who you are, you ought to follow the rules as closely as possible. Prince Albert may indeed take his religion seriously but we all make mistakes. IMO Prince Charles has behaved much, much worse as he will actually be Head of the Church in his country and yet messed around with a married wife and mother for years whilst cheating on his own wife and mother of his children. Prince Albert is a catholic but he's not head of the church as Charles will be one day so you could argue that Charles had a far greater obligation to watch how he behaved. Similarly King Albert in Belgium fathered a daughter during his marriage (at least Albert of Monaco's were not fathered during his marriage) but I haven't read many snide comments about him meeting the Pope. Carl Gustav, Juan Carlos and God knows how many others of dubious moral reputation have also met His Holiness but only  Prince Albert seems to get criticised. It's very unfair  as he seems to have for his act together and  appears to be devoted to his wife and family.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 07:30:07 PM by Victoria38 » Logged
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2016, 07:41:57 PM »

I don't see why a Catholic head of state should behave any more piously than any other head of state. If you follow a religion, no matter who you are, you ought to follow the rules as closely as possible. Prince Albert may indeed take his religion seriously but we all make mistakes. IMO Prince Charles has behaved much, much worse as he will actually be Head of the Church in his country and yet messed around with a married wife and mother for years whilst cheating on his own wife and mother of his children. Prince Albert is a catholic but he's not head of the church as Charles will be one day so you could argue that Charles had a far greater obligation to watch how he behaved. Similarly King Albert in Belgium fathered a daughter during his marriage (at least Albert of Monaco's were not fathered during his marriage) but I haven't read many snide comments about him meeting the Pope. Carl Gustav, Juan Carlos and God knows how many others of dubious moral reputation have also met His Holiness but only  Prince Albert seems to get criticised. It's very unfair  as he seems to have for his act together and  appears to be devoted to his wife and family.

Well, Prince Charles will be the head of a church that Henry VIII founded.  Halo Surely it is right, but I think Prince Charles' case was discussed to the last back then with the phone calls in questions made public, Diana giving interviews, ... So I don't think it is really justified to say it is just Al who gets bashed.

I don't follow the Belgians so I have no idea about them.

As I said, it is great that Al is in line now and seems to enjoy his wife and fatherhood! After the wedding I did not have high expectations.
Kiki LaShrewd

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2016, 12:16:19 AM »

Well here we love to drag the hypocrisy of Juan Carlos,Paola,and Albert across the coals. And it isn't fair nor accurate to say Charles hasn't had hurdles when he had to settle for a civil service with church blessing and not a full religious wedding.

And while the current Pope strikes me a quite loving,open minded, and likely to meet with  broader audiences with a spirit of acceptance , in the past that wasn't the case and people who made many of the life choices that Albert and his sisters have made wouldn't have been as welcomed and approved of as your run of the mill Catholic who kept having kids out of wedlock and needed annulments and divorces. Plenty of women would have loved that annulment and subsequent legitimazation of her children which Caroline received.

We are a fairly open minded bunch here so most of the eye rolling and criticism is because in the past the life choices of the Grimaldi's wouldn't lead you on a path that involved hanging out with the Pope.
mylady

Medium Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2016, 11:42:25 AM »

Since centuries, all the popes were friends with the  catholic Kings or catholics princes, they knew that these kings had mistresses and children born out of the wedding and they even did the wars near them.
The popes are not seeing the persons but they saw the heads of states of catholic people, as they  received the Grimaldi family, they  received King Juan Carlos , King Albert of Belgium, King Carl Gustav and so... they know that these Kings have mistresses and children born out of wedding but they received them as chief of the catholic community but also as head of state of a little state the Vatican.also they received heads of states who are not catholic or communist.

I know it is hipocritical but we will never change this.

Victoria38

Warned
Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2016, 03:24:59 PM »

Is Charlene's rugby tournament for kids being held soon? I know it was held in April last year but it's usually February.
loubna

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2016, 10:33:56 AM »

on monday, charlene celebrated her father 70th birthday in SA ; She didn't bring the twins with her and was back to monaco on tuesday
http://benonicitytimes.co...ong-for-her-fathers-70th/
here a pic
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 24   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: