Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Alexandra, Countess of Fredensbourg - NEWS & EVENTS  (Read 69612 times)
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: July 09, 2017, 09:34:20 PM »

She is definitely not going to ever have "money' issues. Also, I think it won't be too long before Alex finds herself a rich business man or banker and marries again. JMO

I think so, too. I think she married Martin for love ... this time she will chose reason. And someone with money and interesting connections.
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #136 on: July 09, 2017, 10:40:12 PM »

But Joachim paid her what she was entitled to i.e. the house and the lump sum, so why the top up by Marge.

If Alex cried poverty or cruelty the DRF could reference her pre-nup which was fully adhered to. 

She would have had to work (a real proper job) if she had only been given the house and the lump sum. In fact she'd probably have had to sell the house at some point because the upkeep of the house and the kids would have been a lot more than the lump sum. IMO it just shows how out of date the DRF are. Setting up people marrying into the family so they can't make it afterwards isn't a very solid solution for anyone. Could you imagine N&F living in a castle literally with their father and a small appartment with their mother. Or having to spend time alone or in after school clubs when they were at the mothers (because she'd be working full time) and then going straight home from school when with their father. We could also imagine the scenario where she could have gotten a better job offer abroad - which she couldn't take because she wouldn't be allowed to take the kids with her. Nope. Of course she could also have gotten a job in Denmark - but then she would have had to leave the DRF completely or would have been limited in what she worked with. I think the DRF felt it was much more easy to pay her off. I don't think they were wrong at all, they should just have payed themselves.
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: July 10, 2017, 04:23:39 PM »

I think they never put so much thought into it because royals Marges generation hardly divorced, they just split quietly and kept the status.

The problem with Alex was also that she was very popular, the split came kind of a sudden, so a lot of people wanted to know what the reason was. Alex as a person was interesting enough for many people that she could have made money with "just being Alex". 

It could have also been that she accepts the wrong kinds of jobs. So the status was somewhere "dangerous". Nobody knew that Alex would kind of quietly fade into the shade, and made some questionable decisions by marrying Martin... The perfect job:

(a) should keep her out of the limelight
(b) not reflect badly on the DRF
(c) not interfere with her former status
(d) give her loads of money
(e) give her flexibel working hours.

Puh.
ralf103

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: July 10, 2017, 05:03:06 PM »

I suspect Alex will take on a few positions on different boards, paying her well enough with not too much commitment that people will never really know about. The DRF have plenty of connections to big businesses to I suspect there may be a little bit of help behind the scenes. 
Tinika

Big Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: July 18, 2017, 02:51:44 PM »

She is definitely not going to ever have "money' issues. Also, I think it won't be too long before Alex finds herself a rich business man or banker and marries again. JMO

I think so, too. I think she married Martin for love ... this time she will chose reason. And someone with money and interesting connections.

Agreed.  She'll pull a Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: