Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Alexandra, Countess of Fredensbourg - NEWS & EVENTS  (Read 137351 times)
Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2016, 04:06:26 AM »

25 million danish kroner is approx $5.3 million Australian dollars. !!!
  Alex definitely is not short of cash and she has a wonderful forever pension thanks
  to the danish taxpayer. I am sure she can afford to downsize but still purchase a
  nice property in Copenhagen and have even more money in the bank. IMO

But didn't she leverage this house to pay for the vacation houses in Turkey? If she did that, she would have a hefty mortgage on her Copenhagen house. She lost money on the Turkey houses so the payoff is smaller than before. If the Copenhagen house appreciated, that will make up for some of the losses.
Desideria

Medium Member

Sweden Sweden

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2016, 11:57:03 AM »

25 million danish kroner is approx $5.3 million Australian dollars. !!!
  Alex definitely is not short of cash and she has a wonderful forever pension thanks
  to the danish taxpayer. I am sure she can afford to downsize but still purchase a
  nice property in Copenhagen and have even more money in the bank. IMO

But didn't she leverage this house to pay for the vacation houses in Turkey? If she did that, she would have a hefty mortgage on her Copenhagen house. She lost money on the Turkey houses so the payoff is smaller than before. If the Copenhagen house appreciated, that will make up for some of the losses.

From what I understand, she has taken out loans for her villa in Copenhagen. My first thought when I heard that she was selling the house was to pay off debts.

What do the Danish newspapers write about her financial situation?
Miss_Denmark

Micro Member

Denmark Denmark

Sofia upgraded her tiara Marystyle

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2016, 09:26:39 PM »

Alex is well set finacially. If she gets the asking price and sell the last house in Turkey she will have appr. 20 mio danish kr in cash (thats a lot + 2,3 mio. Kr. every year. It was discussed in the great radio programme "Det vi taler om" (aka hot gossip) on radio 24syv earlier today (with 4 gossip/royal press/newspaper people hosting the show).

Alex just said in an interview that she will stay in Denmark/Copenhagen area. Just downsizing - starting a new chapter. Sounded like she wanted to put all the memories of happy family life with Martin behind her and start a new.
Miss_Denmark

Micro Member

Denmark Denmark

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2016, 09:32:11 PM »

Link to the article is here. Says she haven't found her new place yet.

http://kendte.dk/grevinde...ndra-vi-bliver-i-danmark/

Btw. She is also on the board of a medical firm (Ferring I think) and she is payed around 500.000 kr a year (minimum because she does some other work for them as well).

She was a master negotiater in her prenup (or insanely lucky). Mary and Marie won't get anything near this (house etc) if they divorce.
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2016, 11:14:14 PM »

Link to the article is here. Says she haven't found her new place yet.

http://kendte.dk/grevinde...ndra-vi-bliver-i-danmark/

Btw. She is also on the board of a medical firm (Ferring I think) and she is payed around 500.000 kr a year (minimum because she does some other work for them as well).

She was a master negotiater in her prenup (or insanely lucky). Mary and Marie won't get anything near this (house etc) if they divorce.

Mary doesn't get a house, according to her postnup, but Marie get's 1/2 of the value of the house they own now, according to her "postnup".

Miss_Denmark

Micro Member

Denmark Denmark

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2016, 01:59:53 PM »

Oh you're right.
It's only the CP that had to change her deal around the arrival of Isabella. "Funny" she got the worst deal.
Well back to topic...  Secret
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2016, 08:39:42 PM »

Oh you're right.
It's only the CP that had to change her deal around the arrival of Isabella. "Funny" she got the worst deal.

IMO it's because the DRF know the state would pay the bills of housing Mary in case of a divorce, because she's the mother of the future king Beer
Marie getting half of the worth of her and Joachim's house is actually a big deal, I think. It's clearly a sign that Joachim knows he can't write off another wife on the Danes.

BTW if Alex gets her asking price for her villa she will have earned 18 millions on the house. No way has she lost that kind of money on Martin. I believe her when she says selling the house is moving on from her divorce prepping for the future.
Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2016, 11:13:28 PM »

Oh you're right.

IMO it's because the DRF know the state would pay the bills of housing Mary in case of a divorce, because she's the mother of the future king Beer
Marie getting half of the worth of her and Joachim's house is actually a big deal, I think. It's clearly a sign that Joachim knows he can't write off another wife on the Danes.

BTW if Alex gets her asking price for her villa she will have earned 18 millions on the house. No way has she lost that kind of money on Martin. I believe her when she says selling the house is moving on from her divorce prepping for the future.

But we don't know how much mortgage she took out on the house to finance the purchase of those two Turkey houses. 18 million kroner = $2.7 million. (I don't know what's the original purchase price of the house.) If she took out a mortgage of $2.16 million (80% LTV, as custom for a traditional mortgage in the U.S.), she would only get $540K back if the house sells as asking. It sounds like those two Turkey houses are around $2 million, which is close to her mortgage on her Copenhagen house. If she gets $2 million back from those Turkey houses, she's worth about $2.5 million in total. I don't know Copenhagen real estate, but that should be enough to buy a smaller house with cash. She still has nice income coming in so financially, she should be okay. She won't be super wealthy, but she should be fine. 

ronda

Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2016, 02:43:43 AM »

Alex is not short of money at all. !!
I think the only difference next time is that she will marry a rich possibly
older man who will look after her and keep her in the style she has become
accustomed to and have access to " his" money instead of using her funds.
 Her boys will always be " Royal Princes of Denmark" so the DRF including ofcourse
 their Dad will always be there for the boys and they will be provided for in every way.
These people will all be just fine. IMO

Smiley...Knowledge is Power...Smiley
ralf103

Large Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2016, 09:20:52 PM »

I'm sure we don't need to worry about Alex putting bread on the table. She gets her allowance and money from being a director for a company plus probably other investments. Whilst she may have spent more than she would otherwise when with Martin I doubt she has allowed herself to go broke. I believe she is selling the house to allow her to move on, she had barely moved in before she was dating Martin so she may see it as 'their' house and wants a fresh start. Equally if property prices in Copenhagen are at a high, perfect time to sell. She may also feel more comfortable selling after seeing Joachim do the same, maybe it showed her the boys could cope with it so she felt less need to stay in the home she shared with them.
Miss_Denmark

Micro Member

Denmark Denmark

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2016, 10:40:03 PM »

Oh you're right.
Well back to topic...  Secret

But we don't know how much mortgage she took out on the house to finance the purchase of those two Turkey houses. 18 million kroner = $2.7 million. (I don't know what's the original purchase price of the house.) If she took out a mortgage of $2.16 million (80% LTV, as custom for a traditional mortgage in the U.S.), she would only get $540K back if the house sells as asking. It sounds like those two Turkey houses are around $2 million, which is close to her mortgage on her Copenhagen house. If she gets $2 million back from those Turkey houses, she's worth about $2.5 million in total. I don't know Copenhagen real estate, but that should be enough to buy a smaller house with cash. She still has nice income coming in so financially, she should be okay. She won't be super wealthy, but she should be fine.  

http://www.bt.dk/royale/g...or-har-vi-laant-en-formue
Both summerhouses together cost appr. 6.300.000 Danish kroner ~ 950.000 us$ and they sold the biggest and most expensive one this year:
http://ekstrabladet.dk/fl...solgt-ferie-bolig/5905824

Alex and Martin had a dept of us$ 937.000 in their house and that was due to the summerhomes.
If they sold the super expensive one, then she will be more or less deptfree.

Her hairdresser friend said to a newspaper that she'll probably buy a large "herskabslejlighed" - in English like "upperclass appartment" in the old, charming areas of inner Copenhagen. High ceiling, woodpaneling on the walls, stucco ceilings etc. They don't come cheap, but it will be a good investment as well, I guess.

Btw. Maria - I think you are quite right - one wifey pr prince on goverment payroll  Star

Maybe it's just me, but I kind of like seeing this new Alex, ridden of tomboy, and emancipating herself.

Joachim bought the house for only around 1,1-1,4 mio. Us$. Selling it for 3,8 mio $ is a niiiice profit even if she looses 200.000 us$ on the "cheap" house she has left in Turkie.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 10:47:53 PM by Miss_Denmark, Reason: More info » Logged
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2016, 11:01:41 PM »

Maybe it's just me, but I kind of like seeing this new Alex, ridden of tomboy, and emancipating herself.

Joachim bought the house for only around 1,1-1,4 mio. Us$. Selling it for 3,8 mio $ is a niiiice profit even if she looses 200.000 us$ on the "cheap" house she has left in Turkie.

If she got a proper job and said stop to her annual pay, I'd (re)gain my respect for her, but I agree - she's taking charge and it's a nice differece Thumb up Perhaps Martin wasn't good for her in many ways..
Katestolemyname

Mini Member

Norway Norway

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2016, 04:45:08 PM »

I used to like Alexandra, in fact she was one of my favourite princesses. Her actions after the divorce however speaks for themselves. She has made so many stupid decisions and considering the fact that she's soon 50 years old, I would expect her to have some mission in her life. After all, she was passed 30 when she got married and she only stayed in the marriage for ten years, so it's not like she had very less options.
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: May 04, 2016, 05:50:10 PM »

Alex nightclub with young people: partied with Remee.

Remees new jetset place finally start up, after the disappointment of last week. And single fiery Alexandra turned up for hot club night. Countess Alexandra turned up for the party as Remee finally got opened its new nightclub named Arch.

The opening was postponed one week because Remees people were not finished on time, but on Friday the party really got going. The former princess enjoyed herself with the heavy disco rhythms.

editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: May 04, 2016, 11:15:51 PM »

I like her coat.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: