Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Alexandra, Countess of Fredensbourg - NEWS & EVENTS  (Read 80562 times)
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: October 12, 2017, 12:25:57 PM »

She has very good connections, but she is of a certain age at which it becomes very difficult to find a job. And while she has a lot of soft skills such as an knowledge in diplomacy and meeting and dealing with many people, her own business days are long over.
I have often wondered how much those representative and highly decorative jobs really do pay. She can't associate with any sort of commerce, which would pay very well. She has to go into some sphere, that is socially clean and acceptable for a society lady of her standing.
Of course lecturing at a university would be fab. But truth to be told, what can she bring to the table? Can you really fill an entire course and job with her admittedly quite interesting experiences? Sure she could build some job by going into the speech-holding arena, giving a lecture here, a speech there. But I guess, she'll risk ending up being hired by the women's gardening club in Winnepega for their annual festivities.
Those "sitting on a board - with no previous knowledge - only good connections - and still getting paid more than the CEO of a medium sized company" are few and far between and highly sought after, your connections really need to get their money back for promoting you.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: October 16, 2017, 10:25:05 PM »

October 15
Alexandra attended, dressed up for the Indian girl Pocahontas, a masquerade birthday party in Copenhagen with a Wild West theme.

Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #167 on: October 16, 2017, 11:19:59 PM »

I think itís very interesting that both Alexandra and Marie have managed to make friends of their own here, something Maryís hasnít.
getafix
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: October 16, 2017, 11:23:38 PM »

I think itís very interesting that both Alexandra and Marie have managed to make friends of their own here, something Maryís hasnít.

...but MEDiana has lots and lots of illusionary friends and ONE Am-bi-ur GF

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
cowgrrl

Large Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Today at 05:31:57 AM »

I'm going to be a nit-picker but Pocahontas wasn't even close to the time we would call the "Wild, Wild West'.  Sacagawea would be closer to that time frame.  Pocahontas was the first American settlements, like Jamestown, VA.

AFA the lecturer position, if the University of Texas can have Matthew McConaughey co-teach a class on film-making (link below) IMO, Alexandra is just as qualified to give a guest lecture.  And the University of Indiana isn't that prestigious.  Its a public, state university that I'm sure does a very good job educating students (I don't think its a diploma mill) but its definitely not an Ivy League school or even one listed in lists of top public universities. 

http://college.usatoday.c...teach-film-class-u-texas/
Sondra Finchley

Big Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Today at 09:28:51 AM »

Its Indiana's business school though right? Agreed its not top 20 but its not bottom of the barrel among state schools either. Actually its somewhat odd choice - wonder who she knows on the faculty or if there is some sort of tie-up with a Danish school for whatever reason.

McConaghey is a well known Texas supporter and usually signs up for volunteer duty to drive kids home on golf carts after football games if they are too drunk to drive. At least he has a connection to the school as an alumna, what is the connection for Alex and Indiana?
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: