Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 671 672 [673] 674 675 ... 677   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: News and photos of William and Kate V  (Read 2040590 times)
Pomme

Huge Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Mary who?

Ignore
« Reply #10080 on: February 10, 2019, 09:31:03 PM »

BOOM.

And yes, those velvet slippers  and silk socks/stockings on Chompers' hooves are the U footwear that goes with a tux/black tie/smoking jacket. After all, traditionally the smoking jacket was the one you'd put on after dinner (in a frack) to have port and cigars, so you'd don your comfy slippers, too. Nowadays black tie is combined with patent leather (shiny!) shoes, preferably loafers without laces, but the velvet ones are more chic.

ETA: I just learned that the velvet slippers are called pumps in English, court pumps to be exact. They may even have a twee little bow.
(The most formal attire the men in the BRF wear is really jolly, with knickerbocker-like trousers and similar pumps. Phil the Greek used to look smashing in that stuff (at state banquets)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 09:42:03 PM by Pomme » Logged

Talk to the hair, you slitherin' Skank
http://i.imgur.com/2mUIe.jpg
CindyM

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #10081 on: February 10, 2019, 09:33:03 PM »

Kate looks good. I actually like her make up. Itís not too heavy which is rare for her. Love the bottom of the gown, with the movement & the way it flows when she moves.
royalsareajoke

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #10082 on: February 10, 2019, 09:38:19 PM »

Fairy and FC  a  Star   Kate does look lovely and imo regal and dignified. She and William really are an impressive couple here. Kate seems to be growing more and more into her role, and aside from her looking a bit tired in some photos (baby Louis I'm looking at you little guy) this is the best I've seen them look together or apart for years.

Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.
royalsareajoke

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #10083 on: February 10, 2019, 09:42:27 PM »

They both look great. One of her best looks ever.
I agree, she looks great. That type of flowy dress with a clear waist and one or two bear shoulders, and preferably in powder colours, is excellent for her body type.  ....and then there is that rock hard body... she must possess quite a bit of discipline to eat well and train hard. I know she has help etc, but still, looking like that requires some serious efforts.  Thumb up
For sure, no one can look this good w/o effort and as you said even though she has help no one can make her look this great.

Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.
Pomme

Huge Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Mary who?

Ignore
« Reply #10084 on: February 10, 2019, 09:50:28 PM »

They both look great. One of her best looks ever.
I agree, she looks great. That type of flowy dress with a clear waist and one or two bear shoulders, and preferably in powder colours, is excellent for her body type.  ....and then there is that rock hard body... she must possess quite a bit of discipline to eat well and train hard. I know she has help etc, but still, looking like that requires some serious efforts.  Thumb up
For sure, no one can look this good w/o effort and as you said even though she has help no one can make her look this great.

Well, Wisterias do not only climb well and get stronger by doing so, they are also very hardy  Halo

Talk to the hair, you slitherin' Skank
http://i.imgur.com/2mUIe.jpg
A Citizen not a Subject

Warned
Medium Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #10085 on: February 10, 2019, 10:03:59 PM »

She (and many of the women guests) must be freezing. I know they're not outside for long, but all the members of the public waiting outside have woolly hats and gloves on.

I live in hope that one day I will be able to elect my Head of State.
anastasia beaverhausen

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #10086 on: February 10, 2019, 10:14:08 PM »

Wow.

Kate brought the AAA+++ game!

Are those...slip on loafers ... on Willsí Royal feet?

Looks like it. And no holes in the bottoms!
Eliza B

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #10087 on: February 10, 2019, 10:15:08 PM »

Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #10088 on: February 10, 2019, 10:16:25 PM »

William looks a lot like his father in that picture.

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
Margaret

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #10089 on: February 10, 2019, 10:21:35 PM »

Full marks to Kate for this outfit.  She looks lovely.  A bit heavy-handed with the makeup perhaps, but otherwise very good.  Choppers looks good, too. 
Antevorta

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #10090 on: February 10, 2019, 11:06:53 PM »

They both look fantastic. Everything I needed to see today out of proper royals. Thank you, Cambridges.
perdie

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #10091 on: February 11, 2019, 12:29:54 AM »

Kate looks fantastic!  For once, the waist is at her natural waist (same level as her elbows) and it looks so much better.  I'm so pleased to see her wearing a pair of proper, royal looking earrings and not hiding them in her hair.  She looks fantastic, one of her best ever appearances.
Oh_Caroline

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #10092 on: February 11, 2019, 12:41:50 AM »

Solid A for me with only a few tweeks need for A+...

1.  Looks like the bodice was tailored just a touch too tight...slight bulge by right armpit and visible corset line down from the center of right breast to waist.  Corsets or boned under garments are very difficult and it's not like she needs them...she would be fine with spanx and a sewn in bra for support.

2.  As other said the makeup is just a touch to heavy and IMVHO the look would be fabulous with very subtle eye makeup and a matte red lip (think vintage 40s and 50s)

Other than that it's great.  Though to be honest while I love the concept of statement earring these just aren't my cup of tea....maybe Diana's Emir of Qatar Diamond and Pearl Earrings (the one the Kate switch the pearls onto these from).  I think it's the "C" that just doesn't jive for me.  But as this is my hang up no points were taken off.

onar

Gigantic Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #10093 on: February 11, 2019, 12:45:09 AM »

Wow she looks dreamy! Like a fairytale-princess!
Really impressive look for Kate.
(Although I think that something's wrong with her eye makeup, I'm not sure though)

SvenskaSarah

Small Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #10094 on: February 11, 2019, 12:58:11 AM »

Not often Kate wows me, but WOW!!! She looks a real princess in this outfit, she doesn't look too thin (like the blue dress bafta appearance) and I like the fact that she's not got a fake tan to contrast with the white dress. I know a lot of people were hoping for a repeat of the 2011 gala dress from the US trip, but this is a pretty good substitute! Love the flow of the skirt too, if Kate is going to try and look taller than she is, skirts like this are the way to go!
Pages: 1 ... 671 672 [673] 674 675 ... 677   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: