Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Grimaldi - 2016 NEWS & EVENTS  (Read 28411 times)
mylady

Medium Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: November 03, 2016, 01:26:54 PM »

Photos of this wedding  holloween

http://imageupper.com/i/?...10090011H1478172474725970
mylady

Medium Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: November 03, 2016, 01:29:19 PM »

Other photos of the wedding, these persons are special

http://imageupper.com/i/?...10090021H1478172474725970
Mjo

Baby Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: November 03, 2016, 03:55:44 PM »

I don't like that it was in a church.  Maleficent reading from the pulpit doesn't seem right, somehow.  I went to a Halloween wedding in a club once. It was a lot of fun but the marriage didn't last.   I love love love Caroline's dress.  Red Hook Brooklyn used to be a tough, working class neighborhood.  It certainly has gentrified along with the rest of New York City.  The Cunard ships depart New York from Red Hook.
AddiesGirl

Large Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: November 03, 2016, 09:36:02 PM »

I don't like that it was in a church.  Maleficent reading from the pulpit doesn't seem right, somehow.  I went to a Halloween wedding in a club once. It was a lot of fun but the marriage didn't last.   I love love love Caroline's dress.  Red Hook Brooklyn used to be a tough, working class neighborhood.  It certainly has gentrified along with the rest of New York City.  The Cunard ships depart New York from Red Hook.

I agree, it doesn't seem right that a church would allow a mockery of a church wedding, some of these outfits have a satanic feel IMO. I guess when you have enough money to throw around principles go out the window, shame that money influences a church like this. Thumb down

What a freak show! Actually, Andrea seems a lot healthier looking when he tries to look like a vampire, that should tell you something. I love Caroline's outfit as well, funny how this family looks better dressed as the un-dead than they do when dressed 'normally'.  Whistle

?What is the victory of a cat on a hot tin roof??I wish I knew... Just staying on it, I guess, as long as she can...?
― Tennessee Williams, Cat on a Hot Tin Roof
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: December 03, 2016, 06:36:52 PM »

December 1
On the occasion of World AIDS Day, Prince Albert of Monaco, Princess Stephanie and her daughter Camille Gottlieb attended a charity auction held for the benefit of Fight AIDS Monaco (F.A.M.) at Atlantique Hall of Monte Carlo Le Meridien Beach Plaza Hotel in Monaco.
297.500 Euros were collected at the event and this fund will be used in supporting people with HIV and prevention of HIV.

myloveforroyals

Medium Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: December 13, 2016, 05:17:01 PM »

I bought the new issue of Vogue Paris today and Karl Lagerfeld was the guest Editor-In-Chief, so obviously, they did an interview with Caroline. I thought it was going to be a long interview about fashion but not at all , she also talks about her youth, her relationship with the media and her mother so I thought i would translate it here.
Charlotte also appears in the issue. They published a philosophical conversation between her and French philosopher Marc Cr?pon. I haven't translate it because it's very philosophical but i thought it was very interesting and she said many good things imo. I guess i could always translate it if you want to read it  Smiley

This is Caroline's interview, she talks about fashion at the beginning so i didn't translate that :

" Interviewer:How could you define your relationship with Karl Lagerfeld ?
Caroline:  You can't define a relationship like this one. He's so important to me, he's always there. He's like a member of my family. He influenced me, enriched me, the list of what he gave me is so long. He's someone absolutely central in my life, that's for sure, but i'm sure i'm not the only one telling that about him.

I: It's very funny because i feel like I know you since forever and yet, in opposite to your parents, your sister, your brother, I had never heard your voice before. How do you explain this? Is it because you never give interviews?
C: I did gave interviews and that's already too much. Only on radio, for le Printemps des Arts, dance ballets, but it's very boring.

I: For me , you are like Napol?on, we call you by your first name, we think we know all about you, and yet, what we don't know is what your voice sounds like.

C: Voice that is completely broken today. I was aphonic for three days. I took a lot of pastille and cough syrups. What do you want me to say, a lot of people talks to much, who screech, so maybe it's not bad that others keep quiet no?

I: I thought that the fact that we didn't know your voice was linked to your personal elegance. Greta Garbo said she had the impression of being photographed to death. Do you have the same impression ? And wouldn't that explained the fact that you tend to not talk much ?

C: Photographed to death, yes I was, without being Garbo though, far from it. But there is a big difference because I haven't choose this at all and it has been - I won't say a suffering- but a sadness, a frustration , I felt angry. We've been confronted with this since we were very very young. And when you don't like that , when you're not made for it , realizing that your life doesn't totally belong to you can drive you crazy. So , you defend yourselves by not talking. And you develop another side of your life. The outside reduces itself while the inside develops itself.

I: But did you dream at some point to escape from your status?
C: I was told a lot when I was a kid that my brother was the heir, which was fine/normal. My mother would tell me : "But you, you'll leave, you won't be here, you won't be a part of this." So as a kid, I had this idea in my mind that it would only last for a short time and that as soon as I would start studying it would be something else. But it didn't change.

I: What happened? Did they lie to you? Were you already too famous as a kid so you couldn't be left alone?

C: It was in another time. I don't want to criticize. My parents did this in good faith but us (the children) we were kind of a part of the display, of the accessories. And after sometimes it goes over your head and everything goes out of control.

I:You're very chic. Maybe that's why they couldn't leave you alone, you were fascinating.
C: Maybe now, but at the time and it was more denigrating and not very friendly.

I: Really? I had the impression you had always been idolized.

C: Oh no! From 14 to 30 years old , i felt like i was hated. And I was telling myself :" But if they hate me so much, why don't they leave me alone? And if it's always to say mean things, why don't they leave me alone? I haven't ask for any of it!" I couldn't be aggressive. But those are vague memories. You can't linger over these kind of things.

I: And is it better today?
C: Yes, everyone leaves me alone. Well, from time to time, someone tells me about things being said about me,whatever. The rule is to never read  a magazine that talks about you. Because even if you're used to it, it's never funny.

I: The Grimaldis have been in Monaco for 700 years. How would you explain that?
C: I think it was Maupassant who said something like : " If I had to be a monarch, i would like to be the Tsar of Russia who knows none of his subjects or the Prince of Monaco who knows every one of his subjects." We know what happened...

I:Do you feel French sometimes? When ?
C: Thanks to the language, that's for sure. My grandfather, Prince Pierre de Polignac, was French. The most beautiful gift France gave me was its language. I don't want to deny my anglo-saxon roots or my fundamentally italian roots but the French language is extremely important.

I:Are you sensitive to the values of aristocracy?
C: Which ones?

I: Honor..
C: I don't see why honor should be a value of aristocracy. Honor should be a value for everyone.

I: Disregard for money, for business?
C: this yes, completely

I: A sense of sacrifice?
C:Yes

I:Was it taught to you?
C: Taught? I wouldn't say that. It's part of my DNA. It seemed so obvious. They are not ugly values right ? The sense of honor, of sacrifices, telling yourself that you have more duties than rights, that even if you're privileged, you have to try and don't leave too much traces of your passage on earth. Living this passage with dignity.  Trying to do the good, or at least the least bad possible. Well, it's just human, moral, civic. You can put any labels on this , that's not the point.

I: When you accepted to be Vogue's Editor-In-Chief, you asked Patrick Modiano to write a text titled " My twenties". What do you think of your twenties now?

C: I don't have any memories of it. It's not a very interesting time of my life. I didn't like being a kid or even being young. I remember being terribly bored. Maybe that's why I read so much, because you're never bored when you read a book. You're never alone. Oh la la, I don't know, what I'm saying isn't really "fashion" right?

I:It's alright, we didn't want only "fashion"..

C:I love fashion but I'm not really up to date on it. My daughters are, more than me.

I: Do they influence you?
C:Yes. I always ask them what to say. (Karl Lagerfeld comes in : "I see that you're not done yet. I'll leave you to it, I don't want to be a useless distraction)

I:To conclude, is there any question you wish I had asked you?
C: My weight ? (She laughs) No. I mostly hope that you're recorder didn't work. You would have to write it all from memory. And that would be so much better. "

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: December 13, 2016, 07:09:01 PM »

December 1
On the occasion of World AIDS Day, Prince Albert of Monaco, Princess Stephanie and her daughter Camille Gottlieb attended a charity auction held for the benefit of Fight AIDS Monaco (F.A.M.) at Atlantique Hall of Monte Carlo Le Meridien Beach Plaza Hotel in Monaco.
297.500 Euros were collected at the event and this fund will be used in supporting people with HIV and prevention of HIV.

Camille became a beautiful woman, but personally I would prefer her in other clothes (not such short skirts). In comparison to her cousins and siblings she is more curvy.
Tinika

Big Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: December 13, 2016, 07:22:48 PM »

Uggggggggggh, Camille looks like a Kardashian.   
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: