Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 429 430 [431] 432 433 ... 516   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: News and photos of William and Kate V  (Read 1175651 times)
Margaret

Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #6450 on: May 19, 2017, 01:13:54 AM »

Their millionaires people really need to get over that. They are going to spend it how they want. I don't want someone telling me how to spend my money. jmo.

For me the problem with this Middleton wedding shindig is the way it is being advertised, and I use that word intentionally.  It is being advertised.  I don't care how much money rich people spend on themselves, as long as they do it quietly and privately or at least don't shove it in my face, which is what this lot seems to have been doing.  They seem to be courting publicity.  This tells me they have no class, and wealth without class is not a pretty thing and not worthy of admiration or acclamation.   Pippa is not a member of the RF and I don't really give a hoot about her nuptials except to hope that she and James have a successful and happy marriage, yet her wedding is being publicised as though it is a royal wedding.  Neither she, nor it, are as important as they seem to want us to believe, and this shameless advertising is tainting the RF, I believe.   
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 01:19:08 AM by Margaret » Logged
georgette

Mini Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #6451 on: May 19, 2017, 01:19:38 AM »

Totally agree Margaret...couldn't have said it any better myself !!
smf3000

Warned
Medium Member

Botswana Botswana

Ignore
« Reply #6452 on: May 19, 2017, 02:51:47 AM »

Their millionaires people really need to get over that. They are going to spend it how they want. I don't want someone telling me how to spend my money. jmo.

For me the problem with this Middleton wedding shindig is the way it is being advertised, and I use that word intentionally.  It is being advertised.  I don't care how much money rich people spend on themselves, as long as they do it quietly and privately or at least don't shove it in my face, which is what this lot seems to have been doing.      

Exactamundo!  Banana

Star Margaret

They seem to be courting publicity.  This tells me they have no class, and wealth without class is not a pretty thing and not worthy of admiration or acclamation.

Expanding on that, I'd say that wealth itself is neither worthy of admiration nor acclamation.

Further, I'd say that the "shoving it in people's faces" and over the top aspect of this wedding reveals Pippa to be insecure. Methinks the Lady doth protesth her wealth too much  Spiteful
royalsareajoke

Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #6453 on: May 19, 2017, 03:21:28 AM »

wrong thread

Loneliness and the feeling of being unwanted
is the most terrible poverty.
- Mother Teresa
getafix
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #6454 on: May 19, 2017, 04:52:23 AM »

Margaret  Star

.. but you know it made me think why are they advertising it as the Second coming of Jesus?? Thinking

is it because Pimpy needs all the money she can get? in case her pre-nuptial leaves her penniless?  Or is it MacBeth family need all the advert money so they can spend and look lavish and rich??

Hmm

Wonder how much hubby's family are contributing to this shin-dig??

G Thinking Thinking

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
Suzy

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #6455 on: May 19, 2017, 12:30:48 PM »

For me the problem with this Middleton wedding shindig is the way it is being advertised, and I use that word intentionally.  It is being advertised.  I don't care how much money rich people spend on themselves, as long as they do it quietly and privately or at least don't shove it in my face, which is what this lot seems to have been doing.  They seem to be courting publicity.  This tells me they have no class, and wealth without class is not a pretty thing and not worthy of admiration or acclamation.   Pippa is not a member of the RF and I don't really give a hoot about her nuptials except to hope that she and James have a successful and happy marriage, yet her wedding is being publicised as though it is a royal wedding.  Neither she, nor it, are as important as they seem to want us to believe, and this shameless advertising is tainting the RF, I believe.  

Star I agree with all you wrote but part of it is also the palace's fault. If KP hadn't released the statement about the Cambridges' roles at that wedding, it would not have tainted the RF so much. They have been to other weddings with Will being usher or whatever and there was barely any fuss. But the statement made this wedding look official and important which it is absolutely not. I guess KP's 'no comment on private events/matters unless it suits us' policy is just a very bad idea. And Harry accepting the wedding invitation made it worse (did Charles ever attend a wedding of Fergie's or Mark Phillips' siblings?). The Midds set the trap to get as much PR and he (and Will) went right into it. JMO

Witchell: Clearly a greater share of royal burden will fall on you and as that happens you will grasp it willingly?
Will: Absolutely willingly. And as that time comes I'll be the first person to put my hand up and take it on. But [] my grandfather is so active [] and unwilling to slow down.
Roll Eyes
Antevorta

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #6456 on: May 19, 2017, 04:01:05 PM »

For me the problem with this Middleton wedding shindig is the way it is being advertised, and I use that word intentionally.  It is being advertised.  I don't care how much money rich people spend on themselves, as long as they do it quietly and privately or at least don't shove it in my face, which is what this lot seems to have been doing.  They seem to be courting publicity.  This tells me they have no class, and wealth without class is not a pretty thing and not worthy of admiration or acclamation.   Pippa is not a member of the RF and I don't really give a hoot about her nuptials except to hope that she and James have a successful and happy marriage, yet her wedding is being publicised as though it is a royal wedding.  Neither she, nor it, are as important as they seem to want us to believe, and this shameless advertising is tainting the RF, I believe.  

Star I agree with all you wrote but part of it is also the palace's fault. If KP hadn't released the statement about the Cambridges' roles at that wedding, it would not have tainted the RF so much. They have been to other weddings with Will being usher or whatever and there was barely any fuss. But the statement made this wedding look official and important which it is absolutely not. I guess KP's 'no comment on private events/matters unless it suits us' policy is just a very bad idea. And Harry accepting the wedding invitation made it worse (did Charles ever attend a wedding of Fergie's or Mark Phillips' siblings?). The Midds set the trap to get as much PR and he (and Will) went right into it. JMO

Star

What she said.

I also don't see what purpose releasing the statement served at all.  Of course Kate and William would be attending the wedding. Of course George and Charlotte would attend the wedding.  I can even see Harry attending as he and Pippa may have developed a friendship over the years.  So, why did the attendance warrant an official statement from the palace?  That's what baffles me. 

You know what else baffles me about the wedding? Pips seems to be taking a page from Cambridges in that she is hard core courting the press, having KP get involved on behalf of her sister and even hiring a publicist yet at the same time she is demanding privacy because she is a private citizen. She's a little too Cambridgesque if you ask me.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 04:07:44 PM by Antevorta » Logged
lothwen

Warned
Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #6457 on: May 19, 2017, 04:57:33 PM »

IMO, KP releasing that statement insured that William and Kate will not be at the wedding as private citizens,  but as royals. I guarantee that Pippa's wedding will be included in the court circular as one of their "royal duties "

Cleo12
Banned
Banned
Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #6458 on: May 19, 2017, 05:59:08 PM »

Margaret  Star

.. but you know it made me think why are they advertising it as the Second coming of Jesus?? Thinking

is it because Pimpy needs all the money she can get? in case her pre-nuptial leaves her penniless?  Or is it MacBeth family need all the advert money so they can spend and look lavish and rich??

Hmm

Wonder how much hubby's family are contributing to this shin-dig??

G Thinking Thinking

One story said the groom's family was not contributing to this event at all.  Maybe that's why the wedding is not being held at some big cathedral with a reception at a big hotel in downtown London.  It also looks like the Midds are "pulling a Fergie" by getting some freebies, i.e., free caviar from a mysterious Russian (maybe for a later meet with William and Kate), free Jaguars & Land Rovers to transport guests from the Village Hall to the Venue (publicity for Land Rover & Jaguar), and probably lots more, including flowers and catering.  No end to the freebies for companies that want publicity attached to the royals. 
Hibou

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #6459 on: May 19, 2017, 06:37:25 PM »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I recall that the groom broke off with Pippa shortly after the Cambridge wedding because of all the press, and it wasn't until recently when things had died down some with Pippa that the romance re-kindled. So I'm wondering if all the press stuff is coming from William and Kate or KP trying to control the narrative on this - especially since Meghan wasn't originally invited, then was invited to only the dinner, and now the whole thing. So to me it's not Pippa driving this train, it appears to be KP. Yes Pippa went along with having Harry's girlfriend, but I'm sure the groom was consulted. His family continues as does he, to keep a low profile. Also makes me wonder if Harry is closer to an engagement than we think. I just think William, Kate, Harry, and KP had a bigger say than we give credit for. I'm really not so sure it was coming from Pippa. JMO.
rosella

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #6460 on: May 19, 2017, 06:49:12 PM »

I thought Pippa was dating Alex Lauden at the time of the Cambridge marriage and there was talk of an engagement, but Alex couldnt hack the paps round every corner and his mother wasn't keen on Pippa. She said she wasn't marriage material or something, and so the romance ended. I think Pippa fitted in terribly rich James for a few dates before Nico, exactly how long before I can't remember, but they had also dated years before, pre Alex.
royalsareajoke

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #6461 on: May 19, 2017, 07:42:11 PM »

Confused   Far be it from me not to enjoy the comments here thoroughly Jumping  but I'm  Nerves Nerves Nerves  worried that the OT hammer is going to hit hard. 

Loneliness and the feeling of being unwanted
is the most terrible poverty.
- Mother Teresa
Olya

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #6462 on: May 19, 2017, 08:55:40 PM »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I recall that the groom broke off with Pippa shortly after the Cambridge wedding because of all the press, and it wasn't until recently when things had died down some with Pippa that the romance re-kindled. So I'm wondering if all the press stuff is coming from William and Kate or KP trying to control the narrative on this - especially since Meghan wasn't originally invited, then was invited to only the dinner, and now the whole thing. So to me it's not Pippa driving this train, it appears to be KP. Yes Pippa went along with having Harry's girlfriend, but I'm sure the groom was consulted. His family continues as does he, to keep a low profile. Also makes me wonder if Harry is closer to an engagement than we think. I just think William, Kate, Harry, and KP had a bigger say than we give credit for. I'm really not so sure it was coming from Pippa. JMO.

I thought Pippa was dating Alex Lauden at the time of the Cambridge marriage and there was talk of an engagement, but Alex couldnt hack the paps round every corner and his mother wasn't keen on Pippa. She said she wasn't marriage material or something, and so the romance ended. I think Pippa fitted in terribly rich James for a few dates before Nico, exactly how long before I can't remember, but they had also dated years before, pre Alex.

Yes that was Alex Loudon who was with Pip at the time of the Cambs wedding and Pip didn't invite him to the reception/ party, apparently hoping to meet someone better. He eventually dumped her because his parents didn't approve of her, and he didn't like the spotlight and Pips always had an eye out on bigger fish. James was basically on the fringes, I think Pip was never interested until she saw that it wouldn't work out with Nico and then warmed James up (St Barths vacation during that summer with James her bro & James Matthews), whilst she was still with Nico. Two months after Nico she was officially with J Matthews, who supposedly always held a torch for her. I think she's settling, as no title came along and this one has a decent bank balance, so better this than nothing.

Sorry for going OT!!!  Angel

ETA: I think you could say that JM is Pip's "fall back guy", you know in Bridget Jones, she freaks when one of her exes gets engaged, because the guy was always (more) into her (than she into him), and she held him "warm", in case she doesn't find anyone better. So she'd regularly wish him a happy bday and xmas, to be in touch in case she wanted to get back together, but distant enough so he wouldn't get the wrong idea. That fell through when he called her to tell her he's engaged and she freaked, imagining herself dying alone and being eaten by an alsatian (that's how it was in the books). Anyway, JM is definitely Pip's fall back guy she held warm, and she's lucky he didn't find someone else in the meantime, whilst she was desperately trying to land a wealthy aristocrat.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 09:03:17 PM by Olya » Logged
PruNordstrom

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #6463 on: May 20, 2017, 03:27:18 AM »

I posted a response in the Off Topic section:
https://royaldish.com/ind...306.msg1073495#msg1073495

Also, a new topic has been added there about the wedding.
 Whistle

Things ain't what they used to be and never were.
Georgie

Small Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #6464 on: May 20, 2017, 12:14:33 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 429 430 [431] 432 433 ... 516   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: